Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2008, 10:56 AM

210 posts, read 671,416 times

Advertisements

What's the goal of your study?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 12:06 PM

487 posts, read 1,363,936 times
I think it would be best if OP moves the thread to a different board, i'm looking to buy a house, i'm all for making it cheaper and everything, but this is a bit over the top...

Old 02-09-2008, 06:24 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,710,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
This may be to further delay the Mall at Oyster Bay development. Then, after they pull out, they'll try to build something else.

Oyster Bay
The OP's info was cut out for TOS reasons, but I had seen it prior to being cut. The OP is no longer on LI, in fact is out in CA. IMHO it is very possible that this person is looking for data specifically to make a cancer cluster map. What interest would a person on the other side of the country have in delaying a mall on LI? I would like to believe that this person has family and friends who have been stricken by cancers in numbers to high to be mere coincidence.

It is possible that during the years in which Cerro was in operation the soil could have been contaminated and plumes spread through the residential areas. Considering how long ago Cerro was operating, it is possible that they might have dumped solvents used in their manufacture process. We've seen this before with other companies on and outside of LI.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:39 AM

6 posts, read 22,350 times
specifically I am looking at the neighborhoods surrounding Cerro Wire & the elementary schools adjacent to that site. Then, Jericho which has a couple of schools with a half mile of Cerro Wire.

Robbins Lane Elementary School
South Grove Elementary School

...you may also want to note that there were at least 3 teachers from Robbins Lane that I new of who developed cancer

Old 02-24-2008, 09:42 AM

4 posts, read 15,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermomLI View Post
specifically I am looking at the neighborhoods surrounding Cerro Wire & the elementary schools adjacent to that site. Then, Jericho which has a couple of schools with a half mile of Cerro Wire.

Robbins Lane Elementary School
South Grove Elementary School
+ Willits & Baylis

...you may also want to note that there were at least 3 teachers from Robbins Lane that I new of who developed cancer
I absolutely do, who & where are they? How to reach retired and/or still working teachers AND nurses in the district. I've heard that most nurses at Robbins Lane developed some form of Cancer.

Syosset High School Class of 65 Reunion Info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer