Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 04:46 PM

194 posts, read 252,345 times

Advertisements

After using hemp oil, he says, his headaches went away, the ringing in his ears got tolerable, he slept better, and his arthritis disappeared. "Within a few months," he says, "people saw the difference. The oil controlled the pain, my blood pressure, and it allowed me to sleep. I lost weight and looked 20 years younger.”* Some readers may find it interesting that the man who claims hemp oil cures cancer developed skin cancer after using hemp oil for several years. Anyway, in 2003 Simpson had one facial spot removed and biopsied. Before he got the results of the biopsy, he self-diagnosed himself as having an infection where the spot had been removed. He applied cannabis oil to two other spots that hadn't been surgically removed and a few days later, he says, they were gone. He put the oil on his self-diagnosed infection and it too disappeared. He self-diagnosed that the cancer came back and again he applied cannabis and again he concluded that cannabis had cured his cancer. The biopsy had confirmed, he says, that the removed spot was basal cell skin cancer. The other two spots weren't tested before they disappeared. Simpson seems to have concluded that since the spot removed was skin cancer, the other two spots were also cancerous.

His doctor, of course, rejected Simpson's belief that he had cured his own cancer with hemp oil. Simpson couldn't understand why the doctor didn't believe him. He had this personal experience that proved what he claimed, didn't he? Why wouldn't the doctor admit that removing the skin cancer wasn't what cured him, that it was the rubbing on of hemp oil that cured him? Furthermore, after he used his hemp oil to cure many people of many different ailments, including his mother's psoriasis, he could not understand why neither the medical experts nor those in law enforcement didn't get it. He had his own personal experience with the cure and he now had the testimonials from many others to back him up. He had cured cancers, diabetes, arthritis, glaucoma, and other diseases. What more did these people want by way of proof?

Taken from here Rick Simpson - Marijuana Cancer Cure - The Skeptic's Dictionary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Link to these studies? Statistical samples? Validity?
Its pointless asking as all you will get are countless pre-clinical studies

Old 02-03-2015, 06:04 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,846 times
Smoking cannabis regularly only reduces the chances of getting cancer by 10%-25%. That is from 2006 Donald Tashkin UCLA "marijuana" study. Paid for by taxpayers & on govt website. It would be even less effective for treating an already existing cancer. Some hemp oil does not claim any cannabidiol, some is 1%. I got 1 that claims in heading 35% CBD oil. But it admits 7% at room temperature is the minimum % should go up at body temps & hold under tongue 1/2-1minute helps absorption. But absorption will vary greatly with individuals. So the 35% is just a theoretical maximum. It's $55 for 2oz.

Since taking it, I decreased my alcohol consumption by 1/3 & decreased my pills by 1/3.

3 years without cannabis could have weakened his immune system. How many prescription pills do you know where it says it is OK to skip a daily dose for 3 years?

Cannabis has been used since Genesis by over 1 billion people. If it didn't do anything good, people would have given up on it centuries ago.

The Cheech & Chong movies were not intended as medical advice & it is sad that you seemed to tune out valid medical info after that.

If someone says 25% of cannabis users die from cancer, it sounds bad. But if you add 30% of those who don't use it die from cancer, people think, oh now I get it, reduces cancer death risk by 15%+. That's only for smoking. Now, the maximum cancer fighter is clearly swallowing or vaping MJ oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Hemp and marijuana both contain cannabinoids. Hemp has a very low THC content. Tommy Chong never would have developed prostate cancer in the first place if the cannabinoids were a cure or even a treatment for cancer. In fact, anyone who ingested marijuana or smoked it on a regular basis would never have developed cancer, if the chemicals in the product were a cure or treatment for cancer.

It's just more Cheech and Chong absurdism comedy.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:33 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Hemp has been used for centuries as a medicinal product. It was the US government that outlawed it to begin with. I wouldn't trust them for anything. Those with any power in government are networked with pharmaceutical companies, medical companies, paper producing companies etc. So yeah...the last thing we need to do is give the government any more opportunity to control what should be rightfully ours to use as we see fit.
So has cocaine.it stops bleed in nose and used for pain. Doesn't mean like any drug; its is good for you normally.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:56 PM

Rick Simpson gave away his $1.3 million life savings to help save the lives of 5,000 people who were told by their doctor that they would die & nothing could be done. Rick Simpson has probably never met Dr. Oz & there is no reason to think they are alike. Has Dr. Oz spent his entire life savings, saving lives for free?
Are people who had their lives saved for free really suckers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
I agree.

( and I see Dr Oz proclaiming that there is a pill that............"really burns fat ")

PT Barnum says there is a sucker born every minute.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:10 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,798,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDoeUK View Post
After using hemp oil, he says, his headaches went away, the ringing in his ears got tolerable, he slept better, and his arthritis disappeared. "Within a few months," he says, "people saw the difference. The oil controlled the pain, my blood pressure, and it allowed me to sleep. I lost weight and looked 20 years younger.”* Some readers may find it interesting that the man who claims hemp oil cures cancer developed skin cancer after using hemp oil for several years. Anyway, in 2003 Simpson had one facial spot removed and biopsied. Before he got the results of the biopsy, he self-diagnosed himself as having an infection where the spot had been removed. He applied cannabis oil to two other spots that hadn't been surgically removed and a few days later, he says, they were gone. He put the oil on his self-diagnosed infection and it too disappeared. He self-diagnosed that the cancer came back and again he applied cannabis and again he concluded that cannabis had cured his cancer. The biopsy had confirmed, he says, that the removed spot was basal cell skin cancer. The other two spots weren't tested before they disappeared. Simpson seems to have concluded that since the spot removed was skin cancer, the other two spots were also cancerous.

His doctor, of course, rejected Simpson's belief that he had cured his own cancer with hemp oil. Simpson couldn't understand why the doctor didn't believe him. He had this personal experience that proved what he claimed, didn't he? Why wouldn't the doctor admit that removing the skin cancer wasn't what cured him, that it was the rubbing on of hemp oil that cured him? Furthermore, after he used his hemp oil to cure many people of many different ailments, including his mother's psoriasis, he could not understand why neither the medical experts nor those in law enforcement didn't get it. He had his own personal experience with the cure and he now had the testimonials from many others to back him up. He had cured cancers, diabetes, arthritis, glaucoma, and other diseases. What more did these people want by way of proof?

Taken from here Rick Simpson - Marijuana Cancer Cure - The Skeptic's Dictionary
Rick Simpson meant well. But he knows nothing about science, and furthermore, nothing about medicine. He diagnoses himself and isn't qualified or educated in medicine. Then he treats himself for something he didn't actually have, and when the thing he didn't have, doesn't kill him - he insists it's his treatment that cured him of the thing he never had.

That's not science. Or medicine. It isn't even bad advertising. It's just garden variety ignorance and wishful thinking. And possibly a bit of hypochondria mixed in with a heaping teaspoon of meglomania.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Smoking cannabis regularly only reduces the chances of getting cancer by 10%-25%. That is from 2006 Donald Tashkin UCLA "marijuana" study. Paid for by taxpayers & on govt website. It would be even less effective for treating an already existing cancer. Some hemp oil does not claim any cannabidiol, some is 1%. I got 1 that claims in heading 35% CBD oil. But it admits 7% at room temperature is the minimum % should go up at body temps & hold under tongue 1/2-1minute helps absorption. But absorption will vary greatly with individuals. So the 35% is just a theoretical maximum. It's $55 for 2oz.

Since taking it, I decreased my alcohol consumption by 1/3 & decreased my pills by 1/3.

3 years without cannabis could have weakened his immune system. How many prescription pills do you know where it says it is OK to skip a daily dose for 3 years?

Cannabis has been used since Genesis by over 1 billion people. If it didn't do anything good, people would have given up on it centuries ago.

The Cheech & Chong movies were not intended as medical advice & it is sad that you seemed to tune out valid medical info after that.

If someone says 25% of cannabis users die from cancer, it sounds bad. But if you add 30% of those who don't use it die from cancer, people think, oh now I get it, reduces cancer death risk by 15%+. That's only for smoking. Now, the maximum cancer fighter is clearly swallowing or vaping MJ oil.

I did a search for 2006 Donald Tashkin UCLA "marijuana" study and found just these Study Finds No Link Between Marijuana Use And Lung Cancer -- ScienceDaily Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection They state there is no link between Marijuana use and lung cancer. People who smoke marijuana, even heavy, long-term marijuana users do not appear to be at increased risk for developing lung cancer. So I don't know where you got the ''smoking cannabis regularly only reduces the chances of getting cancer by 10%-25%''?. You also state ''3 years without cannabis could have weakened his immune system'', how could it?

Old 02-03-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Rick Simpson meant well. But he knows nothing about science, and furthermore, nothing about medicine. He diagnoses himself and isn't qualified or educated in medicine. Then he treats himself for something he didn't actually have, and when the thing he didn't have, doesn't kill him - he insists it's his treatment that cured him of the thing he never had.

That's not science. Or medicine. It isn't even bad advertising. It's just garden variety ignorance and wishful thinking. And possibly a bit of hypochondria mixed in with a heaping teaspoon of meglomania.
Yes, I absolutely agree with you

Old 02-03-2015, 07:20 PM

Some trials are underway https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/resul...ncer&recr=Open https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/resul...ncer&recr=Open https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/resul...ncer&recr=Open There are better things being looked into now like immunotherapies

Old 02-03-2015, 07:24 PM

Cocaine is a stimulant that if overused can cause a fatal heart attack, even in young people thought to be healthy. There is no such thing as a fatal overdose of cannabis, which has at least 249 medical uses proven in actual studies. Cannabis is non-toxic (not a poison) & I've heard of 2 people with pacemakers who have used cannabis with no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
So has cocaine.it stops bleed in nose and used for pain. Doesn't mean like any drug; its is good for you normally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer