Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2015, 08:07 AM

8,676 posts, read 22,946,677 times

Advertisements

No matter how many times....how experienced you are with the process, the fear is the worst. Biopsy # six of breast (over 20 years) and # 2 of uterus underway, never a positive result.

God Bless those going through this awful anxiety. I recently got hit with a double whammy requiring me to have an endometrial biopsy on Tuesday, followed by a breast biopsy yesterday. Two within 24 hours. Being paralyzed between fear and tears is only half of it. Every aspect of your life continually races through the mind. I keep telling myself there is a lesson here, the lesson of gratitude we so often forget. And, with tomorrow being a Federal Holiday, I've been told my suspended animation will continue until Monday. Lol, and keeping busy isn't easy when almost everything requiring activity is restricted for 72 hours.

Feeling sick did not prompt either biopsy. In fact, I've never felt better and that makes it hard to comprehend I could be sick........and that prompts me to the question how many people get the dreaded dx without one symptom? Breast cancer, it makes sense for minimal symptoms, but what about other types of cancer? Common?

After my wish for a cure, my wish would be for quicker results for outpatient biopsies. I will start having symptoms of a twisted stomach soon. I guess that's what they call the fear that slices through the very core or your body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 08:17 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,265,212 times
SmartMoney, I pray you have good news from your tests! Waiting is so hard, but try and enjoy friends and family over the holiday.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:35 PM

15,877 posts, read 21,477,351 times
I moved my followup care to a completely different hospital because you do your bloodwork, scan, AND scan follow-up appointment with your oncologist the same day. Scanxiety (or biopsyxiety) is a beast that no one can really understand unless you've been there.

Wishing you good results! I have my 4 year scan in 3 weeks and am already creating all kinds of psychosymptomatic issues. My cancer was lymphoma and the symptoms tend to be things that are 99.9% benign - itchy skin, back/shoulder/neck pain, coughing. In fact, most of the signs of lymphoma are also symptoms of my anxiety or allergies. I will feel every little thing 10 fold until my scan, and I can't even begin to plan my post-scan life. No vacations planned, interviewing for a job that would relocate me cross country but afraid I will get the offer before the scan and have to "out" myself, and just struggling to envision my life after the scan. This happens every year right leading up to scans.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:52 PM

8,676 posts, read 22,946,677 times
Just got a Sunday call. Of course, when the caller ID came up who it was, the lump in the throat was suddenly there. NEGATIVE!!!!! (for uterine).

I think right behind a cure, results have a need for speed. I can only begin to understand what some have had to go thru year after year, looking to find out if they've reminds clear. I can see why it is its own club, a club you hope you never have to join. But it's that club that has 100% unconditional understanding. But I also know each and everyone in the club would gladly turn in their secret decoder rings to not be eligible for membership.

One down, one to go. Don't pull out that ring for me just yet!

Old 07-06-2015, 08:15 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,265,212 times
I am glad you received some good news.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:50 PM

26,773 posts, read 26,897,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Just got a Sunday call. Of course, when the caller ID came up who it was, the lump in the throat was suddenly there. NEGATIVE!!!!! (for uterine).
Great to hear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer