Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2016, 11:21 PM

3,428 posts, read 3,364,363 times

Advertisements

My ex-girlfriend (we're still very good friends) was diagnosed with Stage 1 non-hodgkin's lymphoma. The doctor screened her bone marrow and awaiting results. No radiation necessary (thank God!), but next Thursday she's going for her first round of chemo - I'll be taking her, remaining at the hospital, and returning her home. She was told that she will have to keep away from people for three weeks thereafter; any cough, sneeze or other from another person could affect her. She's cutting her hair, as we all know the effects of chemo.

I'm researching Stage 1; her doctor says 70-80% chance of survival. I'm praying that she beats this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 07:12 AM

26,852 posts, read 27,031,540 times
Lymphoma is a blood cancer, so it's staged differently than a cancer of an organ. And stage I non-Hodgkins is very treatable. Best of luck to both of you; she will definitely beat this.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:24 AM

20 posts, read 27,587 times
The diagnosis of cancer alone is very scary. Sounds like she is very lucky to have a friend like you to be supportive. Hope everything works out for the best.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:41 AM

165 posts, read 175,402 times
It is very scary!

She's lucky to have your support.

Before she cuts her hair she should ask her doctor whether the chemo she's getting will cause hair loss. Many don't.

I'm just a month shy of 5 years past a stage 3 cancer diagnosis. It's not fun but it's not so bad as she probably anticipates. With good doctors and good luck I'm here to tell you it's do-able.

I wish you both the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer