Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 09:56 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,465,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Cats are great companions. They want to be your buddy every bit as much as a dog does, but without the jumping and slobber.
You haven't met Jack the Cat! He definitely does the jumping, especially from behind. Does his little wet nose qualify as "slobber"? OK, maybe not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 01:38 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
Maybe they never had them with ketchup...

(okay, just a joke!).

My Aunt never liked cats much, because her vision was poor, and cats are so silent, (some) that a cat would suddenly brush up to her, and it would startle her, she just did not like it. Whereas a dog, the things are always so loud, panting, running around barking needlessly...and I can understand not liking things that just jump out at you, when you can't see very good.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:47 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,435,785 times
Anyone who hates anything to the point of wanting to destroy it is a very sick individual. I am not referring to someone who just doesn't like cats or dogs or hamsters or whatever. Normal people, if they do not like something, do their best to ignore and avoid it.

Someone wanting to hurt the object of their hate is someone to steer clear of whether you are a cat or a person.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 959 times
Default the cat man

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
I see a lot of people posted who don't understand cats.

Cats are not "low maintenance". They need just as much attention, care and love as any other living breathing feeling being.

Cats are not "standoffish" I've got a cat on my lap, a cat next to the computer, a cat at my feet and another on the back of my chair, at this moment.

Cats are not cold. See above.

Cats are intelligent loving animals who form deep emotional lasting bonds with their humans, with each other, and with other species of animals (dogs, rabbits, rats and mice, birds).

The more time and attention you put into your cat(s) the more your cat(s)'s personality will be developed.

Cats have this false reputation for being independent and difficult to "control". This is one of the reasons sick people and creeps love to torture cats. It gives them a feeling of power to be in control of something supposedly so "independent and aloof".
i have many ,many ,many cats. they love me because i let them do what they want. they go outside and then come back in the house. Its been thirty five years now ,they call me the CATMAN !

Old 04-04-2012, 12:03 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,273,545 times
i have many ,many ,many cats. they love me because i let them do what they want. they go outside and then come back in the house. Its been thirty five years now ,they call me the CATMAN !

The cats call you "Catman" ?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-04-2012, 12:10 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
Even if you get a cat when it's young, it doesn't bond with you the way a dog does. I like both dogs and cats, but prefer dogs more. A cat, however, is better suited for living in smaller spaces or ones without a yard.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:15 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,561,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Even if you get a cat when it's young, it doesn't bond with you the way a dog does. I like both dogs and cats, but prefer dogs more. A cat, however, is better suited for living in smaller spaces or ones without a yard.
Cats, at any age, form deep emotional long lasting bonds with their humans, and with other cats, and with dogs and other animals.

The cat's brain is organized most like the humans, of any animal, especially the section of the brain that controls emotion.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:21 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,824,355 times
I don't know haha. A lot of people seem to hate cats though. My grandfather and uncle, and many men in particular, seem to not like cats, except my cousins.

I don't like how my mom's cats kill other animals when they get plenty of domestic food, but it's their nature I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Cats, at any age, form deep emotional long lasting bonds with their humans, and with other cats, and with dogs and other animals.

The cat's brain is organized most like the humans, of any animal, especially the section of the brain that controls emotion.
My mom's cats haven't bonded. They'd probably kill each other if she wasn't around for an extensive amount of time and the food bowl was almost empty. Nevertheless they coexist somehow.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:28 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,561,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I don't know haha. A lot of people seem to hate cats though. My grandfather and uncle, and many men in particular, seem to not like cats, except my cousins.

I don't like how my mom's cats kill other animals when they get plenty of domestic food, but it's their nature I guess.

My mom's cats haven't bonded. They'd probably kill each other if she wasn't around for an extensive amount of time and the food bowl was almost empty. Nevertheless they coexist somehow.
Yes, some cats, just like people, don't like each other. Cats that go outside carry a lot of unfamiliar smells, and cats are suspicious of unfamiliar smells, for one thing.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:56 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,986,369 times
There are people like my mother was who just don't like animals of any kind. If they never saw another animal they wouldn't miss them. Yet her parents BOTH liked cats and dogs and caged birds. Go figure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats