Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2012, 11:54 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times

Advertisements

MOBILE phones CAN cause brain tumours, according to a landmark court ruling.
Italian businessman Innocente Marcolini, 60, fell ill after using a handset at work for up to six hours every day for 12 years.

Now Italy’s Supreme Court in Rome has blamed his phone. Experts have predicted a flood of legal actions from victims.

Read more: Mobiles can give you a tumour, court rules | The Sun |News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 11:40 AM

178 posts, read 355,458 times
there are controversial analysis and researches regarding this issue. british scientists have contradicted this fact but some oncologists have said that it is possible, as because mobile phones and cordless phones emit radiofrequency energy a form of non-ionized electromagnetic waves which are absorbed by the tissues and they got damaged.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
This has been discussed over and over. There doesn't seem to be any concrete evidence either way. It is like the debate over standing in front of the microwave. My guess and I certainly don't know anything scientific is we all need to watch our exposure to radiation or anything like that, but panicing isn't the answer.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:50 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This has been discussed over and over. There doesn't seem to be any concrete evidence either way. It is like the debate over standing in front of the microwave. My guess and I certainly don't know anything scientific is we all need to watch our exposure to radiation or anything like that, but panicing isn't the answer.
The person leaving this information has been hopping through the cancer and other health threads bringing up old posts and adding a sentence or two of very obvious information. His profile says he's from New York, using a zip code from Florida, and has a website from the Phillipines. Maybe he's just trying to be helpful?

Old 02-13-2013, 04:30 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
The person leaving this information has been hopping through the cancer and other health threads bringing up old posts and adding a sentence or two of very obvious information. His profile says he's from New York, using a zip code from Florida, and has a website from the Phillipines. Maybe he's just trying to be helpful?
Occupation the other was in internet marketeer... As in spammer or getting ready to pitch something. At any rate, it brings nothing to the discussion and is clearly nothing of substance.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:36 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Occupation the other was in internet marketeer... As in spammer or getting ready to pitch something. At any rate, it brings nothing to the discussion and is clearly nothing of substance.
Well, I did check out the website. One of those junk-nutritional-supplement suppliers. But to his credit, he has not spammed. And giving the benefit of the doubt, it is possible that he's trying to be helpful and just doesn't know exactly how to do it. You never know. In the long term, we all might be pleasantly surprised.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:49 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Well, I did check out the website. One of those junk-nutritional-supplement suppliers. But to his credit, he has not spammed. And giving the benefit of the doubt, it is possible that he's trying to be helpful and just doesn't know exactly how to do it. You never know. In the long term, we all might be pleasantly surprised.
I didn't look to see if they had a website. I am guessing you put the website you're promoting in your profile, you make these stupid oneliner posts to draw attention to yourself, they click the profile with hopes of getting someone to clink the link.

Daniel Pearl was a journalist who was kidnapped and killed by Al-Qaida terrorist in Pakistan in 2002.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I didn't look to see if they had a website. I am guessing you put the website you're promoting in your profile, you make these stupid oneliner posts to draw attention to yourself, they click the profile with hopes of getting someone to clink the link.

Daniel Pearl was a journalist who was kidnapped and killed by Al-Qaida terrorist in Pakistan in 2002.
I hadn't put his name together with Daniel Pearl, that is interesting. I don't know if he has an agenda to push, but let's see if he comes back in the next day or so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer