Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 08:57 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times

Advertisements

poor little twix .... must be about the BURST.....

the radio silence is AWFUL.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 11:28 AM

387 posts, read 2,131,134 times
I'm so worried about sweet Twix. Thinking so many positive thoughts for her!

Old 06-20-2010, 01:07 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times
I've been following this thread and keeping my fingers crossed for poor little Twix...it does sound like an obstruction of some kind to me now that all these things have been given to loosen things up and get things moving with no results. What a terrible time for the router to go out, too...MK, we're all sending our prayers and positive vibes and hoping tomorrow we'll get a post from you saying that Twix is better and the blockage is fixed!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 03:20 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,371,426 times
The Verizon guy is my new hero! We're back up and running.

In the meantime, no poop.

I let her out of my room, she was juts so miserable. She's stopped jumping, won't climb stairs. She took in an awful lot of the whole milk last night, and some vasoline. But when we tried it again this morning, she bite a hole entirely through my finger, you can see where her tooth went through one side, and out the fingernail. It's incredible. Right now I've lost the feeling in that finger, I'll let you know if it starts hurting. But more importantly, she's still hurting.

I'm calling our vet in the morning when I get to work (once they open), to take her in around noon tomorrow for the "manual evacuation of the bowels".
He's going to have to sedate her, to find the blockage and do this. I'm hoping he'll let me stay with her during it. After the struggle she put up this morning with the milk & vasoline, we're not going to attempt to self-medicate her with anything else that might loosen her stool.

All of the other kitties are following her around, and seem very concerned with Twix. And they all watch as she tries to get into the litterbox, struggles, digs around, and leaves again and again. We're keeping watch on all the litterboxes just in case, but the odds don't seem to be in our favor. She's began going into hiding, and we're just going to let her lay low until I take her in tomorrow.

Unless anything miraculously changes between then and now, I'll let you know what happens at the vet.

Thankyou all for your concern.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:07 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,326,213 times
Oh MK!

I'm so sorry to hear about Twix and your finger. I'll be keeping all my fingers crossed for you!

Old 06-20-2010, 06:06 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
I am so sorry MK for Twix. The same thing happened more than once to my DAUGHTER when she was a baby and it was terrible..... I have no idea why, drs didn't know, I just know that she had to have an enema so many times it was terrible.... =o(

Old 06-21-2010, 12:09 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Hoping Twix and MK are doing ok...

Old 06-21-2010, 12:56 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,836,872 times
After Twix is safely to the vet, I really would do a quick doctor's office or critical care clinic run for yourself for anitbiotics. Cats can have a lot of nasty bacteria in their mouths, and I've known people who got hospitalization level bad infections from those kinds of bites because they let them go untreated too long.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:13 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,032 times
I've been reading this thread and I just cannot stay quiet any longer. MLK, in my opinion, this is an EMERGENCY and your TWIX needs to be seen immediately. This situation could very easily get worse. If that obstruction ruptures, your TWIX will not live. Take Twix in TODAY!

It is NOT a good sign that Twix has bitten you and now has gone into hiding!!!! Get her into a vet ASAP!!!!! She is in MEGA PAIN!!!

I know I am coming on strong here, but I need you to HEAR me. My heart is pounding right now, for I know your baby is in major trouble.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:13 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,089,959 times
And make sure your tetanus protection is up-to-date. Good luck tomorrow. That girl needs relief!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats