Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 05:46 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It is not rude to ask for proof. To test all possibilities, they need to face the same scrutiny that every other treatment faces. If you take umbrage to that test you are the rude closed minded one.

I wont dismiss something until it has been tested. Many of what people post here has been tested and been shown to be dangerous, or refuted as ineffective.

There are those like 20yearsinbranson who refuse to accept science and the process that works and has been shown to be effective. It isn't perfect, but the method works and is effective.
Your right, it's not rude to ask for proof, however, it's the way someone asks for it, or calls another poster stupid...ignorant, or trying to make them feel like less of a person is rude and wrong....you've got a right to your opion and to disagree, in a respectful way...not in a humiliating way...actually, and honestly, when you respond to another poster and call them names, you make yourself look bad, instead of disagreeing respectfully...there are words, then there are words...and your absolutely right, don't dismiss anything, ever...discuss it till the cows come home, research it, until yours sick of it, and then continue researching and asking questions, but don't call people names for they're beliefs and feelings.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:01 AM

593 posts, read 1,315,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
I seriously believe there is a sucker born every minute.....
every second.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:09 AM

896 posts, read 1,864,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infiri View Post
every second.
Just a guess or from experience?

Old 06-22-2011, 06:36 AM

593 posts, read 1,315,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Just a guess or from experience?
Educated guess.
lets be honest here, the world if full of them...

Old 06-22-2011, 06:47 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Your right, it's not rude to ask for proof, however, it's the way someone asks for it, or calls another poster stupid...ignorant, or trying to make them feel like less of a person is rude and wrong....you've got a right to your opion and to disagree, in a respectfsidul way...not in a humiliating way...actually, and honestly, when you respond to another poster and call them names, you make yourself look bad, instead of disagreeing respectfully...there are words, then there are words...and your absolutely right, don't dismiss anything, ever...discuss it till the cows come home, research it, until yours sick of it, and then continue researching and asking questions, but don't call people names for they're beliefs and feelings.
So is bringing up cancer "cures" and kenned conspiracy. I have asked for proof from the others they can't or won't and I look bad? I might be jerky but I tend to have science and data on my side.

You only half assed showed one case... Hardly conclusive. I will take people to task for deja moo and bad evidence or no evidence.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
So is bringing up cancer "cures" and kenned conspiracy. I have asked for proof from the others they can't or won't and I look bad? I might be jerky but I tend to have science and data on my side.

You only half assed showed one case... Hardly conclusive. I will take people to task for deja moo and bad evidence or no evidence.
your not listening...what makes you look bad is calling people names...and being intollerent to discussion, b/c your right and that's all that matters...
so, it's futile to try and discuss anything with you, that you don't agree with...

Old 06-22-2011, 07:14 AM

moving on, I just want to thank those of you who did participate...and let you know, I've ordered the book...I do want to research this more....there are many people out there who know there are cures for certain kinds of cancers....

Just like The Race for the Cure....do you know how much they charge in each of those races to run? And from what I understand, and I could be wrong, however, I've been told by several people who participated that very little of that money goes to cancer research...it's become very big, very political, and as everything else, everyone needs to take they're cut....

Old 06-22-2011, 07:14 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
Cremebrulee, forgive me if I missed this, but why did Dr. Ivy turn down a million dollars from Eli Lilly?

Whatever it was that cured your cousin's cancer, I'm very glad he beat it! We're all just trying to sort things out here.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Cremebrulee, forgive me if I missed this, but why did Dr. Ivy turn down a million dollars from Eli Lilly?

Whatever it was that cured your cousin's cancer, I'm very glad he beat it! We're all just trying to sort things out here.
It wasn't Dr. Ivy that turned down Abbot and Lilly and another large pharmaceutical company, but Dr. Stevan Durovic. See, Durovic was from Europe, and invented the theory along with a sirum...and was shocked to find after reading a report that Dr. Ivy wrote, that Dr. Ivy was thinking right along the same theroy with himself. It was Durovic that Abbott and Lilly offered money to...it wasn't until later that Dr. Ivy became so heavily involved, I have to read the book to answer your question legitimatly...or...you could order the book yourself...?

All I know right now, is what I've written here...that I recall as a child...and ordered the book to investigate further, to find out all the facts...I want to read it for myself to that I can conclude my own feelings on the subject....

Oh and I'm sorry, Durovic turned all that money down, b/c he wanted it tested further....there was, at that time, no doubt that it would be approved by the FDA as in that time FDA passed anything thru that wasn't harmful to humans. They were not nearly as strict, so he wanted to wait and have it thoroughly tested. And let me say, I am convinced, it was a conspiracty theory, b/c I know it cured my cousin...the longer he lived the more amazed the doctors and we were...b/c he was bad, very bad....and when my uncle started administering the drug to him, they stopped all other treatments...back then, my parents thought it was God creating a miracle....I remember my mother being so angry that her brother stopped all the chemo and radiation, she thought surely her nephew would die within weeks....but my uncle wouldn't listen, for some reason, he was sold on this med...let me tell you and I'm just assuming...that my uncle did his homework, back then radiation and chemo were strictly experimental...they didn't really know how much the dose should be per patient, they were simply trying to find out which helped what. My uncle thought it would eventually kill my cousin, so what did he have to loose, so he stopped treatments and started injecting his son with this medication...from Dr. Ivy.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:45 AM

896 posts, read 1,864,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infiri View Post
Educated guess.
lets be honest here, the world if full of them...
Okay, lets be honest then. So how do you know that 'the world is full of them'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer