Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 09:46 AM

216 posts, read 829,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
What great tips and articles from everyone I sure wish I had these resources when I was trying to provide the basic comforts for the little strays that some idiots managed to drop off in my neighborhood.

Oooooh yeah! It's learning by doing, and trying to forgive oneself the mistakes made in the past, and doing better the next time..until the next mistake, and trying to forgive that one...
And someday when I'm really old, I'll have the whole yard set up with perfect winter shelters and summer condos, the best food waiting, expert knowledge on every possible medical emergency (because they always happen on a Sunday morning or on July 3rd...and strays always show up on Christmas Eve or during the worst blizzard of the century...), and I will be proud to be called a crazy cat lady ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 10:45 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,662,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrikeV View Post
Oooooh yeah! It's learning by doing, and trying to forgive oneself the mistakes made in the past, and doing better the next time..until the next mistake, and trying to forgive that one...
And someday when I'm really old, I'll have the whole yard set up with perfect winter shelters and summer condos, the best food waiting, expert knowledge on every possible medical emergency (because they always happen on a Sunday morning or on July 3rd...and strays always show up on Christmas Eve or during the worst blizzard of the century...), and I will be proud to be called a crazy cat lady ....
LOL ulri! I'm right there with you!!!!

Old 12-19-2010, 02:56 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Lightbulb Baby white kitty on my Porch !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
That's great to hearI always did that with stray kitties eventually they got used to going in at night. At least you will sleep well knowing they at least have the option of crawling into a warm bed.
Here is the baby white kitty on my porch ! She is so cute and chubby !

And her mama was looking at me and softly closing her eyes....I think someone said that means " I love You " in kitty speak !
Attached Thumbnails
I fed the beautiful white stray..-babykitty.jpg  

Old 12-19-2010, 03:42 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,662,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Here is the baby white kitty on my porch ! She is so cute and chubby !

And her mama was looking at me and softly closing her eyes....I think someone said that means " I love You " in kitty speak !
The "love blink" is exactly that. It means I love you.....

Old 12-19-2010, 04:23 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
What a beauty! and thanks again for helping these furbabies.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:27 AM

The mama and baby are going to get fat with me around ! I don't want to ever see them skinny again ...

Last night I baked some chicken and since they live right on my porch , I brought some out and can now watch them gobble up dinner.

Plus, I keep a plate of regular dry cat food for them.

The baby still runs from me , her cute little chubby furry body running for her cat mama...

It's okay now because when I call * Kitty Food * mama comes running down the hill and right to my porch !

Old 12-20-2010, 10:35 AM

I somehow lost track here...how many cats are there now? The mama, the baby, and snowflake? Or is Snowflake the baby? Are there two or three or more...
I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just honestly confused now about who is who and how many cats are on the porch/in the woods.

Help, please...

Old 12-21-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrikeV View Post
I somehow lost track here...how many cats are there now? The mama, the baby, and snowflake? Or is Snowflake the baby? Are there two or three or more...
I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just honestly confused now about who is who and how many cats are on the porch/in the woods.

Help, please...
Ulri, there are three ! The mama , the baby kitten and a 6 month old. I too was confused and only saw mama and the baby but then the other white cat came along. I think its mama's other older baby. ( They are all pure white ) She must be a good mama because they are still devoted to her.

I wished I had my cell phone camera with me because the baby was climbing up on the porch , stopped and looked at me and she is sooo cute ! ( That is her in the latest picture )

Old 12-21-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Ulri, there are three ! The mama , the baby kitten and a 6 month old. I too was confused and only saw mama and the baby but then the other white cat came along. I think its mama's other older baby. ( They are all pure white ) She must be a good mama because they are still devoted to her.

I wished I had my cell phone camera with me because the baby was climbing up on the porch , stopped and looked at me and she is sooo cute ! ( That is her in the latest picture )

Aaahh!! O.K., now I gotcha! I have honestly never seen a cat this white before! And is the mama also still this white? My Suzie , a Siamese Mix, was very white when she was little, but the grey/beige tabby coloring was already noticeable close up, now at almost 5 years no-one would say she is white, more grey/biege, yeah, mama was a slender Siamese Mix and daddy was a big old grey tabby tom.
O.K., I'm looking forward to the updates on your feline family!!

Old 12-22-2010, 09:17 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
I am envious of you and those all white kitties. BEAUTIFUL!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats