Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 05:43 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,319,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold ethyl View Post
I used to like cats quite a bit, until one day I was attacked by one. Now I just think they are Satan's spawn. I accidentally stepped on this cat's tail as he was sitting by the side of the futon that I was sitting on. He hissed, bit me on the ankle, and then jumped up onto the futon next to me. I bent down, pet his head, said I was so sorry (like he understood me), and then turned around to go about what I was doing. That darn thing waited for me to turn my back, jumped on my back, climbed up to my head where he sat and wrapped his paws around my face and started clawing away. Required stitches and a tetnus shot at the local ER. The cat's owner said the cat had never done anything like that before. In fact, it was sitting on my lap earlier in the day, just as nice as could be. So now I am convinced they are just evil, and I have never turned my back on one since.
OMG How evil am I because the story made me laugh. If you wrote a true story, then I'm sorry. Also, my neighbor is a vet and she said that cat bites can be dangerous because of a bacteria(?) they have in their mouths, so I guess you're lucky to be alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 06:19 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,015,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The only 'misunderstanding' is that y'all think the only reason we don't adore cats is because we
a. have enough experience with them
b. don't understand them like you do
c. have deep, dark personal issues or ego problems
d. haven't met your very, very special cat.

Get this...we don't like cats just because we don't like them. They give us a bad vibe. They don't provide what we are looking for in a pet. We think they look creepy. We're allergic. We're from the planet Zoltar where cats are taboo. Any and all or none of these reasons...but it is NOT because we 'misunderstand' them.

The thread asked an honest question. Honest answers were provided. Defense not necessary. I'm not asking you to defend your love of cats. That's your business.
Bad vibe? Well that could go along with a, b, c, and d.

I think some of the posters on here are just trying to instigate trouble. Stan you've made your feelings known...why keep coming back? There's no need for you to keep defending your dislike of cats just like you suggested to us that there is no need to defend our love for cats. Have your self a nice cat free weekend! And I'll enjoy mine with all my kitties.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:19 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,626,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post

I think some of the posters on here are just trying to instigate trouble. Stan you've made your feelings known...why keep coming back? There's no need for you to keep defending your dislike of cats just like you suggested to us that there is no need to defend our love for cats. Have your self a nice cat free weekend! And I'll enjoy mine with all my kitties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Nonsense! Its exactly like posting a thread titled: "why do people hate Catholics?" in a Catholic forum, or "why do people hate blacks?" in a black culture forum, or "Why do people hate Jews?" in a forum to discuss Jewish issues.

It was a insensitive mean spirited act. Nothing can change or conceal that.
Thank goodness some of the "regulars" here are making sense! Good grief! This thread is such a waste of time, and nothing more then to stir up trouble! Don't people have better things to do with their time then to create chaos??? No wonder this planet is in so much trouble!!!

Last post on this thread from me! I have creating and healing and loving to do.....I'm just so not into hate!

Old 09-10-2010, 09:59 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,964,575 times
If you think this thread is such a waste of time then why did you even bother posting. You just wasted your precious time...

Old 09-10-2010, 10:42 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,015,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
If you think this thread is such a waste of time then why did you even bother posting. You just wasted your precious time...
That really wasn't necessary.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:47 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,964,575 times
Oh i think it was, ouijee..

Old 09-11-2010, 12:29 AM

44,257 posts, read 64,046,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post

I keep coming back bc the way I go through my posts is to go through my postings list and whenever I see that there's a new post, I am totally deluded into thinking someone has come on here and offered some intelligent insight or a different perspective...so I click.
Honestly, it's like a conversation. I'm not a hit and run poster. I keep tabs on the threads to see what's the haps. Plus, I always check on all my rep point posts to see which ones in the thread they were.

Last edited by stan4; 09-11-2010 at 12:57 AM..

Old 09-13-2010, 10:49 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,194,631 times
Have always had the impression that cat haters are often very controlling persons. Because of a cats independant personality, and because a cats affection and loyalty must be earned and never just be demanded, this type of person often detests felines because, unlike dogs, they cannot control them. Many of historys famous tyrants and dictators hated cats. Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan, Napoleon Bonaparte, Benito Mussolini, and Adolph Hitler were all men that were cat haters. Just for the record, I am very fond of dogs and get along great with them, as well as being a cat lover.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:54 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,343,947 times
Thanks again CL723 for this cra**y thread. Every person who bumps this stupid thread needs to have their head examined. Like the vampire that will never die. Can we please let this die?

Old 09-13-2010, 01:54 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,075,985 times
Well...you just bumped it. Why does it bother you so much?

I think you are on the right track, BlackShoe. I cherish cats because of their independent personalities, although my cat is incredibly spoiled. In my experience, most (not all) dogs are either too friendly or not friendly enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats