Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 01:59 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,777,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread and if already discussed, but do they not have drugs to help with the intense side effects of chemo including nausea? Or does it not work much at all?

I remember a friend telling me long ago that when his brother had cancer, smoking weed helped with his appetite.
There are lots of options. As in most things, response is individual. Not all side effects end up being equally intense for everyone. The side effects are temporary too, but again, what "temporary" means for one person may be different for another. Consider hair loss. For some, they lose just about all their body hair, (eyebrows, eyelashes) not just head hair. Others only lose some, or it thins. My head hair was already growing back before the last infusion. Others are totally without hair for a month or so after chemo ends. Consider nausea; mine lasted a couple of days and my appetite was fine after that. A work colleague getting the same protocol couldn't eat at all for twice that long. I didn't have other intestinal problems, she did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2019, 05:02 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Not necessarily. You could always choose to pay for the medication yourself.
In my case, the cost was prohibitive. Couldn't do it with all the other treatment expenses, so had to settle for a less effective one.

Old 12-17-2019, 10:32 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleasher View Post
Oh no, I don't believe in any of those alternative healing methods. Just because I think chemotherapy is terrible doesn't that lemon juice diets and coffee enemas are the way to go.

There simply isn't any good method to treat cancer coming from traditional medicine. It is what it is.
I think we’ve talked about this before, but I wish you’d at least look into it a little bit, because even though it’s difficult to cure cancer with alternative methods, it’s quite possible to slow it down and I know because I chose the alternative route from a stage III breast cancer dx and I’m still here and still stage III and I’m not even all that dedicated to my diet as I should be. Stopping sugar consumption was a huge help but I still eat bread and other carbs that I should be laying off of. I will say that alt medicine goes way beyond lemon juice and coffee enemas.

Also, be aware that just because you are walking away from chemo, it’s not an automatic death sentence so I wish that people would stop telling you that. So much of this is in the mind and you can learn to control your own thoughts thru meditation. You may consider it new age hooey dooey and it’s true that it may or may not add one minute to your life but it will add value to your life and help your transition, should it come to that. You don’t want to go out of this life angry at this world, which I’m catching a hint of in your posts.

To those who are battling cancer, please be aware that I’m not bragging or saying that I’m right and you all are wrong. I’m doing what felt right for me and trying to give hope to those who may have run out of conventional treatment options or who are way uncomfortable with those that are available to them. You have to do what feels right for you because the placebo and nocebo effects are powerful medicine in themselves.

Old 01-02-2020, 01:36 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleasher View Post
Just wanted to say I am hanging in here. The worst part is getting my family to come to terms with it.
How are you? i have been following this thread for some odd reason and didnt see anything from you for over a month.

Old 02-17-2020, 02:42 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Unleasher, how are you doing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer