Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 09:53 PM

510 posts, read 370,762 times

Advertisements

They don't charge anything for the info & those closely involved with the website weren't demanding money from anyone. The founder actually died from blood clots at 84.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatesKat View Post
It appears to be an alternative medicine site selling unproven methods of treatment for cancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 10:03 PM

Wrong! Some of these treatments have been used around the world for decades. Hundreds contributed the info. The U.S. has been making effective cancer treatments illegal since the 1930s. Back then, cancer was rare and had cure rates of around 95%. They weren't selling unless you wanted it together as a book. You could copy anything from the website for free, not a get rich quick scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatesKat View Post
It appears to be an alternative medicine site selling unproven methods of treatment for cancer.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:09 PM

He actually died from blood clots in his legs that caused heart attack, stroke, etc. He may not have had much knowledge about those. He was pretty much focused on cancer, not everything medical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Right, and he used alternative treatments.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:15 PM

Thanks for your info, but could you please tell me where you saw the ad from Rick Simpson selling cannabis oil? I only saw he used his $1.3 million live savings giving free treatments, and a video telling people how to make it. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Henderson died from non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Just saying.

Simpson sells hemp oil, it seems.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/med...t-cure-cancer/

Old 06-06-2017, 10:37 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTJ View Post
He actually died from blood clots in his legs that caused heart attack, stroke, etc. He may not have had much knowledge about those. He was pretty much focused on cancer, not everything medical.
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma killed him. The thrombosis was related to the lymphoma. Enlarged lymph nodes can compress veins and cause clots.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your info, but could you please tell me where you saw the ad from Rick Simpson selling cannabis oil? I only saw he used his $1.3 million live savings giving free treatments, and a video telling people how to make it. Best wishes.
https://www.google.com/search?q=rick...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 06-06-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Wrong! Some of these treatments have been used around the world for decades. Hundreds contributed the info. The U.S. has been making effective cancer treatments illegal since the 1930s. Back then, cancer was rare and had cure rates of around 95%. They weren't selling unless you wanted it together as a book. You could copy anything from the website for free, not a get rich quick scheme.
Enjoy your conspiracy theory, but since plenty of patients with cancer are being cured, the idea that the "U.S. has been making effective cancer treatments illegal" is obviously not true.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:59 AM

268 posts, read 227,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
That is *******s. Cures 90% of stage IV cancers?

Its entirely irresponsible to post such lies.
There's no one to stop them. They probably believe what they post or sell the cures themselves. What bothers me about posts like these is gullible people believe what they read, buy the product or herb and die whereas they may have gained years of life with conventional proven treatments.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:56 PM

26,723 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
I read his bio. He never treated his own lymphoma, though.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:48 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,958,062 times
It all depends on the type of cancer. Some cancers can be treated and the patient can live additional decades. Some aggresive cancers can be terminal within a year or two whether treated or not. Treatment may work for some and kill others. It's a quality of life issue at that point, the odds of additional time vs. the pain of tretment. There are statistics but individual responses to any cancer or medical treatment can vary widely.

I personally have not seen convincing evidence that alternative protocols cure cancer. There are a lot of quacks making false claims, and people who are desperate may try them. Several world famous celebrities (Bob Marley, Farah Fawcett, etc.) tried them and failed. But I don't see anyone on youtube displaying their medical and hospital records to prove any alternative protocol by itself actually cured their cancer. People make videos of a drain cleaner that worked for them, but not something that saved their lives?

I saw a book written by Dr. Carleton Fredricks (a nutrition quack) listed on Amazon where he claimed his protocol cured 30,000 people of cancer. First of all, that's a ridiculous number of cures for one person to have achieved with no one but himself advertising it. But most importantly not one of his "cured" patients or their relatives submitted a positive review of his book, offering any medical evidence of the cure. If an alternative protocol cured my cancer I would post a review and include all of my medical documents to thank the genius that came up with it. I'd make youtube videos showing my proof and offering a testimonial to the man who saved my life. But no one did.

Last edited by bobspez; 06-08-2017 at 03:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer