Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 07:59 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff03Aug View Post
I didn't think anyone would read my posts so it was a surprise to see all these replies. Thanks all for reading and for the comments, made my day!

Jeff, if you don't mind me asking, where do you go from here? How long do you keep getting the CT scans?

Old 02-27-2022, 08:54 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
IDK. I had a family member with undiagnosed celiac disease. He got colon cancer. The cancer was removed, but it eventually metastasized. So he didn't die of fatal colon cancer, you could say, technically. We know he had undiagnosed celiac disease, because his son eventually was diagnosed with celiac, and he had the same symptoms his dad had his whole life, without knowing they were signs of celiac.

After being diagnosed, the son got tested for other food allergies, too, and now avoids all foods he's allergic to, so he probably won't get colon cancer.

That's just one example, but I don't doubt that there are more people like that out there.
If he died of the metastasized cancer, then he did die of colon cancer, no matter where it went. My late MIL had colon cancer. It was removed surgically, and she had chemo. The next year it showed up in her lung. It was NOT lung cancer, but the colon cancer that had traveled to her lung. They know by the type of cell. She had that radiated. A few months later it showed up in her sternum.

At that point she said, "I worked in hospitals long enough to know how this will go. Stop all treatment, let's talk about pain management and palliative care." Arranged her burial and checked out with practicality and grace, ending life with hospice in her daughter's home. She was only 64 years old.

But the part that's important here is that we found out later from her sister-in-law, with whom she was close, that she had been passing blood for some time before she got checked out. She waited too long. If colon cancer is caught early, it's usually treatable.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer