Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2014, 07:17 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,324,343 times

Advertisements

Good morning!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 08:48 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Good morning Sudcaro!
YL getting a house cleaner or someone to just help with cleaning the house a bit is not as available through most of the help we have been offered. I would love some help.....even just someone to work along with me..a motivator I guess you'd call it. I am so overwhelmed with the cats shedding this year and the dust from our dirt road it's an everyday job if I were to actually keep up with it. Then trying to do some kind of business--well it can take over a house if you let it so I am constantly trying to organize things plus sell them....and then of course doing the care giving for my DH is not constant but routine so I must stop what ever I am doing and take care of him which is the most important thing on my to do list! There is just not enough hours n a day and I get tired and very sad that I just can't do what I use to or so it seems. My poor critters are suffering because there is no time left for them except feeding and once in awhile a brushing. That hurts me because they are my calm....my happy...but at least they are cats and cats are pretty independent...it's the dog that misses the attention. But he has his cat and they do enjoy sleeping and eating together. I do try to spend time with him every chance I get...sigh...just not enough....

Old 06-22-2014, 08:56 AM

Well I can give everyone here a laugh anyhow...after I wrote that last post I was thinking--I'll bet I could rip out this old carpet in the den here (I'm sure it's not helping with DH's breathing problems as a carpet just can not ever really get clean) and put down some wood floors myself..you know those simple interlocking kind. So I Google it--well it isn't that easy--in fact it looked pretty hard. And yes, I could do this all in my spare time with all my extra cash--ha! Ah the ADD at it's best! Maybe I'll just spot clean the carpet for now! Anyhow I did have to smile at such a silly idea!

Old 06-23-2014, 04:48 AM

Good morning!

Cyn, at least you took some time to find out if it was do-able .

Have a nice day y'all.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:39 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Spot clean the rugs! My Mom used to say about dirty floors I'll give them a "lick and a promise".

Old 06-23-2014, 06:10 AM

Good morning friends!
Elston, your mom knew how to say things well!

Old 06-23-2014, 06:17 AM

A lick and a promise is how I clean the house these days. Still it's not as bad as it sounds!

Old 06-23-2014, 11:49 AM

The occupational therapist is coming by today--odd--each therapist has their own title depending on what part of the body they work on. It makes sense I guess--just like specialized doctors. Anyhow DH thought she was coming this morning around 9-10am....and I heard that too but she called late afternoon yesterday and somehow I didn't hear the message. But she called this morning and will be here around 3pm--not the best time since that is when we would usually be heading to the post office but I take changes easily--not so much my poor DH. OCD does not like changes. But for today we'll make it work. He is not happy about her coming and has made that pretty obvious by his attitude but I told him this is the one person he does need to see. This therapist will work on his neck, shoulders and back--the areas that are really the worst on him. No matter he is not happy about it so we sit in silence---well we sit in silence anyhow but not with that heavy feeling in the air.....
I hope after he sees her he will feel differently.
Today he wrote me a message on his notebook asking why I leave the room when I talk on the phone to my friends---all 2 of them! I'm not hiding anything from him but sometimes I just like some privacy--I may cry or say something that could upset him so I try to avoid that. Anyhow I guess privacy is a just not something he understands right now so I told him I'd just sit in the den when I am on the phone which is seldom anyhow. Just seems like everyone deserves a little of their privacy time! Oh well, I sure don't need him more worried then he already is.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:08 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,575,062 times
Cyn, hugs to you.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:14 PM

Well the therapist was basically a "bust"! DH told the girl he knew what to do. She did show me some things I can do to help but I already know he's not going to want me doing it. Oh well--I tried. Right now I am not even acknowledging DH--he is on my ship list! I am so upset he would not even give her a chance....am I surprised..no. But I am very upset...I'll calm down in time but right now I am not a happy camper. At least the nurse is still going to stop by unless DH can think of some way to keep her away--no--because I won't let that happen!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving