Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 05:59 AM

466 posts, read 928,416 times

Advertisements

I heard that apricot seeds cure cancer. I went to buy some at the Vitamin shop and the clerk told me that the Govt. won't allow it to be sold.

Cancer patients are going to Mexico to get the drug that is made with apricot seeds and getting better yet the doctors in the United States refuse to acknowledge the effectiveness of this cure.

Cure for cancer prevent cancer with Amygdalin laetrile vitamin b17 apricot seeds and more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 08:59 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Yeah sure... If it was only that simple. Dear God cancer (a broad term) can be many different types of cells. The notion that this is a government conspiracy... I will get the tinfoil (for the hats) for those who buy into this.

I will however entertain the notion of alternative treatments, or nutritional changes, along with conventional treatments.

Deja moo on this notion that Aprocot seeds being a magic cure.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:47 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,223,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
I heard that apricot seeds cure cancer. I went to buy some at the Vitamin shop and the clerk told me that the Govt. won't allow it to be sold.

Cancer patients are going to Mexico to get the drug that is made with apricot seeds and getting better yet the doctors in the United States refuse to acknowledge the effectiveness of this cure.

Cure for cancer prevent cancer with Amygdalin laetrile vitamin b17 apricot seeds and more
Dear God....give it a rest...

Laetrile???

That ship has sailed son...

Doctors in the US "refuse" to acknowledge the "effectiveness of this cure" for good reason.....it is bogus....it has been proven beyond a shadow of doubt to be absolutely useless.

By the way, the active ingredient in Laetrile...that would be cyanide...

"Laetrile was first used as a cancer treatment in Russia in 1845, and in the United States in the 1920s.
Laetrile has shown little anticancer activity in animal studies and no anticancer activity in human clinical trials. "

Laetrile/Amygdalin - National Cancer Institute

The Rise and Fall of Laetrile

ACS :: Laetrile

Old 09-01-2009, 05:23 AM

466 posts, read 928,416 times
Bluedevilz;

Maybe you don't realize it yet, but you are the LAST person from whom I would take advice.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
Bluedevilz;

Maybe you don't realize it yet, but you are the LAST person from whom I would take advice.
Just-sayin

My response wasn't for your benefit.

It was meant for those who might be too gullible or desperate to realize that laetrile is absolute garbage

Old 09-01-2009, 08:48 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Looks like science has proved its not a good treatment.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl78 View Post
Looks like science has proved its not a good treatment.
It was proven, beyond any shadow of a doubt, to be absolutely useless and dangerous to boot....over 30 years ago!!!

Its amazing to me that this would even be brought up again, but the unscrupulous looking to make a buck off people at their most vulnerable point will always be on the prowl.

Anyone who promotes laetrile for treatment of cancer should be strung up and forced to take the compound themselves....a little of the bitter almond to go around...

Old 09-01-2009, 09:16 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,025,634 times
It does appear that Apricot seeds are not effective for cancer. They do contain arsenic. As much as I champion the free market and supplements, Apricot seeds are the type of product that FDA should prohibit to be sold.

The latest buzz in the supplement industry concerning cancer is about Graviola. However, the research showing promise has only been done in vitro and not in humans. Responsible companies would point that out if they are making any claims related to cancer or tumors (which they aren't supposed to be making anyway.)

I know quite a few people who have tried Graviola as an immune booster when they felt a cold or other illness coming on and seemed to think it helped but that's purely anecdotal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer