Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 11:59 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,943,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Beyond Meat chicken will soon be served at Kentucky Fried Chicken.
I eat plenty of veggies but I also like meat,cant go without meat/
I just finished watching a documentary on Tubi,a young Swiss has been invited by the Masai to be a warrior,he hunts with them,jumped with them,eat with them,THERE ARE NO FAT MASAI !
They do not eat wild animal,they have their own cattle,drink its blood and milk,and gather plants which help them digest .
NO FAT MASAI !!!!!
Pretty much anyone who lives a non-modern lifestyle will not be fat. A few hundred years ago, it was normal to walk 8 miles a day (through the course of the day, not walking as a separate activity from daily life). Now, I think the average American walks half a mile a day. Processed foods with all their nutrients stripped out don't exist for the Masai. Neither does farmed meat. Wild meat is much healthier than farmed meat, and the Masai probably eat it in small quantities.

Old 02-13-2022, 01:28 AM

30,894 posts, read 36,943,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
^ I eat a lot of vegs. Large quantities as a method to keep my calories. However, the diuretics that I take for high BP also constipates. I've decide yesterday to stop lorsartan to see what happens. BP with lorsartan is 150/70. Also take amolidipine.
Constipation is supposed to be a predictor.
Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, green tea, & herbal tea on a regular basis. Avoid processed foods. Keep meat to a minimum. There's a good chance your blood pressure will come down.

You'll likely need to learn some new recipes.

Tons of those online or in cookbooks at the library. Check out Mediterranean plant based recipes. Those usually taste good, but are also healthy.

https://www.eatingwell.com/gallery/2...-diet-recipes/

Old 02-13-2022, 05:08 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,467,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Pretty much anyone who lives a non-modern lifestyle will not be fat. A few hundred years ago, it was normal to walk 8 miles a day (through the course of the day, not walking as a separate activity from daily life). Now, I think the average American walks half a mile a day. Processed foods with all their nutrients stripped out don't exist for the Masai. Neither does farmed meat. Wild meat is much healthier than farmed meat, and the Masai probably eat it in small quantities.
Masai mostly drink the milk from their cows,sometimes mixed with their blood,meat is not that common.
now they farm,so they eat more veggies.
And law said they cant go around killing lions

Old 02-16-2022, 10:01 AM

3 posts, read 1,833 times
I wasn't sure if I should hijack this thread or start a new one, but figured I'd post here since it relates to colon cancer.

I have an MRI coming up on Feb 22 (6 days from now), and the anxiety is killing me. I can't concentrate on anything else, it's completely debilitating and it's literally so intense it hurts.

2 years ago I was diagnosed with stage 1 colon cancer. Surgery successfully removed the cancer and lymph nodes showed no signs of cancer. Since then I've felt great, I've been having routine CT scans, and a couple months ago, in November, the results of the scan showed a liver lesion that had grown from 2mm to 6mm since the previous scan 11 months ago.

My oncologist said he's concerned about it, which obviously sent me into a panic. He actually used the same phrase ("to be honest with you this is concerning to me") prior to my initial colon cancer diagnosis, and I think hearing him saying it again set me off into some crazy PTSD and the type of intense anxiety I've never felt before. He scheduled the MRI for Feb 22 and the closer it gets the more I think about worse case scenarios.

If I'm not mistaken, if the MRI detects that the lesion is cancerous, it's automatically stage 4 metastasis colon cancer. Before the scan in November, I didn't expect anything serious or concerning to show up because I've been feeling fine, no symptoms, run/walk for an hour a couple days a week, and been trying to eat a healthy diet. The only minor ongoing symptom is bloating which I'm hoping to get under control in the next few weeks.

Besides that I've been loving life. Everything with work, relationships, finances, a planned summer vacation, etc, had me loving life more than ever. I want more than anything to have a clear MRI, but my gut is telling me (or lying to me) that I'll receive bad news, which will completely destroy me. I'm sorry for all the dramatic phrasing but writing it out exactly the way I feel is therapeutic. Has anyone here been through a similar experience who could offer any insight? Is it a pretty good chance it's cancerous?

Old 02-23-2022, 06:23 AM

Update, just in case anyone happened to read my last post: Within about 30 min after getting home from the MRI yesterday, I noticed an email that showed I had a message and a test result in myChart. Took a deep breath, opened myChart and right away noticed the words, "Great news". My Dr had already emailed me saying the test results just came in which confirmed that the worriesome liver lesion was a basic benign cyst. Couldn't believe it, instant relief!

Now I'm just focusing on the high and how lucky I got when so many people aren't as fortunate. My heart goes out to everyone who's gotten bad news from an oncologist, I can't even imagine. Wishing they'll all receive great news in the future or find comfort and peace.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:08 AM

2,733 posts, read 1,545,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff03Aug View Post
Update, just in case anyone happened to read my last post: Within about 30 min after getting home from the MRI yesterday, I noticed an email that showed I had a message and a test result in myChart. Took a deep breath, opened myChart and right away noticed the words, "Great news". My Dr had already emailed me saying the test results just came in which confirmed that the worriesome liver lesion was a basic benign cyst. Couldn't believe it, instant relief!

Now I'm just focusing on the high and how lucky I got when so many people aren't as fortunate. My heart goes out to everyone who's gotten bad news from an oncologist, I can't even imagine. Wishing they'll all receive great news in the future or find comfort and peace.
I read your posts. I am very happy for you.

Wishing you good luck and good health in your future.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:48 AM

14,299 posts, read 11,681,163 times
Boy, as a two-time cancer survivor, do I understand the anxiety! Unfortunately it doesn't seem to go away...every exam and every scan brings it on, but consider the alternative. If I hadn't found my first tumor when I did, I would probably be in very bad shape if not dead by now. So the occasional worry is the price I pay for being able to live an otherwise healthy and normal life.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:52 AM

810 posts, read 870,234 times
Quote:

Wonderful to read this and am so happy for you! Truly is Great news and thank you for sharing your experience.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:03 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,949,985 times
Quote:
And I'm mentally kicking myself for not recalling how many organs have benign cysts, when that sort of thing is actually common.

I know that feeling of taking a deep breath and steeling myself for bad news.

Quote:
I'm very pleased for you and your liver. I love a happy ending.

Old 02-24-2022, 04:36 AM

I didn't think anyone would read my posts so it was a surprise to see all these replies. Thanks all for reading and for the comments, made my day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer