Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2008, 12:03 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,055,385 times

Advertisements

I saw the Melanoma doctor the other day for the first time. He was a nice doctor - upbeat, positive, funny. He did a full body exam with his hands and luckly didn't find any abnormal bumps. Since I have a deep melanoma they're going to have to do alot of testing on me. Heres what they explained what they'll do....

1. Blood work
2. EKG
3. CT scan
4. PET scan
5. MRI
6. Wide excision arm surgery
7. Lymph node surgery

But since I have no medical insurance I have to get funding first. They sent me to apply for MSI at the hospital and sent my paperwork to case manager. Should get an answer in about a week or so. They were saying all the testing they want to do runs about $50,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 12:18 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,117,719 times
good luck and have faith! I've been wondering about you. Damn our govt for not having insurance available to everyone. You should be getting your treatments started instead of having to deal with all that. But hopefully it won't take long. I mean they HAVE to treat you. They would if you were a friggen foreigner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
I saw the Melanoma doctor the other day for the first time. He was a nice doctor - upbeat, positive, funny. He did a full body exam with his hands and luckly didn't find any abnormal bumps. Since I have a deep melanoma they're going to have to do alot of testing on me. Heres what they explained what they'll do....

1. Blood work
2. EKG
3. CT scan
4. PET scan
5. MRI
6. Wide excision arm surgery
7. Lymph node surgery

But since I have no medical insurance I have to get funding first. They sent me to apply for MSI at the hospital and sent my paperwork to case manager. Should get an answer in about a week or so. They were saying all the testing they want to do runs about $50,000.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:02 PM

5,161 posts, read 11,400,888 times
Best of luck to you and let us know how it goes. I am glad you are happy with the doctor you are seeing! I hope you will/can get all this done asap!!!!
Best wishes

forum rules, please read them

Old 06-12-2008, 05:51 PM

128 posts, read 242,615 times
Best of luck to you....I work for the American Cancer Society..here's some info that might be able to help you with funding....
Cancercare... CancerCare :: Professional Support for People Affected by Cancer.
- they provide financial grants to people who need help paying for treatment, meds, transport, etc. Also, Together Rx Access offers a free discount card to US residents who don't have prescription drug coverage. Welcome To Together Rx Access.
One more..Patient Access Network Foundation. They provide financial support for out-of-pocket med costs. :: Patient Access Network Foundation ::
Also, you can talk with a financial counselor- most hospitals and treatment centers house them, and they can help w/financial & insurance concerns.
Best of luck to you, and let me know if you need any other info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer