Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 04:24 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Oh TL--I don't understand why I am so anxious....I haven't seen my friend in 7 years and I love the heck out of her! I'm afraid of her getting bored or being disappointed in me...I don't know why---it's those insecurities in me. I know once she gets here it will all fade away but right now I am a wreck. She should be here soon so hopefully it will be a wonderful visit. I just don't know how to act around a friend I guess.....ha! I'm doing a lot of praying right now!
Ahhh Cyn, it's just your insecurities, and maybe a little cloud that rides around above your head ( I recognize it, because it sometimes rides around above my head too!) that makes you think that something you're looking forward to so much will have something awful intrude and ruin it for you. I don't have any excuse for my feeling that way, but I'd imagine that with everything that is going on with you and DH, and your constant running to keep up with taking care of him, and the house, and the business, it's natural to be a little anxious about things that you think might take away from the joy of your visit with your friend.

You said it, and it will be, those anxieties will disappear once you see your friend, right there in person, and I'd bet, especially if you two were good friends before, it'll be as though those seven years and life's experiences never came between you, and your closeness will resume as though it never had been interrupted. And your friend will understand, more than anyone else can, what's happening with your DH, what you're going through as his caregiver, and what your life is like now, by virtue of her being there, having done that. And that will bring you guys even closer. She'll be a great source of help, insight and empathy for you as well.

Soon, right? ((((Cyn)))))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyMJ View Post
Good Lord woman, she's going to have a great time with you! She's obviously spending money and time to visit and you and she both are going to have lots of fun. Hubby, will probably enjoy having someone else around, so do what you can, and shut the door on the other stuff. That's what my sister's and I call keeping house like Mema - close the door and make people wonder what's in there. in fact I'm having company tonight and I'm closing my bedroom door, cause it's a mess.

ROFL, that's my kind of housekeeping!

Old 06-06-2014, 04:39 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,432 times
I know the purpose of this thread and feel for the OP and was horrified when i had to go to a home with the mother of the owner of the company i work for so she could get some furniture from a woman who is divorcing her husband after 51 years
because he has been diagnosed with ALS..Talk about a cold heart. It's sickening me to even enter the home and deal with
the woman and see her soon to be ex, knowing his fate. It was a horrible experience, and to know that there are cold woman
like that made me sick.
I'm not bashing woman, just the experience itself. It was cruel to say the least. They are in the process of selling the home and getting rid of all furniture and stuff...but knowing the circumstances made my blood boil. Cold as ice. She can go live her life and forget about her husband who is going to die..WTF is wrong with people...

Old 06-06-2014, 08:23 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Happy to have you stop by and we are looking into an ipad for DH. He still has the use of his right hand so maybe that will work. We're praying. Thanks for stopping by and hope you continue to post here!

Good morning my dear friends!
Did not sleep much last night--am excited out my friends arrival today.
I hope he can use the ipad. He'll probably really enjoy that. Once after a serious accident and a couple of times when I was quite ill, I really appreciated TV, radio!, other music... any diversion.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:13 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Good morning Cyn and friends
I hope the visit started well. You deserve being with a friend so much!
Big hugs!

Old 06-07-2014, 09:47 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Is everybody happy, happy, happy today?

Old 06-07-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Is everybody happy, happy, happy today?
On an even keel, anyway? Yep, I'm happy- that's an underlying state of mind for me, anyway, I'm happy to say.

Thinking of Cyn and hoping she's begun a wonderful visit with her friend and all is well.

And I hope all is well with all you great folks who visit this site and show your support and friendship with Cyn, and share your lives and thoughts with everyone here.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:51 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Yep hoping cyn & BFF are happy enjoying each other's company. Won't be long then Amber will be there with the grandbabies too.

Travelassie even keep is good too.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:28 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Hi everyone! Happy Sunday!

I have some clean up to do this morning, the Make A Wish volunteers are meeting with us here this afternoon!

Hoping Cyn is having a good time and some much needed support with her friend.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:33 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Cyn…I hope you are having a nice time with your friend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving