Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2014, 07:16 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times

Advertisements

Good morning friends!
I agree TL--the last thing I need or want is gifts--I just want him! And I see the ALS ravaging his body daily---I just think okay we got this and can handle this and something else happens. As I cuddled with him this morning I felt like I was holding skin and bones--cold--and constant twitching. I want so badly to just make it all go away. Isn't that what women/mothers do?? We take care and make our loved ones better. I just can't do that with this. The worst part is I can see the terror in his eyes. I mean we all want to live but his will to live is so strong.....he is such a fighter. He can be a real handful too but I have to respect his strong will. Never give up.....
As we cuddled this morning he was trying to rub my back and I know how badly his hands hurt and how hard it is to use them but he still tried. Then to watch him work on the computer with the ebay--I don't know that I would be able to make myself do it. He tries to get his medication out and his fingers are all curled up--if I try to help he wants to do it as long as he still can. This disease is just ugly and cruel. If I didn't have my faith I'm not sure I could get through this --and I'm not the one that is sick! But we will make the best of each day and enjoy it the best way we can! And TL..you are right, it's the love that I remember!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 08:23 AM

I also wanted to mention my DH's son is going to loan us an older 97 Honda they have that just sits in their garage so we don't have to have my DH trying to get up in the truck and it will help us out with the gas costs. While we are using their car we are going to have our truck detailed and then sell it and hopefully get enough to get a used wheelchair accessible van! Then my DH can start going back to the stores..... Please keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer this will all work out! Thank you in advance!

Old 04-19-2014, 09:24 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I also wanted to mention my DH's son is going to loan us an older 97 Honda they have that just sits in their garage so we don't have to have my DH trying to get up in the truck and it will help us out with the gas costs. While we are using their car we are going to have our truck detailed and then sell it and hopefully get enough to get a used wheelchair accessible van! Then my DH can start going back to the stores..... Please keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer this will all work out! Thank you in advance!
Keeping my fingers crossed and you and DH are always covered in my prayers.....for all contingencies and special intentions.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:32 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
That is an great idea about having the truck detailed I hope you can find a accessible van it makes things so much easier.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:24 AM

Me too Jaxson. That would be a blessing!

Old 04-19-2014, 11:30 AM

Thank you my very dear elston!

Old 04-20-2014, 12:27 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Just want ya to know Im thinking about ya cynwldkat,if I could I would give ya the biggest hug you have ever had and tell ya how much I care

Old 04-20-2014, 05:37 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times

HAPPY EASTER CYN TO YOU AND YOUR DEAR HUSBAND.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:40 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Good morning and Happy Easter!

Old 04-20-2014, 06:33 AM

And a Happy Easter to you, all of my dear friends.
Dude you did just tell me how much you care and I could feel that hug--thank you!
A quiet Easter here..no kids..just us. The people that bought the chipper could not get here yesterday because of the weather so they are suppose to come today. I hope they know how heavy it is and bring some help.
We wanted to go and see the grand daughters but DH just doesn't have the energy plus now those people are coming to pick up that chipper so we will relax here. It is a lovely day so that is something to enjoy!
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter Sunday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving