U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-04-2013, 07:51 PM
 
Location: NH
820 posts, read 849,043 times
Reputation: 1028

Advertisements

Anyone else see any link between the increasing use, particularly long term, of antidepressants and the increasing cases of breast cancer in women? I do.Of course the drug companies don't wan't you to know but there are many research studies that show a big link.So all of the campaigns to start finding cures should start with the obvious,trying to get women off these toxic drugs that poison people.
They also lobotimize women's emotions making them have a fake sense of happiness which doesn't do anything but make them ambivalent to genuine emotion over the long term.

 
Old 03-05-2013, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Mostly in my head
19,866 posts, read 58,569,189 times
Reputation: 19202
So where are the links to this "research?"
 
Old 03-05-2013, 02:58 PM
 
Location: SW Kansas
1,787 posts, read 3,508,189 times
Reputation: 1411
I was never on any anti depressants, nor did I take even so much as aspirin unless I was truly desperate. I have stage IV breast cancer. Not sure I buy your theory.
 
Old 03-05-2013, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Missouri
6,046 posts, read 22,184,727 times
Reputation: 5085
Does anyone else see the link between idiots, and ignorant posts? The more idiotic a person is, the more ignorant the posts seem to be. And the problem is only getting worse.

 
Old 03-05-2013, 07:26 PM
 
Location: NH
820 posts, read 849,043 times
Reputation: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Does anyone else see the link between idiots, and ignorant posts? The more idiotic a person is, the more ignorant the posts seem to be. And the problem is only getting worse.
Nothing "ignorant" about this in fact I have noticed if anything people on antidepressants are more "ignorant".Antidepressants may make people feel better about themselves but they sure don't make people smarter.I didn't say everyone who has breast cancer is on them but their is certainly a trend as a lot of them seem to be overweight and not take care of themselves so maybe that is part of the connection.It takes actually clear thinking and intelligence to answer this, not for everyone and your cat has more brains than you.You claim to be a "Christian" in your profile yet so quick to judge.That is pure ignorance,hypocrisy and a bad example.Ashamed of something?
You women on pharmaceuticals are something else. Afraid to confront your problems and real truth?
 
Old 03-05-2013, 07:33 PM
 
Location: NH
820 posts, read 849,043 times
Reputation: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
So where are the links to this "research?"
Do a search online there is plenty of info regarding this.If you are one of those people who trusts big pharm to take care of you and put your faith in the health care system don't bother.
 
Old 03-05-2013, 07:34 PM
 
Location: So Ca
18,442 posts, read 16,961,855 times
Reputation: 16093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
I didn't say everyone who has breast cancer is on them but their is certainly a trend...
All we're saying is that if you believe this to be true, can you post some links to the studies?

Every woman I know who has had breast cancer--including my 85 year old mom--has never taken antidepressants. I've never heard of any type of link between antidepressants and breast cancer, and our family's done a lot of research on this type of cancer since our mother was diagnosed four years ago.
 
Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 PM
 
26,345 posts, read 33,425,114 times
Reputation: 23690
If you want to play bring your evidence. You can't just say there is lots of research or other nonsensical statements without any evidence. Until such time that you do bring something of substance then we'll talk.
 
Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 PM
 
Location: NH
820 posts, read 849,043 times
Reputation: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
If you want to play bring your evidence. You can't just say there is lots of research or other nonsensical statements without any evidence. Until such time that you do bring something of substance then we'll talk.
What is there to play with? i am merely inquiring about the link between these drugs and cancer.Why so defensive? Don't like to have objective conversations?Here are some links for you search engine challenged people.Again,the multi billion dollar pharmaceutical have a lot of pull in politics as well as the FDA so you can believe what you wan't but when cancer rates start really going up in 5-10 years don't say i didn't try to warn you.

Antidepressants increase risk of breast and ovarian cancer | Migralex - Headache Relief Remedies

Some Antidepressants Interfere with Breast Cancer Treatment - Harvard Health Publications

Breast-Cancer Link to Paxil Drug Category Found in Antidepressant Research - Bloomberg

Antidepressant Medication Use and Breast Cancer Risk

PLOS ONE: Antidepressants and Breast and Ovarian Cancer Risk: A Review of the Literature and Researchers' Financial Associations with Industry

http://213.4.18.135:48080/115.pdf

http://psychiatry.jwatch.org/cgi/con...ull/2011/502/2


Now you good ole girls look this info over carefully, it's just the tip of the iceburg so to speak but should get you thinking.Remember, the "truth is in the gray area' and i am not talking about fifty shades of gray.
 
Old 03-05-2013, 08:58 PM
 
Location: NH
820 posts, read 849,043 times
Reputation: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
If you want to play bring your evidence. You can't just say there is lots of research or other nonsensical statements without any evidence. Until such time that you do bring something of substance then we'll talk.
Well you have a point, there is actually not enough research because the drug companies like big profits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top