Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 06:40 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,997 times

Advertisements

I haven't had any for 5 years & may die as a result, so you'd celebrate my death? The things I say can be verified, just avoid sites that are .gov/, "American" or "National" in their names & you might find truth.

Have you ever heard of multiple sclerosis? Do you know what it is like & how serious it is? It can cause blindness, inability to walk, inability to talk, & sufferers of it likely spend the last several years of their life in wheelchair & bed, want it? Doctors & pill companies have no solution, does that make you happy?

medicalmarijuanadoctors.org/ has the complete latest edition of Granny Storm Crow's list, the largest list I know of for studies, even including the 94% of studies where they got paid to lie. The list of study titles & their URLs is about 800 pages. Takes 2 hours to download from this computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

We...get...the...picture: You gotta have your weed.

Yeesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 07:18 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,051,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothereIN View Post
I recall smoking was allowed in waiting rooms of doctors and hospitals.
The lies told.
Older boomers today grew up with this commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMzjJjuxQI

Old 09-07-2015, 07:18 PM

A study by US govt released Feb 2015 said cannabis has not increased fatal crashes. Cannabis does not shut down parts of the brain, unlike alcohol. Cannabis users are likely running on more than 4 cylinders, if you can explain how our brains are not like car motors given oil &. gas. Cannabis has a plateau effect like hops in beer, effect maxes out in non-fatal substances. Max pot effect equals .04% B.A.C. at most.

"Habit" doesn't mean premature death is guaranteed or even probable. There's a difference between an addictive substance & a fatal substance, addiction is not always even a chance of fatality.

Cannabis can help a person quit tobacco & reduce or eliminate alcohol use. So it is a simple solution if only our govt would let cannabis compete equally with alcohol & tobacco. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I don't think switching to cannabis from nicotine is exactly the solution. At least cigarette smokers are usually running on all four cylinders.

Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled « CBS Seattle

The ideal stance for optimal health is avoidance of habit-forming substances. Even though the public wasn't being told the truth about tobacco fifty years ago I think users intuited that it was addictive. The problem is that it is one of the most difficult addictions to address.

There's no simple solution. Look at the havoc legal drugs and alcohol wreak in people's lives and nearly everyone knows that those substances are risky to indulge in. Knowing and being wise are two different things.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:24 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Regular cannabis smokers use vaporizing technology, which do NOT produce smoke.
Can't get more regular than my late husband and he did not use a vaporizer.

Maybe you meant "most of my friends!"

Old 09-08-2015, 09:16 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
A study by US govt released Feb 2015 said cannabis has not increased fatal crashes.

"The things I say can be verified, just avoid sites that are .gov/, "American" or "National" in their names & you might find truth."
Which one of these two statements of yours is accurate?

And are you convinced that all four cylinders are working?

Old 09-08-2015, 10:48 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,567,829 times
I turned 40 last month, and I've just started smoking. Don't ask me why because I don't know, other than just lingering issues with depression.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:33 PM

I was being lazy in checking if the no increase in fatal crashes was done BY or FOR US govt. Also, the study could have been by someone who does all kinds of crash studies, & may have been exception to the rule of MJ studies having to be approved by FDA pill lobbyists. Our govt has about 50 depts that say we can do something relating to drugs when they hear money is available. They already have a salary but could make more. Still, most cannabis studies are done by people approved by FDA pill lobby & then results are posted on various govt websites: NIH, NIDA, DEA, etc. Some researchers need money, so lie.

Not every statement in a govt/FDA-approved cannabis study is a lie. But they must say 1 thing that leaves doubts about safety. If it was really about our health & longevity, why wouldn't they make illegal alcohol (88,000 dead in US per year), pills (265,000 dead per year in US, used as directed), tobacco (kills about 300,000+), & 85,000 toxins approved for our air, soil, water, & food (food kills 500,000+ a year). Cannabis may not have killed anyone of 1 billion+ that have used since Genesis, has hundreds of proven medical uses, so why worry? Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Which one of these two statements of yours is accurate?

And are you convinced that all four cylinders are working?

Old 09-08-2015, 06:40 PM

Not sure if you mean started smoking cannabis or started smoking tobacco, but either might work. Cannabis is safer, except for harsh laws still in some places. In a poll of cannabis users who say they use it for medical reasons, 26% say they are using it to treat depression. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
I turned 40 last month, and I've just started smoking. Don't ask me why because I don't know, other than just lingering issues with depression.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:50 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,903,092 times
It amazes me that more than a few smokers are left. For 50 years we knew the risks. Yet people took up the habit anyway.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:58 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,383,751 times
Just as long as we don't lose the weedheads... I don't know how we could go on without all of their extensive medical knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer