Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 05:10 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,729,146 times

Advertisements

Listen to Adjusterjack, he has great advice! Not only that, the impact must have been pretty good to total your car. Plus, it's only been 2 months. What if you need to go to the doctor again for follow up. You want to make sure that's covered. Once you settle, that's it. You also need to make sure they are being fair in what they offer you for your car. It's typically a little more than blue book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 10:12 AM

14,453 posts, read 20,630,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andie1969 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I'm not looking for a legal battle or anything, it's not worth that much.
It's not a legal battle. It's fair resolution due to someone else's negligent driving. Yes the lawyer and adjuster may get into what sounds like a battle but both had "ideas" before they even spoke to each other the first time.

Why do you say it's not worth that much? Do not assume.

Our vehicle was 15 years old. Yours?

The emergency room visit with scans and x-rays and related cost reached over $5,000. Sounds small but not as we found out after working with an attorney and educating ourselves on the process as time went by. And please note our vehicle was totaled but still ran and only needed a new hood, front bumper and headlights, radiator, left front door. Easily repaired for under $400. We did have to buy the car back at the insurance companies salvage value so we ended up with under $975 to restore and rebuild and drive on.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:16 AM

128 posts, read 66,071 times
You can contact with laywer

Old 07-15-2019, 01:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,400 times
Quote:
I am not trying to be a jerk here, but she could have seriously killed me!
How did this turn out? Curious to know. Seriously hope that you DID get a lawyer!

I went through this with an accident in another city that eventually resulted in a loss of work time/income. Here are some things I learned about car accident lawyer that I never knew:

-They often do not charge for initial consultation.

-Settlements usually come well before court.

-Insurance companies--even your own--may not be helpful until you have one.

-The minute someone sees an attorney's name on a letter or email, you get results. All it took was CC'ing my lawyer on something and I had a settlement offer the next day, twice the amount originally offered.

Sadly, I've come to know quite a few attorneys in the last two years. Here are a few that I would recommend, depending on your location:

https://www.burnetti.com/florida/car-accident-lawyers/

https://nettleslawfirm.com/las-vegas...ident-lawyers/

https://mydrted.com/auto-accident-lawyer-charlotte-nc/

https://www.aetonlaw.com/personal-in...ident-lawyers/

https://www.stephenbabcock.com/

https://jnsotolaw.com/

Old 01-30-2022, 08:15 PM

3 posts, read 3,659 times
Hello. I recently got in a small car accident. I don't know who is at fault yet, I have spoke with my adjuster but she did not want to listen to me at all it was very odd because I'm close to my insurance agent, he's my future father-in-law. She gave me a number to call the other party's adjuster and tell them what happen. I really just like a professional opinion before I call the other adjuster.

Here's the how the accident happen -

We were driving on a 5 lane freeway. At the upcoming exit the Number 5 lane got off at the exit with the choose for the number 4 lane to get off or to stay on the freeway. We were in the number 4 lane at very slow speed, mostly stop and go. With the number 5 lane going about 20 mph. The car in front of me had been trying to get into the #5 lane for about 1/2 mile. Finally as we were almost at the exit there was room for her to change lane's. She moves 80% into the #5 lane, traffic goes from probably 15mph to dead stop in the #4 lane. At the last minute she decides not to change lanes, and comes back over to the #4. My right front light is scratched and my hood is messed up, with damage to my right front fender from the pressure. Here left back bumper is scratched.

( Just for irony - about 2 miles before this exit I had to bring #4 lane to a complete stop to let her in because I felt bad that she couldn't get over)

Thanks for any advice you can give,

Old 01-30-2022, 09:41 PM

3 posts, read 3,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by championromantic View Post
Hello. I recently got in a small car accident. I don't know who is at fault yet, I have spoke with my adjuster but she did not want to listen to me at all it was very odd because I'm close to my insurance agent, he's my future father-in-law. She gave me a number to call the other party's adjuster and tell them what happen. I really just like a professional opinion before I call the other adjuster.

Here's the how the accident happen -

We were driving on a 5 lane freeway. At the upcoming exit the Number 5 lane got off at the exit with the choose for the number 4 lane to get off or to stay on the freeway. We were in the number 4 lane at very slow speed, mostly stop and go. With the number 5 lane going about 20 mph. The car in front of me had been trying to get into the #5 lane for about 1/2 mile. Finally as we were almost at the exit there was room for her to change lane's. She moves 80% into the #5 lane, traffic goes from probably 15mph to dead stop in the #4 lane. At the last minute,mhttps://thenunezlawfirm.com, she decides not to change lanes, and comes back over to the #4. My right front light is scratched and my hood is messed up, with damage to my right front fender from the pressure. Here left back bumper is scratched.

( Just for irony - about 2 miles before this exit I had to bring #4 lane to a complete stop to let her in because I felt bad that she couldn't get over)

Thanks for any advice you can give,
no response.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:07 AM

14,453 posts, read 20,630,704 times
Quote:
no response.

There are adjusters and attorneys that will be along soon to help you. One rule I go by with multiple accident experiences is see a doctor to make sure you have no minor injuries that could become worse over time. Speak to an attorney as their initial consultations are free and likely no fee unless they help you. For that be ready to give them 33% of what they might get for you.

Never call the adjuster or the other side. Wait until you hear from them not matter how many weeks, etc. go by. Make them come to you, call you, show interest in your damages and injuries.
-----------

Someone bumped the rear of my car in the drive through at Burger King. I ignored it and here comes a letter from the other's insurance company. They offered to pay all damages and $250 (if I agreed not to see a doctor) for pain and suffering. We accepted their offer.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:43 AM

6,340 posts, read 4,892,353 times
Quote:
Hello. I recently got in a small car accident. I don't know who is at fault yet, I have spoke with my adjuster but she did not want to listen to me at all it was very odd because I'm close to my insurance agent, he's my future father-in-law.
Your relationship with your agent is irrelevant.

What's relevant is whether you have collision coverage or not. If you have collision coverage and want your company to cover the repairs, just say so. Your company has a contractual obligation to you.

If you don't have collision coverage then there is nothing your adjuster can do for you. The claim is on record in case the other driver claims against your poicy.

Do you have collision coverage?

Quote:
She moves 80% into the #5 lane,
Which means 20% of her car was still in your lane when you hit her. That likely puts you at fault since you failed to control your vehicle to avoid hitting the car in front of you.

I know. "But she did yada yada yada." Your statement is biased and self serving unless you have a witness who can testify that she might have done wrong.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:50 AM

6,340 posts, read 4,892,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post

Never call the adjuster or the other side. Wait until you hear from them not matter how many weeks, etc. go by. Make them come to you, call you, show interest in your damages and injuries.
-----------
I totally disagree with that. If you feel that the other driver is at fault you get your claim on record ASAP. The longer you wait the less credibility you have, especially if there is a disagreement as to fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post

Someone bumped the rear of my car in the drive through at Burger King. I ignored it and here comes a letter from the other's insurance company. They offered to pay all damages and $250 (if I agreed not to see a doctor) for pain and suffering. We accepted their offer.
That's because their policyholder was 100% at fault with no doubt and the claim cost them next to nothing for a "bump." You would have gotten the same result if you called right away.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:51 AM

3,247 posts, read 1,739,106 times
There's the old saying "I never realized the extent of my injuries until I was examined by a lawyer."

Seriously though, find a good lawyer who'll take your case at no charge unless you win. The insurance companies are low balling you hoping you'll take pennies on the dollar value of your case. Lawyer up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance