Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 11:34 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,662,886 times

Advertisements

As per request of Wilson, I am posting pictures of my #15 cat, Whispers. Last December I found this beautiful cat huddled on my doorstep, trying desperately to keep warm. When I was able to catch him, my stomach dropped out from under me and I began to cry. For in the bundle of towels that I caught this cat with, was this tiny, frozen skeleton of a cat. Teeth wise, he was probably about 6 months of age, maybe 9 most. And when I weighed him, he weighed 4.8 pounds.

It's been a long road with this little angel feral cat. It would take too long to sit here and write how I was able to bring this little guy back to health, but it all began with love and chicken broth.

The first 2 pictures are of Whispers on the day of rescue. The next picture is of Whispers inside a box spring mattress, after clawing and biting his way through.....making it his "new" hiding place. This, by the way, is where his eye irritations began, and I am thinking he was exposed to glues that were toxic. I only allowed this to continue until I saw Whispers' eyes, then my husband and I took what was left of the bottom covering, and replaced it with animal screen. Let's see you bite through that! So far, he hasn't.

The next 4 pictures of Whispers were on a night a few weeks ago when he was playing, and then, this morning, I took some of Whispers in his nest, in one of my closets. (of course!) What could be better then being in a closet that smells like Mommy??? LOL

So, enjoy! This is one huge success story that still today I am not sure how it all happened. Only by the Grace of God and angels, was I able to save this baby's life. That and the fact, these cats seriously have 9 lives.

Last edited by Garden of Eden; 05-12-2011 at 08:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 11:51 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
Oh that Whispers is just adorable. Thanks so much for putting them up. He deserves his own photo gallery.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Oh that Whispers is just adorable. Thanks so much for putting them up. He deserves his own photo gallery.
His markings are gorgeous and his eyes just melt my heart. Oh, yes, this little boy sings and his eyes dance with laughter. I have never witnessed anything quite like this. Such happiness.....he is teaching me to lighten up and laugh!

Old 07-06-2010, 12:27 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,814,140 times
Garden, God bless you.

It is a life you saved, with love and chicken broth, and that was a wonderful thing.
Regardless of how many lives he has , this one was saved, and thanks to you. I have saved pets before and the simple thought of it makes my eyes filled with tears.

As for being in the closet, don't worry, all my pets find the best place in the world are my closets, filled with fluffy clothes and smelling familiar to them. To me, it is one more way for them to show us they love us and feel comfortable and loved being around us.

Oh, and also, that "this belongs to mama, so it is mine too." Well, at least in my home that is the way things work.

Again, God bless. Whispers is such a cute guy!!

Old 07-06-2010, 12:45 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
GOE, I really love the way he intertwines his paws and legs when he is curled up.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
GOE, I really love the way he intertwines his paws and legs when he is curled up.
I think he is double jointed. LOL He contorts his body in these positions that leave me with thoughts.....hey, I ought to try that in my yoga poses!

Old 07-06-2010, 12:58 PM

Miaiam, thank you for the lovely words. Yes, I feel through those very words that you know what it takes to save a life. And I thank YOU for walking this path as well!

Oh, yes, Whispers knows he owns me, not the other way around! My one closet he has chosen? No longer mine! LOL

Old 07-06-2010, 01:28 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,053,490 times
Well it looks like Whispers had no problem going from feral to house kitty! He really looks like he's loving it! He's a beauty...the markings kind of remind me of my first cat. Thank you for saving this little guy and giving him a loving home!!

Old 07-06-2010, 01:42 PM

Oh believe me, Whispers has maintained many feral characteristics. His progress that he IS making is amazing, and in fact, is much faster compared to some of my other rescue wild cats.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:55 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
Thank you so much for caring. He's a lovely cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats