Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 08:09 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times

Advertisements

You two have had a good life together - just being there with her is giving her comfort. It says a lot when she dragged herself into your room to be near you. Let's hope for a miracle and if not, my heart goes out to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 07:50 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
So sorry for you both. Just as a note for reference, my vet places a well-worn quilt on the table (or floor for large dogs), to lay the pet somewhere comfortable for the last moments. I have held almost every "paw" at many a passing and it was always peaceful. They let you stay there as long as you like, before they take away your pet.
I do one even better, Nancy. I hold my baby in blankets in my arms and I will not even allow the techs to take her out of my arms, even to shave the arm for the injection. I sing. I cuddle. I hold my baby's head to my heart. And she knows she is loved..........

But, if you decide to allow Gracie to pass at home, if it is an easy passing, her experience will be beautiful.

.....And this I say very quietly, Nancy......I had a NDE and to this day, I can honestly say it was the MOST beautiful, loving, peaceful experience of my life, and I did NOT want to come back!

Follow your intuition as to what Gracie wants. IF you need to take her to the vet, do NOT allow her to be taken out of your arms! She is YOUR baby!!!!

Peace, Nancy! May the presence of angels be felt. God be with you!!! (((HUGS)))

Last edited by Garden of Eden; 05-12-2011 at 08:51 PM..

Old 12-18-2010, 04:27 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
Thank you all. Gracie passed away very peacefully this morning. I know that she is no longer in any pain.

But, the memory of how she dragged herself from her bed to lie in my room only two nights ago is so haunting that I don't think I will ever forget it.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 12-18-2010, 04:49 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,455 times
I'm so sorry. (((Hugs)))

Old 12-18-2010, 06:09 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,616,013 times
Nancy, my sincere condolences.

I read this & my heart bleeds. I hope God Blesses you & Gracie during this time. Please understand we ALL care for you & will continue praying for Gracie & you to reunite someday.

Please realize Rainbow Bridge is so very true for all our loved furry babies.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:22 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,617 times
Oh, Nancy, I am so very sorry. Just as movintime said, I also hope that someday you and Gracie are reunited. In fact, I just know you will be.

My deepest condolences. My prayers along with all my furkids are being said for you. Oh, this is so hard, and my heart just hurts all over the place for your loss.

(((HUGS))) and (((PEACE)))

Old 12-18-2010, 06:27 PM

216 posts, read 829,979 times
I am at loss of words in situations like this. My deepest condolences.
Gracie went peacefully and at home, surrounded by the person she loves most, I also hope to go like that some day.
And she was ill only for a very short time.
Also something I can only hope and pray for.
I hope the two of you had some peaceful, close, and loving last moments, both of you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:35 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,621 times
HUGS.....Sounds like you two were best of Friends.
She is at peace now knowing she was loved, and she loved you.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:00 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Thank you all. Gracie passed away very peacefully this morning. I know that she is no longer in any pain.

But, the memory of how she dragged herself from her bed to lie in my room only two nights ago is so haunting that I don't think I will ever forget it.

I think she was saying Good-Bye and also, that she came for comfort's sake: to give it and receive it. At least this is my feeling on it. I pray that in time you will see it as a comforting gift.

I'm so sorry, Nancy, I know it's a difficult time right now.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:25 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
I'm sorry for your loss, but she's now playing at the Rainbow Bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats