Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 03:38 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,607,688 times

Advertisements

She's bored of bags, balls, foil on string games. She chases me a bit but then sits down. I don't like laser lights (due to her eyes being able to be shined into by accident) so not sure what else? I've tried the 'ball in the oval track' but she lacks interest. Maybe a mouse to chase thats motorized?

As far as dental treats, maybe something other than Greenies which she hates. I don't want treats w/ grains, that make starch in her mouth worse & contribute to decay.

Ok, any help w/ these 2 things is appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 06:02 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
The Panic Mouse line of products, the world's greatest interactive cat toys.

I have the Panic Mouse 360. Two of my cats LOVE it..........two play with it sometimes............the other two couldn't care less about it.

I have to roll up duct tape to put under the legs so one of my cats doesn't drag it away while in motion............that will break it...........that is why I am on my second one.

I also rotate their toys.........when they don't play with one for awhile, I will put it away for a few weeks and put something else out..............then repeat.

I buy them "Purina Whisker Lickins--CrunchLovers--Tartar Control" for treats that are good for their teeth. They really love them.

I also use "Oxyfresh--Pet Oral Hygine Solution" to help keep their teeth in good shape.........you put it in their water. I get it at the vet's office. The Petsmart in my area used to carry it but then stopped.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:23 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,607,688 times
I may try the mouse then.

But teeth are an issue. They were cleaned in Jan. (she's just about 3 yrs old now) so don't know when to reclean them. Vet bill was $280 to do them (under sedatives, which we don't like seeing used) so how best can I avoid this, & keep her teeth ok @ home?

I'm lame when it comes to trying to brush them, as she'll not like it I bet. I'm open to treats but not grainy-types that add to tarter/plaque via starch. Thanks all for any updates to this.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:42 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
I may try the mouse then.

But teeth are an issue. They were cleaned in Jan. (she's just about 3 yrs old now) so don't know when to reclean them. Vet bill was $280 to do them (under sedatives, which we don't like seeing used) so how best can I avoid this, & keep her teeth ok @ home?

I'm lame when it comes to trying to brush them, as she'll not like it I bet. I'm open to treats but not grainy-types that add to tarter/plaque via starch. Thanks all for any updates to this.

Why not try the Oxyfresh Pet Oral Hygine Solution I mentioned earlier? It helps prevent the formation of tartar and plaque. It is safe. Vets sell it. They also make a line of products for humans. It is cheap, you only add one teaspoon full per quart of water.

It also comes in a gel form if you want to brush their teeth......it has aloe in it and also helps heal oral wounds.

Here is the link:

Pet Grooming, Healthy Pet Supply and Pet Care Products | Oxyfresh.com

Old 10-03-2010, 01:01 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,941,485 times
Instead of a laser toy (although they are completely safe but since you are uncomfortable with it) try a small flashlight. Or shining the light off of a watch or mirror. Some of ours go crazy for that. But, always a favorite in our home with all our fosters is anything by Fat Cat. Our dogs love all their stuff too. Fat Cat® — We Make People & Pets Laugh!®

As far as dental...try the teeth wipes by Dr. Foster and Smith. Not only do my dogs beg for their teeth to be cleaned, but most of the cats do too. Grabbing that container is the equivalent of grabbing a treat can in this house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats