Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2023, 04:56 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,374,764 times

Advertisements

My vehicle was damaged by a USAA policy holder backing out of a parking lot. I brought it to MY shop of choice for repair. USAA argued with the shop to replace the damaged door with a scrap yard door, repair shop informed them that scrap yard door was more expensive than new. Shop also was to replace the Step Rails (pick up truck), being there is a supply shortage, there were none locally, the shop located a set about a 3 hour drive away and the body shop was seeking approval to get the parts being it would be cheaper than shipping......USAA took 4 days to approve travel expense, by that time, the parts were sold and no longer available. The shop did find another set two states away, that dealer would only sell & ship to another dealer, so the shop arranged what was needed to get the parts shipped. Now, my vehicle was done over a week ago, and now USAA will not pay in full because they authorized "Travel" not "Shipping", which was less cost......all this over a $250 supplement while I spend over a week in a rental that is far beyond the $250. Rant over, continue with your day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2023, 05:10 AM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Using scrap parts, or trying to, isn't unusual for something over a couple years old, I ran into that on a couple cars. For the rest I have nothing to say other than insurance companies are sharp penciling everything and have been the last few years.

Old 11-15-2023, 10:49 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
How would your own insurance have handled this?

Old 11-16-2023, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
How would your own insurance have handled this?
Never filed a claim, so cannot answer that question, I would hope much better and smarter than leaving someone in a rental for an extended period costing more than the $$ owed. Body shop has stated they have never had such difficulties with an insurance company.

Old 11-22-2023, 05:50 AM

Finally, USAA paid the bill, and my truck is home. A compliant to the State of Connecticut Insurance Commission got the ball rolling. When I talked to the adjuster and told her I was filing a complaint, and I wanted to talk to her manager Mr. G***** at extension 52*** to also let him know I was filing, she said she would put me thru, and instead, hung up, ending the call......good work Br****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance