Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:13 PM

5,161 posts, read 11,406,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Sorry didnt mean to make you sad. Im okay. No regrets. Just feeling a little sorry for myself for a second there. Its been just me and Mom for a while now. And now its just me. Ive been persona non grata since the Huz went to jail. But hey. If I need to talk I just go on line. Even if its 3am theres always somebody there.

Ive looked a cat or two but I keep comparing them to Mr Mouskiewitz. No time right now anyway. Maybe after I get things settled.
Oh, don't worry about me... I am glad YOU are ok and I am glad your Mom didn't suffer long. I love the name of your kitty, "Mr. Mouskiewitz"
I hope you will be able to sell the house quickly! That would certainly be one less worry for you. Hang in there!
Hugs
Katz

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-26-2008, 09:50 PM

18,936 posts, read 43,305,781 times
Quote:
I sorry your Grandma is having trouble with her Outlaw. Mine used to bother me but I am so over them now. If she doesnt want to give him the truck then she shouldnt. He wont be back either way. She should sell it and save the money back just in case. You never know what bills may pop up.
That's what I told her. If he keeps nagging her about it she might just get mad enough to keep it.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:37 AM

23,814 posts, read 33,304,662 times
Quote:
Mom is gone. She went downhill fast but she didnt suffer. Lots of Morphine. She didnt even know I was there these last few days. But thats okay. I know.
I'm sorry.
Glad to read she didn't suffer. When this all catches up to you, and it may take 2+ months, the fact that she didn't suffer will make you feel better.

Quote:
The funeral was very small. Just a couple cousins. The Outlaws didnt even send flowers. Lots of flowers tho. All my clients sent flowers. I called a couple to cancel and they blabbed.
I went nuts with flowers for my dad and it was only for a night as he was cremated the next day. I brought them all home, made smaller arrangements from some and dried them.

Quote:
Thanks for the sentiments but Im okay. I cant relax yet tho. No rest for the wicked. I have to get her house cleaned out. Fixed up and sold. Now. I own the house she lived in. She paid half the mortgage payment and the utlities. I paid the rest. But I cant afford to pay it all plus my stuff. Good thing I do my own DIY.
The market is horrible. Don't drag your feet getting it listed. Our market has just picked up within the last 2 weeks and will probably last another month.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:40 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,302,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Oh, don't worry about me... I am glad YOU are ok and I am glad your Mom didn't suffer long. I love the name of your kitty, "Mr. Mouskiewitz"
I hope you will be able to sell the house quickly! That would certainly be one less worry for you. Hang in there!
Hugs
Katz
Im okay. No regrets . No unfinished business. If I talk about it too much I cry and that makes people think I not cause Im kinda a tough old bird.

Mouskiewitz is my feline family name. You guys were ere when I lost my last one . Wilifred J Mouskiewitz . Only special cats gets to be a Mouskiewitz tho. For example the wood pile cats are NOT Mouskiewitz's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
That's what I told her. If he keeps nagging her about it she might just get mad enough to keep it.
You know somebody could encourage him to keep asking her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'm sorry.
Glad to read she didn't suffer. When this all catches up to you, and it may take 2+ months, the fact that she didn't suffer will make you feel better.

I think it will catch me after I sell the house. Fixing it up will take up all the time I used to spend doing stuff at her house. Then what will I do with myself.

I went nuts with flowers for my dad and it was only for a night as he was cremated the next day. I brought them all home, made smaller arrangements from some and dried them.

I didnt bring any home. After the funeral my cousins and I put some on my other relatives graves. Then I sent the rest back to the funeral home. The people in the next room only had two extremely small baskets. Hopefully the flowers made them feel a tiny bit better. Its bad enough to lose somebody but then to not have any flowers. Besides Mom didnt need them anymore.

The market is horrible. Don't drag your feet getting it listed. Our market has just picked up within the last 2 weeks and will probably last another month.
I know the market is bad but its gonna take me a minute. While she was in the nursing home the roof went phooie and leaked over everything. The furnace got jealous cause the roof was getting all the attention and quit on a Friday. The furnace guy couldnt fix it till Monday. The plumbing was so happy to be warm again on Monday that it burst and spread water and joy all over the place. Now I have some drywall to replace and some patching on some ceilings. And other assorted painting and spiffing. Ive been putting it off but Saturday I plan on getting my lazy self over there and getting to work.

If you see an anonymouse cookie its me.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:28 PM

23,814 posts, read 33,304,662 times
Quote:
Im okay. No regrets . No unfinished business. If I talk about it too much I cry and that makes people think I not cause Im kinda a tough old bird.
Even the toughest of us cry. Remember how I said I couldn't vent a lot because of unfinished business? Well yesterday I got paperwork that I had to read and reply to today. Of course some people want the DNA test results but the way I look at it today is that I know who my father is... do they?

Quote:
I know the market is bad but its gonna take me a minute. While she was in the nursing home the roof went phooie and leaked over everything. The furnace got jealous cause the roof was getting all the attention and quit on a Friday. The furnace guy couldnt fix it till Monday. The plumbing was so happy to be warm again on Monday that it burst and spread water and joy all over the place. Now I have some drywall to replace and some patching on some ceilings. And other assorted painting and spiffing. Ive been putting it off but Saturday I plan on getting my lazy self over there and getting to work.

If you see an anonymouse cookie its me.
Do you mind sharing what state you are in?
There's a web site called Realty Times - if you click the link, it will take you to the state, then you go to the town. It tells you what the market is like in your area.

Have you interviewed any agents yet? In the real estate pros section I have a post called agent questions for sellers, be sure to check it out. It's a big help to pick through the questions people suggested and know what to ask. I wrote them at another real estate forum, one of the agents gave me a few key questions, I then looked at posts and figured out the rest. I can also give you tips on finding an agent if you need it. If you are in a state like FL, or another where you get a lot of out of town people, their realtor.com page is very important. You want an agent that pays for enhanced listings.

Another thing to think of, is it worth putting money into and then how much and on what things. So far, our newer roof, AC, water heater, new furnace haven't made a lot of difference from what I can tell. One couple focused on it but so far they haven't put an offer in yet. We've been on the market since Memorial weekend last year as we missed the peak. Had we caught it, we'd be sold right now.

Working at her house will give you something to do, keep busy, take your mind off of what happened.

I appreciate the cookies Can never have enough, especially at times like these!

Old 03-27-2008, 09:30 PM

5,161 posts, read 11,406,337 times
It sounds like when it rains it pours for you. What rotten luck with all the house issues!!!! It sounds like you are really handy though, good thing, otherwise it would cost you a bundle to get this fixed.
Hugs and best wishes!
Katz

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-27-2008, 10:55 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,505,029 times
Quote:
The furnace got jealous cause the roof was getting all the attention and quit on a Friday. The furnace guy couldnt fix it till Monday. The plumbing was so happy to be warm again on Monday that it burst and spread water and joy all over the place.
I love your sense of humor! I'm sure it has seen you through many hard times.

I'm glad your mom didn't suffer for very long. Best of luck to you in repairing everything, and then selling the house. If you get stressed out and ready to scream, just log on to C-D, and we'll help you feel better.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:48 AM

690 posts, read 2,624,527 times
Cecilia, I am so sorry. Truly. There are no other words.

But reading your posts has me grinning and I'm so glad you're doing well....as well as can be expected. I know right now things are crazy and you've got a lot on your plate but I admire your strength and think you're doing awesome.

Hang in there, girl.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:00 AM

920 posts, read 2,806,453 times
Cecilia, I'm so sorry.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:58 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,302,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Even the toughest of us cry. Remember how I said I couldn't vent a lot because of unfinished business? Well yesterday I got paperwork that I had to read and reply to today. Of course some people want the DNA test results but the way I look at it today is that I know who my father is... do they?

Im not up on your business. But I hope everything turns out the way you want it to.

Do you mind sharing what state you are in?
There's a web site called Realty Times - if you click the link, it will take you to the state, then you go to the town. It tells you what the market is like in your area.

Have you interviewed any agents yet? In the real estate pros section I have a post called agent questions for sellers, be sure to check it out. It's a big help to pick through the questions people suggested and know what to ask. I wrote them at another real estate forum, one of the agents gave me a few key questions, I then looked at posts and figured out the rest. I can also give you tips on finding an agent if you need it. If you are in a state like FL, or another where you get a lot of out of town people, their realtor.com page is very important. You want an agent that pays for enhanced listings.

Another thing to think of, is it worth putting money into and then how much and on what things. So far, our newer roof, AC, water heater, new furnace haven't made a lot of difference from what I can tell. One couple focused on it but so far they haven't put an offer in yet. We've been on the market since Memorial weekend last year as we missed the peak. Had we caught it, we'd be sold right now.

Working at her house will give you something to do, keep busy, take your mind off of what happened.

I appreciate the cookies Can never have enough, especially at times like these!
Thanks for all the info. Im surprized your house hasnt sold. It sounds pretty spiffy. My house is very teeny. Ill be lucky to get $50,000. Crawl space. Two bedrooms. Less than 900sf. I dont plan on doing tons of work just fixing the major stuff. Then Ill get an appraisal and see what I can get from the guys that buy houses to rent. If its crazy low Ill contact a few realtors and see what other work I need to do to list it.

Hey, I dont need to be over there workin to find things to do to take my mind off stuff. I got plenty of stuff at my own house. My flower beds are sad. But theyll just have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
It sounds like when it rains it pours for you. What rotten luck with all the house issues!!!! It sounds like you are really handy though, good thing, otherwise it would cost you a bundle to get this fixed.
Hugs and best wishes!
Katz
I can do the rest. But the roof is costing me. I have to laugh . Roofers arent used to dealing with a gal who knows which end of the hammer to hold. Keeps them on their toes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I love your sense of humor! I'm sure it has seen you through many hard times.

I'm glad your mom didn't suffer for very long. Best of luck to you in repairing everything, and then selling the house. If you get stressed out and ready to scream, just log on to C-D, and we'll help you feel better.
I miss Mom but Im comfortabe with the way things turned out. If that makes sense. I was her time. And she went quickly. Ive seen other people linger with cancer and its not pleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJones View Post
Cecilia, I am so sorry. Truly. There are no other words.

But reading your posts has me grinning and I'm so glad you're doing well....as well as can be expected. I know right now things are crazy and you've got a lot on your plate but I admire your strength and think you're doing awesome.

Hang in there, girl.
I tell you some days I feel like Im on Mr Toads wild ride for sure. Good thing Im not one of those fragile little girly girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer