Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 06:47 AM

454 posts, read 1,335,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Very interesting topic! I have heard it said more than once that if a cure were discovered for cancer, that millions of doctors/hospitals/drug companies/pharmacies would go out of business. How scary is that? And I have seen too many people suffer from so-called cancer treatments (chemo/radiation) and still not survive...yet the medical providers made huge profits.
Seriously? you really believe people are THAT evil? That's said. Also, there will never be a "cure" for cancer as it is a part of our genetic make up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 07:51 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,941,331 times
Default They still get paid!

katie45 wrote:
And I have seen too many people suffer from so-called cancer treatments (chemo/radiation) and still not survive...yet the medical providers made huge profits.
THEY STILL GET PAID, EVEN WHEN THE PATIENT DIES! How twisted is that?

blessings...Franco

Old 08-31-2007, 08:08 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,218,539 times
katie45, Much of what you stated is what I have heard....even from Dr.s who are my friends and honest with me. It is very sad and scary that $$ means more then a life. Just step back and look at the situation...a cure for cancer---all those researchers, Dr.s, hospitals, manufactures of medical equipment used for cancer therapy no longer needed?? Yeah right...and they're going to let that happen. How many years and how much $$ has gone into cancer research...tons. Yes, more lives are saved today then ever before and that is wonderful. But how many more lives could be saved if it wern't so much about the $$????? Just my personal opinion. I also believe there are evil persons out there that believe the all mighty dollar is the most important thing. And of course there are many who are unaware of what may be happening and just doing their jobs. But you would have to question this issue!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer