Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:41 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,054,865 times

Advertisements

Congrats on finding them homes. Hope Fozzy and Milo enjoy their new homes! I'm with the others on black cats. I had one I had to put to sleep in February, he was 18 1/2 yrs old. He was the man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 12:12 PM

387 posts, read 2,131,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Wow, that was fast! But I'm so glad they've found homes.

My tuxedo cats, Cookie and Checkers, want to tell Tippy Toes that black cats are the best.
Guinness says the same thing! I specifically picked him out at the shelter because he was a black kitty. There were so many black cats there.

I'm happy and sad for you. I know it must be so difficult to let them go. You are so awesome! *hugs*

Old 07-07-2010, 12:19 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times
It can be so hard to let them go...I've fostered fairly regularly for years now, and it still breaks my heart every time! The thing that helps me is remembering that I'm doing something good for them and good for the lucky humans who get to keep them forever.

I can't believe people still have this unwarranted fear of black cats...! I think they're so beautiful...people are strange!

Great job on finding homes for these babies so quickly! Maybe Tippy Toes was meant to stay with you? (Just hoping, LOL!)

Old 07-07-2010, 02:37 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,326,213 times
Black cats are awesome!

I've had three in my life - one at home and we've had an old tom that found us at the shop. Plus the other black kitty we have now.

But sometimes we'll have customers walk in and freak out because they see a black cat. In some cultures a black cat is bad luck. I hope to find the one where a black cat is good luck!

Old 07-09-2010, 04:51 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseystarz View Post
Black cats are awesome!

I've had three in my life - one at home and we've had an old tom that found us at the shop. Plus the other black kitty we have now.

But sometimes we'll have customers walk in and freak out because they see a black cat. In some cultures a black cat is bad luck. I hope to find the one where a black cat is good luck!
I have three now, one a tuxeto but shes mostly black. Furball is... a snot. Always has been. Mom the tuxito one is really very mellow, and the kitten, Little One (almost a year old) is still tiny but for her size very spirited. And she just gravitates to Furball somehow. She's going to possibly always be very small but when she fills our you won't be able to tell them apart at a glance except she had golden eyes and Furball beautiful green ones.

I wasn't able to find homes for my babes, but I didn't intend to for Little One knowing the way some people feel about black cats.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:08 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Congratulations! You've done a great thing. I've fostered many, and there was only one that I was a little sad to see go. I've got one here with me right now (also a black kitty) that I need to find a home for, and he has 2 siblings who are still running around out there, but they don't come in until this one goes out, if they come in at all.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:58 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,861,667 times
I say you should keep tippy too. Black cats are very cool and people who freak out over them are idiots. How many cats do you have of your own?? I can see why you couldn't keep all three, but one probably wouldn't send you over the edge, would it?

Old 07-10-2010, 06:42 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,217,702 times
Congratulations! Hope some of tour luck rubs off on me. Still no homes in sight for the 2 tamed ferals. They are now past the really cute stage and 4 months.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:45 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,577,641 times
I fail fostering 101 every time! I cry like a baby every time I turn one over to a new home. Last time it was a stray in my neighborhood that I fed and loved, I named him Hunter (because he was hunting for a home), he was just the sweetiest boy! I took him to the vet to get snipped and asked the vet if anyone there wanted him and if they did, I would still pay for the snipping. Someone there did want him (they all fell in love with him) and I was allowed to tell him "good Bye" and hug him one last time.... I came out of that room bawling like a baby and cried all the way home. It breaks my heart that I can't keep them ALL!

When Chester lived with me (he now lives with my daughter as he always loved her best), and I fostered and then they left, he would grieve so bad over them being gone. He would sit in the room I kept them in and just cry! He'd walk through the house calling them for days and wouldn't eat. I promised him I wouldn't do that anymore so I stopped bringing them in the house after that.. So we BOTH failed fostering 101..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats