Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 10:14 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times

Advertisements

Peritoneal mesothelioma, if that is what she has been diagnosed with, responds best to 3 different types of chemptherapy in a rotation & sometimes combined with surgery.

There are four types of mesothelioma based on the location of the tumor; pleural (lungs), peritoneal (abdomen), pericardial (heart), and testicular.

It was considered rare but anyway; they have put a lot of effort into research for treatment.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:15 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,337,447 times
Could be the tumor has shrunk enough to surgically remove it? Not enough information to even speculate on what is going on. The only one that can tell you are your relatives. Every cancer is different. Even colon cancer is different from one person to the next.

You need to actually pick up the phone and call them.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:34 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian75 View Post
Well the post on FB was a picture of her doing her last chemo. If it wasn’t working wouldn’t it just be stopped and you wouldn’t do a last scheduled one and post on FB that the journey was successful and now onto the next journey? That is why we thought it was a success but now I am told she isn’t in remission and many tests are being done to decide what is next.
In my case, I had various scans (PET, CT) taken in February before I started chemotherapy in March, after three rounds of chemo (before my surgery in May) and again one month after my last chemotherapy. Plus weekly blood work.

While I may have thought that my journey was done when I was having my last scheduled chemotherapy (in July) I really did not know for sure until I had additional scans & additional blood work one month later and my cancer team met to discuss all of the test results (in August). Treatments may be completely different for someone else with a different type of cancer.

I believe that sometimes chemo can be very effective and show changes/improvement fairly quickly, sometimes it can show "slow and steady" changes and in some people, it may take many rounds of chemo to be effective so there can be a dramatic positive change near the end of treatment or after the chemo treatment is finished. So, a person may not know until the very end if their chemo was effective or not effective.

If you love this person, contact them, or a closer family member to offer your love and support. They may, or may not choose, to discuss the details of their treatment outside of their immediate family.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:04 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Adrian75, as you have been told several times, call or write her! No one here can tall you anything with the sketchy and non-technical info you have given

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer