U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 05:05 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,128,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
I don't mean to be disrespectful, Kitty, but you have continually expressed your disbelief in homeopathy. If I may be so bold, why do you want to see the professional sites? They are not intended for the usual internet searcher, and thus, they are buried for a reason. Plus, they are written mostly in medical jargon. Do you comprehend medical lingo?

Also, what I am learning I am sharing here with all of you. Again, no I will not discuss the actual remedies, unless someone here expresses to me a genuine need to know this knowledge, and then, it will be given in a private manner. These remedies are NOTHING to play around with.

It is my way of being forthright. I am only saying what you yourself have displayed, over and over again. My hubs and I are serious healers, looking for real answers, and I just won't give out treasured information intended only for the vet professional just to prove to you that I really know of these sites.

My intention here is not to hurt your feelings. I know we have even privately spoken in email, and again, there you expressed your disbelief in homeopathy. I honor my reference sites, and in my opinion, they need to be earned in order for someone to know of them.
That's the problem with western meds and alternative. When alternative is open market only, it winds up getting corrupted by people taking it to a place where they're being their own doctor (often because medical doctors are clueless about it) coupled with shoddy mfg practices in non standardized system tends to lend a bad name to alternatives. I hope we get it all figured out someday because stuck on stupid sure does stink. Just finding reputable companies mfg'ing can be half a lifetime chore unto itself (presuming they don't get sold & formulas change).
Rate this post positively

Old 12-25-2010, 05:37 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,279,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
That's the problem with western meds and alternative. When alternative is open market only, it winds up getting corrupted by people taking it to a place where they're being their own doctor (often because medical doctors are clueless about it) coupled with shoddy mfg practices in non standardized system tends to lend a bad name to alternatives. I hope we get it all figured out someday because stuck on stupid sure does stink. Just finding reputable companies mfg'ing can be half a lifetime chore unto itself (presuming they don't get sold & formulas change).
Sounds like you understand what we who dare to step out of the box are up against. It is so not easy by a long shot, but the system that is in place, is so incomplete, and so wrong in so many ways. Anyone with a heart to improve medicine walks my path.........

If I can be of any help please let me know.... I will be looking out for your posts, for you sound to me as though you may very well be a pioneer.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:46 PM

7,201 posts, read 13,932,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
That's the problem with western meds and alternative. When alternative is open market only, it winds up getting corrupted by people taking it to a place where they're being their own doctor (often because medical doctors are clueless about it) coupled with shoddy mfg practices in non standardized system tends to lend a bad name to alternatives.
It's also the outrageous claims made by all too many homeopathy practitioners out there with nothing to back their claims but testimonials. And it's those online homeopathy people looking to sell the gullible any number of questionable and often laughable cures. And yes, there are those who read a few websites and/or books and start experimenting on their pets, themselves and God forbid, even their children. It's hit or miss. Alternative treatments have a problem with nothing being standardized. Occasionally that happens with regular meds also. Remember the thyroid medication expose` some years back? Not 2 pills in the vial had the stated dosage of medication. That's been corrected from what I understand. Who is there to expose and correct something, some product from a homeopathy site? Or even making your own potions, lotions and notions without a lab? You can't tell how many mg of the active ingredient is in that 10cc of home made potion. Each batch will vary. I am far from a fan of Big Pharma, but I am no fan of anyone pushing treatments or cures without double blind studies. Because that's where the useless self-serving testimonials end and the TRUTH begins. This is where many drugs costing millions to develop fail the test and are discarded as useless or too dangerous. They never make it to market. Not so the alternative cures such as zappers to remove liver flukes, copper bracelets and lead matress covers to cure arthritis and peachpits to cure cancer...... and on and on and on. These were old "cures" from 10 years ago when I looked into alternative medicine. I'm sure there are equally useless ones today.

Quote:
I hope we get it all figured out someday because stuck on stupid sure does stink. Just finding reputable companies mfg'ing can be half a lifetime chore unto itself (presuming they don't get sold & formulas change).
I can't argue with that but do suggest all alternative treatments go through double-blind studies before they hit the marketplace. Toss the useless in the trash and keep those that are effective.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:15 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,236,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
I have not expressed disbelief in homeopathy. I expressed disbelief in meaningless testimonials as most people would since anyone can write anything. Without double blind studies as proof they're of no value.
Yes you have, over and over again like a broken record, in fact. EVERY time it comes up in a thread you express your disbelief.

You didn't post on this thread because you want to learn about homeopathy, you posted here because you want to speak against it...and yes, you are trivializing the work of those who have put many years of study and application into this realm of healing.

The bottom line is that you don't know squat about it, so your opinion is just that...an opinion. Yes, anyone can write anything as far as testimonials go, but here we have a person who is not selling anything, who has nothing whatsoever to gain in sharing this knowledge and experience beyond the joy of having helped others heal their cats...cats she will never meet, let alone make a dime on. That alone should tell you something.

The last thing I will say is this...alternative healing methods in general require healers who understand energy on a different level and who know how to work with it...this is why Garden will not share certain things on this forum, because she has no way of knowing whether or not the people who read her words are at that place of energetic understanding...if they aren't and they decide to try out a massage technique, for example, they could do some serious damage because they won't feel the energy directing them to the proper amount of pressure, placement, etc. The same is true for homeopathy...if someone isn't "tuned-in" to subtle energetic shifts in their cat, they won't know when to hold off or administer more, when to turn to conventional meds, etc... and she is absolutely right, this is nothing to be fooled around with unless you're willing to put in some good, long research and have a firm understanding of the energetic philosophy behind homeopathy...not everything in this world can be explained or measured...anyone truly interested in studying homeopathy should also know something about quantum mechanics .
Quantum Physics And Homeopathy Are Related | Information And Web Site Links
Homeopathy breakthrough: homeopathic solutions proven to carry memory of water and exhibit biological effects

Old 12-27-2010, 07:11 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,279,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Yes you have, over and over again like a broken record, in fact. EVERY time it comes up in a thread you express your disbelief.

You didn't post on this thread because you want to learn about homeopathy, you posted here because you want to speak against it...and yes, you are trivializing the work of those who have put many years of study and application into this realm of healing.

The bottom line is that you don't know squat about it, so your opinion is just that...an opinion. Yes, anyone can write anything as far as testimonials go, but here we have a person who is not selling anything, who has nothing whatsoever to gain in sharing this knowledge and experience beyond the joy of having helped others heal their cats...cats she will never meet, let alone make a dime on. That alone should tell you something.

The last thing I will say is this...alternative healing methods in general require healers who understand energy on a different level and who know how to work with it...this is why Garden will not share certain things on this forum, because she has no way of knowing whether or not the people who read her words are at that place of energetic understanding...if they aren't and they decide to try out a massage technique, for example, they could do some serious damage because they won't feel the energy directing them to the proper amount of pressure, placement, etc. The same is true for homeopathy...if someone isn't "tuned-in" to subtle energetic shifts in their cat, they won't know when to hold off or administer more, when to turn to conventional meds, etc... and she is absolutely right, this is nothing to be fooled around with unless you're willing to put in some good, long research and have a firm understanding of the energetic philosophy behind homeopathy...not everything in this world can be explained or measured...anyone truly interested in studying homeopathy should also know something about quantum mechanics .
Quantum Physics And Homeopathy Are Related | Information And Web Site Links
Homeopathy breakthrough: homeopathic solutions proven to carry memory of water and exhibit biological effects
Needs to be read again (and again). Thank you, my friend, for putting into words what I have not said. I wanted to rep you, but I have to spread more around to do so.

A HEALER'S WALK IS NOT WITHOUT CHALLENGES AND ONE THAT HOLDS HONOR AND INTEGRITY.

I have nothing to gain by posting what I am here. My heart ONLY wants to alleviate the suffering that is so rampant in this merciless world. And no, I will not share all I know, for I am bound by a Code of Honor. And it is for the EXACT reasons luv stated above. I will NOT bring harm to ANY feline by posting here knowledge that could be used to harm. ONLY those whose hearts are truly beating with the passion of healing the hurt, dying, and ill, can understand what luv and I have been saying here.

Kitty, I suggest you put me on your ignore list. You evidently do not like what I have to say, and with all the agonies I have endured with Molly's Journey, I really don't need to read your "Disbelieving Thomas" and hurtful posts. I know you are angry with my ways, yet that is not my fault that you feel that way. I suggest you examine why you are angry with my words, find the reason why I seem to "tick you off", and work on bringing happiness into your life. This has nothing to do with me or my life. It has everything to do with how sad you are, and how badly your heart is hurting.

If you knew the fires I have had to walk through in order to EARN the knowledge I have today, you would not be hurling anger towards me.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
It looks like you missed my iodine and mineral oil post.

Quote:
Dickering is useless. Provide the double-blind studies and where they were conducted. That's where the proof, the evidence is. That's where we see what works and what doesn't work. Everything else is simply testimonials.

I looked into homeopathy some time back with an online friend. We found nothing but empty claims and testimonials and those selling any assortment of "cures" and "treatments." We also checked out the Herbalists = same thing! In alternative medicine we found the colon flushes for intestinal sludge and the magic zapper for liver flukes about the most outrageous and possibly the most dangerous. Only one allopathic practitioner, talking about homeopathy etc was bringing to people's attention how dangerous it is to experiment with home made potions since you cannot get the active ingredients correct at home even if the concoction works.

The sites you provided were not what was asked for but thank you for taking he time to post them.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:42 PM

Default Ther is no anger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
If you knew the fires I have had to walk through in order to EARN the knowledge I have today, you would not be hurling anger towards me.
It took me years to learn the knowledge I have also. There is no anger towards you. Please don't go paranoid. I had my brush with homeopathy in the past. They're you're cats to experiment on any way you wish.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:02 PM

2,000 posts, read 3,772,661 times
Quote:
It took me years to learn the knowledge I have also. There is no anger towards you. Please don't go paranoid. I had my brush with homeopathy in the past. They're you're cats to experiment on any way you wish.
Wow. Your post comes across as very passive aggressive. Totally uncalled for. It's quite obvious to me and I'm sure to others that you have some kind of problem with the OP. Just let it go.

GOE, thanks for the list of books. I'm looking forward to checking them out.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:20 PM

Default Letting go..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
Wow. Your post comes across as very passive aggressive. Totally uncalled for. It's quite obvious to me and I'm sure to others that you have some kind of problem with the OP. Just let it go.
I am letting it go. I often let my concern and love for cats overrule my better judgment as to what to post. I can only hope I gave people food for thought where alternative medicine is concerned.

I have no problem with the OP. I believe she's sincere in what she's doing. I've read her posts for a year. It's alternative medicine I have some serious problems and concerns about. This being an open and public forum I felt I was allowed to ask questions and disagree with others as others sometimes disagree with me.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:04 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,236,732 times
Quote:
It looks like you missed my iodine and mineral oil post.
Iodine and mineral oil are not homeopathic treatments...holistic, yes, homeopathic, no.

Quote:
I looked into homeopathy some time back with an online friend. We found nothing but empty claims and testimonials and those selling any assortment of "cures" and "treatments." We also checked out the Herbalists = same thing!
So because you looked into something "some time back" that means you know as much as you need to know about that subject? Again, this statement trivializes the reality that some of us have experienced with both homeopathic and herbal applications. To say what you have said here clearly tells me that you might have glanced into these things, but you have obviously not put enough time in to understand the principles or processes involved. It takes years to learn, just like it took you years to learn conventional vet. medicine.

Quote:
The sites you provided were not what was asked for but thank you for taking he time to post them.
I was not just posting these links for your benefit, I was trying to shed some light on the fact that homeopathy is not anything like conventional treatments because it is based in things that can not be adequately measured or explained through "modern" technology. If you read the information contained in the links, and do some (actual, not just glancing at) reading on quantum physics, you might begin to understand a bit more about why the usual and accepted forms of "proof" don't exist for things like homeopathy because our technology only covers what we can physically see and measure, it does not take vibrational patterns or energy we can't see or touch into consideration. Can we measure love? No...but we certainly know it's real .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.