U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-17-2010, 01:12 PM
 
10,135 posts, read 26,044,580 times
Reputation: 8355

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Thank you, Wilson! You've sure been quiet! On vacation or something?? LOL
I'm like the feral cats. Only see me when I'm hungry.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 12-17-2010, 03:09 PM
 
2,455 posts, read 6,279,530 times
Reputation: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
The only homeopathic websites I ever found were commercial sites looking to sell their products. No true learning sites geared for advanced students or veterinarians or even rank beginners. Any site for veterinarians would include double-blind studies and where they were conducted. I found no double blind-studies to back the products they're selling, just the usual testimonials. I'm looking for answers myself since I don't trust 95% of the veterinarians out there as you know. I saw what goes on since I worked in two animal hospitals in NYC in the past. Like organized religion today, it's a business. It all comes down to the bottom line. That's why they're still declawing cats here in the USA and pushing yearly vaccinations. There's a lot of profit in both, especially vaccinations. But no sensible person would take testimonials seriously, especially when the person/site/practitioner is selling something. I'll do some more online searching for double-blind studies.

Remember Hulda Clark and her magic zapper?
Kitty, hubs had to really, and I mean really dig for these sites. They are NOT readily available for they are not meant to be seen. Hmmmm.....
Anyways, IF you are seriously interested, I will ask hubs for the links who have them on his computer. These links are from Universities and professional homeopathic practitioner sites.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-19-2010, 08:02 AM
 
Location: home
216 posts, read 788,697 times
Reputation: 174
What about "Dr. Pitcairn's complete guide to natural health for dogs and cats"?
It' the only book I currently have at home and sometimes look up health issues and possible treatments. Not that I think it's the best homeopathic guide out there, it's just the only one I have at home right now....
Of course I don't agree with his dietary suggestions, but I so far have no reason to doubt his homeopathic suggestions, I'm just a lay person.
What is your thought on his "guide"?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-19-2010, 08:16 AM
 
2,455 posts, read 6,279,530 times
Reputation: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrikeV View Post
What about "Dr. Pitcairn's complete guide to natural health for dogs and cats"?
It' the only book I currently have at home and sometimes look up health issues and possible treatments. Not that I think it's the best homeopathic guide out there, it's just the only one I have at home right now....
Of course I don't agree with his dietary suggestions, but I so far have no reason to doubt his homeopathic suggestions, I'm just a lay person.
What is your thought on his "guide"?
Ulri, we have his book, and the reason why I did not mention it on my list, we don't use it. We have found better sources for our information.

Don't please misunderstand me. There is nothing wrong with his suggestions, none what-so-ever. We just tend to follow the other two books I gave here by Don Hamilton and George Macleod. For reasons I am not able to explain, hubs and are drawn mostly to Don Hamilton's book.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-19-2010, 08:31 AM
 
Location: home
216 posts, read 788,697 times
Reputation: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Ulri, we have his book, and the reason why I did not mention it on my list, we don't use it. We have found better sources for our information.

Don't please misunderstand me. There is nothing wrong with his suggestions, none what-so-ever. We just tend to follow the other two books I gave here by Don Hamilton and George Macleod. For reasons I am not able to explain, hubs and are drawn mostly to Don Hamilton's book.
Ah, O.K....
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-19-2010, 10:25 AM
 
Location: Near Nashville TN
7,201 posts, read 13,932,983 times
Reputation: 5434
Default most valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Kitty, hubs had to really, and I mean really dig for these sites. They are NOT readily available for they are not meant to be seen. Hmmmm.....
Anyways, IF you are seriously interested, I will ask hubs for the links who have them on his computer. These links are from Universities and professional homeopathic practitioner sites.
===========================
Yes, those are the sites I would be interested in. I don't know why they would not be meant to be seen since they would be the most valuable.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-19-2010, 10:34 AM
 
2,455 posts, read 6,279,530 times
Reputation: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
===========================
Yes, those are the sites I would be interested in. I don't know why they would not be meant to be seen since they would be the most valuable.
I don't mean to be disrespectful, Kitty, but you have continually expressed your disbelief in homeopathy. If I may be so bold, why do you want to see the professional sites? They are not intended for the usual internet searcher, and thus, they are buried for a reason. Plus, they are written mostly in medical jargon. Do you comprehend medical lingo?

Also, what I am learning I am sharing here with all of you. Again, no I will not discuss the actual remedies, unless someone here expresses to me a genuine need to know this knowledge, and then, it will be given in a private manner. These remedies are NOTHING to play around with.

It is my way of being forthright. I am only saying what you yourself have displayed, over and over again. My hubs and I are serious healers, looking for real answers, and I just won't give out treasured information intended only for the vet professional just to prove to you that I really know of these sites.

My intention here is not to hurt your feelings. I know we have even privately spoken in email, and again, there you expressed your disbelief in homeopathy. I honor my reference sites, and in my opinion, they need to be earned in order for someone to know of them.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-25-2010, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Near Nashville TN
7,201 posts, read 13,932,983 times
Reputation: 5434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
I don't mean to be disrespectful, Kitty, but you have continually expressed your disbelief in homeopathy. If I may be so bold, why do you want to see the professional sites? They are not intended for the usual internet searcher, and thus, they are buried for a reason. Plus, they are written mostly in medical jargon. Do you comprehend medical lingo?
I have not expressed disbelief in homeopathy. I expressed disbelief in meaningless testimonials as most people would since anyone can write anything. Without double blind studies as proof they're of no value. Professional sites are not "hidden" from search engines. Some require you joining and signing in. A legitimate site has nothing to hide. There is no mystery. No hiding. No secrecy. There are many sites online with medical "lingo." Let the person be the judge themselves if they can or can't understand the jargon.

Quote:
Also, what I am learning I am sharing here with all of you. Again, no I will not discuss the actual remedies, unless someone here expresses to me a genuine need to know this knowledge, and then, it will be given in a private manner. These remedies are NOTHING to play around with.
Ahhh..... the usual mystery. The secret potions. If it's legitimate it's not secret knowledge. No medication is "anything to play around with." That's not new.

Quote:
It is my way of being forthright. I am only saying what you yourself have displayed, over and over again. My hubs and I are serious healers, looking for real answers, and I just won't give out treasured information intended only for the vet professional just to prove to you that I really know of these sites.
Because such sites don't exist. There are no sites with double blind studies for homeopathy, especially where cats are concerned. None meant only for veterinarians.

Quote:
My intention here is not to hurt your feelings. I know we have even privately spoken in email, and again, there you expressed your disbelief in homeopathy. I honor my reference sites, and in my opinion, they need to be earned in order for someone to know of them.
There are no secret sites and no secret search engines with buried information despite what you claim. There is no legitimate reason you or anyone should hide legitimate learning and double-blind study sites. Again, I disbelieve in these miracle cures claimed by homeopathic believers and herbalists with no double-blind studies to back them. If you have the study in hand, I'll believe. That's not a disbelief in the practice itself. There's a BIG difference.

You wont hurt my feelings. I knew the sites wouldn't appear. I've been online a long long long time.

Last edited by =^..^=; 12-25-2010 at 03:21 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-25-2010, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Near Nashville TN
7,201 posts, read 13,932,983 times
Reputation: 5434
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrikeV View Post
Of course I don't agree with his dietary suggestions, but I so far have no reason to doubt his homeopathic suggestions, I'm just a lay person.
Even a lay person can compare what they're reading in homeopathy books and what modern Medicine uses and knows. It's not rocket science. You need no special educational background. Heavy medical jargon knowledge is not needed. There are some remedies such as mineral oil w/iodine I swear by. No need for Nystatin, it'll even clear up ear mites and hot spots on dogs. But many are totally useless and you have no way to have blood drawn or urine tests going by a book or LEGITIMATE website. A Lic Dr must order these tests. And never, and I mean never, go by testimonials. And any homeopathy site selling anything, complete with testimonials should be immediately suspect.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-25-2010, 03:57 PM
 
2,455 posts, read 6,279,530 times
Reputation: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
I have not expressed disbelief in homeopathy. I expressed disbelief in meaningless testimonials as most people would since anyone can write anything. Without double blind studies as proof they're of no value. Professional sites are not "hidden" from search engines. Some require you joining and signing in. A legitimate site has nothing to hide. There is no mystery. No hiding. No secrecy. There are many sites online with medical "lingo." Let the person be the judge themselves if they can or can't understand the jargon.

Ahhh..... the usual mystery. The secret potions. If it's legitimate it's not secret knowledge. No medication is "anything to play around with." That's not new.

Because such sites don't exist. There are no sites with double blind studies for homeopathy, especially where cats are concerned. None meant only for veterinarians.

There are no secret sites and no secret search engines with buried information despite what you claim. There is no legitimate reason you or anyone should hide legitimate learning and double-blind study sites. Again, I disbelieve in these miracle cures claimed by homeopathic believers and herbalists with no double-blind studies to back them. If you have the study in hand, I'll believe. That's not a disbelief in the practice itself. There's a BIG difference.

You wont hurt my feelings. I knew the sites wouldn't appear. I've been online a long long long time.
I am just not going there with you, Kitty. I know what I know, and you will not bully me into giving you any sites that I feel deep down you don't even care about. If anyone here expresses a genuine need to know these sites for they themselves and who are studying homeopathy, that is when I will post them. They are not secret, and please don't put words in my mouth that don't exist.

If you were seriously interested in the Science of Homeopathy, you would be deciding which books I listed that you don't have that you would like to get so that you can start reading. And I am sure those very same books have many many websites listed at the back of those books.

One other thing. Please stop trivializing what I am doing with my life, something that I have had the courage to write here about. I was hoping some here would actually be interested and learn a thing or two from what I am learning.

Thank you.

Last edited by Garden of Eden; 12-25-2010 at 04:32 PM..
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top