Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:42 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,812,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa6660 View Post
Got the cat tree in last night. Assembly was super easy. Only thing is that my husband said I would have had trouble getting the box up the stairs and through the house to where we put it. I told him it was supposed to weigh 65lbs, but his guess was closer to 75lbs.

He started assembling it while I got some chili started on the stove. I helped out the last 5 or so minutes, just fetching the right part. Probably took less than 30 minutes total.

I had a fresh bag of catnip, so I put a bit on each level to intice the kitties a bit. Here are a few pictures from last night. Sorry they are so dark and blurry - I just snapped them with my phone. I may try to take some pictures with the real camera this weekend.

I love it!! Look at them all sitting up there, that's awesome! Catnip's a good idea. I should try that. My tonkinese mainly uses the tree to sleep in the condo, or lounge on one of the platforms, but she doesn't run up and down it like my kitten does. She does, however, run all over the house, like crazy. I wanna see her play!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 02:26 PM

841 posts, read 552,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
I love it!! Look at them all sitting up there, that's awesome! Catnip's a good idea. I should try that. My tonkinese mainly uses the tree to sleep in the condo, or lounge on one of the platforms, but she doesn't run up and down it like my kitten does. She does, however, run all over the house, like crazy. I wanna see her play!
We have a bit of a love/hate relationship with catnip at our house. The kitties love it and it drives them nuts, but it make a few of them a bit more aggressive. I figured it would at least make them explore and stay on each part of the tree for a few minutes. I'm going to need to bring a mirror into the living room with me so that while I am watching tv I can spy on them to see how they like it. (It's behind me when I sit on the couch.)

Old 11-19-2010, 02:47 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa6660 View Post
We have a bit of a love/hate relationship with catnip at our house. The kitties love it and it drives them nuts, but it make a few of them a bit more aggressive. I figured it would at least make them explore and stay on each part of the tree for a few minutes. I'm going to need to bring a mirror into the living room with me so that while I am watching tv I can spy on them to see how they like it. (It's behind me when I sit on the couch.)

OMG! I also use a mirror to watch my kitties! I have it sitting on the floor under the TV, angled just right. I can see what they are doing in the kitchen and I can see when the one that is allowed in the backyard {she doesn't jump the fence, hence the privledge} is sitting at the patio door to come in.

I have also used catnip to entice the little ones to explore new toys and posts.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:50 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,490,423 times
Quote:
Your cats will love it! My tonkinese loves the condo, and my siamese kitten takes over the very top perch. And they get a LOT of use out of those sisal posts!

The pom pom toy attachments were all yanked down the first night. I've done what tilli mentioned, and just cut off the elastic from them, so they won't accidentally swallow it.
I ended up with this one: Classic Cat Tree - Classic Cat Tree B7801 - Armarkat.com - Cat Furniture, Cat tree, Dog Bed, Cat Bed (http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-tree/classic-cat-tree-b7801/prod_28.html - broken link)

It was less then $115 total. Thanks for the hint about the coupon code.

I wanted to add a tree to a corner in the master bedroom to hopefully keep a few of the felines off the bed. If they sleep in my face...it kinda cuts off my breathing a little.

Thank you again for sharing.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola4 View Post
I ended up with this one: Classic Cat Tree - Classic Cat Tree B7801 - Armarkat.com - Cat Furniture, Cat tree, Dog Bed, Cat Bed (http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-tree/classic-cat-tree-b7801/prod_28.html - broken link)

It was less then $115 total. Thanks for the hint about the coupon code.

I wanted to add a tree to a corner in the master bedroom to hopefully keep a few of the felines off the bed. If they sleep in my face...it kinda cuts off my breathing a little.

Thank you again for sharing.
That's the one I almost got!

I totally understand the smothering thing. My kitten likes to fall asleep on my shoulder and curl up to my neck, while I'm lying in bed with my laptop or watching tv. That's sweet. What's not sweet is when I'm sleeping comfortably on my side, and he wakes me up at 4 am trying to whack me into position by smacking my face with his paw. Tonight, he gets a nail trim.

Little rascal is sound asleep on the second-highest platform right now. He'll be all energy riiiiiight around my bedtime.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
That's the one I almost got!

I totally understand the smothering thing. My kitten likes to fall asleep on my shoulder and curl up to my neck, while I'm lying in bed with my laptop or watching tv. That's sweet. What's not sweet is when I'm sleeping comfortably on my side, and he wakes me up at 4 am trying to whack me into position by smacking my face with his paw. Tonight, he gets a nail trim.

Little rascal is sound asleep on the second-highest platform right now. He'll be all energy riiiiiight around my bedtime.
I love the snuggling...what better way to feel loved back. But, if they sleep in my face, I wake up choking. Hey, at least I wake up.

I just love it how yours whacks you in your face to reposition you!!! Funnnnnny!

Last edited by Lola4; 11-19-2010 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: Edited wrong post.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:29 PM

PS I should mention that the box the tree came in was a BIG hit as well.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola4 View Post
PS I should mention that the box the tree came in was a BIG hit as well.
LOL! Same here. I went downstairs (it was too heavy to carry upstairs, so I just opened the box and took the pieces up), and came down and the cats were having a blast in the box.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:34 AM

If anyone is interested.... Petco is having a 72 hour sale. Condos are 20% off plus FREE shipping.

Cat Furniture - Cat Trees and Cat Houses Available Online from PETCO.com (http://tinyurl.com/petco72hrsale - broken link)

Old 12-29-2010, 12:23 AM

148 posts, read 386,317 times
overstock.com also has tons of cat tree options for good prices, just check the measurements before purchasing to make sure they are the size you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats