Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 10:03 AM

41,950 posts, read 75,153,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I always felt cats were aloof, whereas my dogs always came to me for petting or snuggling. I never knew that cats do too!
More often than not, more frequently than I'd like. Our female must snuggle with at least one of us (preferably both, with her in the middle) the instant we wake up in the morning, or she pouts all day. The male waits until after he's been served breakfast (first things first!) ... but in the evening, if I'm sitting around at the computer or reading, he's right in my lap, nuzzling and licking my hand or head-butting me under the chin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 AM

542 posts, read 1,478,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I think some people have a moment when they realize "Hey! This cat really doesn't give a **** about me!! I'm actually a slave to this stupid cat!!"
Funny, my cats are a lot smarter than some people I know.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:04 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Right. I don't fit any of those 3, and it doesn't seem like a very intelligent and wordly thing for you to say.
Do you have insults for people who don't like whole wheat bread, too? Is everyone whose opinion differs from yours some kind of traumatized moron?
Just obsevations based upon experience. YMMV.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-09-2010, 04:15 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,674,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Why do some people hate cats?
Often for a very good reason.......allergies !!

That said, We would not part with our two "babies" for anything !!!

Old 09-09-2010, 04:19 PM

221 posts, read 798,989 times
Hmm..well they are sneaky, they kill birds and my grandma's reason, god rest her soul, they will suffocate babies for the milk they drink ..hoping that's not true. And my reasons are they are just downright boring, unaffectionate and the majority of cats I've encountered are nasty hissers or scratchers. I don't hate them, but I would never have one as a pet..

Old 09-09-2010, 04:31 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,674,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive1982 View Post
Hmm..well they are sneaky, they kill birds and my grandma's reason, god rest her soul, they will suffocate babies for the milk they drink:shocked: ..hoping that's not true. And my reasons are they are just downright boring, unaffectionate and the majority of cats I've encountered are nasty hissers or scratchers. I don't hate them, but I would never have one as a pet..
Don't believe that old wives tale. As to cat's not liking you it's your fault since they can smell you as a threat to them. So can dogs...........

Old 09-09-2010, 04:56 PM

221 posts, read 798,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Don't believe that old wives tale. As to cat's not liking you it's your fault since they can smell you as a threat to them. So can dogs...........
Really..and I guess that's the reason why all dogs adore me then huh?

Old 09-09-2010, 05:34 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Open to changing my mind when I meet a cat I like (met a lot of cats and it's yet to happen).

Old 09-09-2010, 05:54 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
This is just plain wrong. There is no evidence that feline leukemia can be transferred to humans, or to dogs.

You'll have to find another reason to hate cats.
I already stated that I do not hate cats. So, your unwarranted personal attack is not appreciated. I like other people's cats but I don't want my own and I gave my reasons why. Why do you choose to attack me for my choices? Seriously, what is that about?

As far as the feline leukemia, you'll have to show me studies where it has been disproven. I'll wait for your links.

I've known a couple of elderly people who were diagnosed with feline leukemia and the doctors indicated in both instances that they believed it was because they had cats. Not one or two cats but dozens of cats. Elderly people living in unsanitary conditions in which cats had overtaken their homes. So, as I said, disprove it with some credible links and I'll consider your evidence. Otherwise, I'll trust the physicians diagnosis before your unsubstantiated opinion.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:06 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,755,674 times
For me, its the stink. I had a cat or two in the past, but the cat litter box is too much. I wouldnt get a cat again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats