U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 01:43 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,233,789 times

Advertisements

There have been some of you who have expressed to me in DM's the need to know what resources hubs and I use. Since the list is quite extensive, I am writing this thread for whoever wants to know.......I am not listing any websites we learn from, for those are only for advanced students and geared in language for the veterinarian.

So, let me begin. I will list them in importance to us, and how frequently we use them. Some I have only perused through, not actually reading them, using them only as a study guide, and those will have an asterisk after the title and author!

OK! Let's go!!! (Molly is having after shock day from the vet yesterday, and she wants me to just sit with her. So, here I sit, with my laptop!)

1. Homeopathic Care for Cats and Dogs by Don Hamilton, DVM (dog eared)
2. Acu-Cat by Nancy Zidonis and Amy Snow (dog eared)
3. Raising Cats Naturally by Michelle T. Bernard
4. The Healing Flowers by Judy Griffin, Ph.D
5. Bach Flower Remedies by Dr. Philip M. Chancellor
6. The Healing Touch for Cats by Dr. Michael W. Fox*
7. Cat Massage by Maryjean Ballner*
8. Cats Homeopathic Remedies by George Macleod MRCVS, DVSM
9. Homeopathy Beyond Flat Earth Medicine by Timothy R. Dooley, N.D., M.D.*
10. Natural Health Care for your Cat by Dr. Rudolf Deiser*
11. Cat Body, Cat Mind by Dr. Michael W. Fox*
12. Your Cat by Elizabeth m. Hodgkins, D.V.M., Esq*
13. Not Fit for a Dog! by Michael W. Fox, Elizabeth Hodgkins, Marion E. Smart*
14. The Encyclopedia of Natural Pet Care by CJ Puotinen (hardly read)
15. What My Cat Has Taught Me about Life by Niki Anderson*
16. Kindred Spirits by Allen M. Schoen D.V.M.,M.S.*

I also have many many metaphysical books, spiritual books that I have used for my own personal spiritual journey and to help me "hear" Spirit when I am directed in regards to the healing care, and the everyday interaction between myself and my felines.

I also will not speak about any of the healing methods Spirit has taught me here on this forum. Those methods are only to be taught one-on-one in person, with someone who I can "see" is genuinely seeking "new" ways to heal our animals. In other words, this information is not for public knowledge.

I hope the information here helps those of you who are into researching and really devoted themselves in finding better ways to treat our cats.
Rate this post positively

Old 12-16-2010, 02:23 PM

2,806 posts, read 7,200,968 times
Thank you so much for this information! I am definitely going to have to get my hands on these books!

Old 12-16-2010, 04:01 PM

216 posts, read 783,952 times
Oh boy....I will pick one at a time...and add those I bookmarked myself sometime , thinking of maybe purchasing or not, oh boy, but what the heck...I am getting more and more into all those feline and human related subjects anyway.
Thank you so much! That is a very valuable list!

Old 12-16-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Thank you so much for this information! I am definitely going to have to get my hands on these books!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrikeV View Post
Oh boy....I will pick one at a time...and add those I bookmarked myself sometime , thinking of maybe purchasing or not, oh boy, but what the heck...I am getting more and more into all those feline and human related subjects anyway.
Thank you so much! That is a very valuable list!
You are welcome and you are welcome!

Old 12-16-2010, 04:26 PM

10,135 posts, read 25,918,618 times
Ooooh! Great list. Maybe some Xmas presents in there. Thanks!

Old 12-16-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Ooooh! Great list. Maybe some Xmas presents in there. Thanks!
Thank you, Wilson! You've sure been quiet! On vacation or something?? LOL

Old 12-16-2010, 08:19 PM

947 posts, read 3,277,066 times
Thanks Garden for posting this list!
I actually have a few books, But none of these, Although I did pick up the book... "Your Cat" at the libabry a few days ago!

Thanks again.

I will be picking them up as time goes on, and to save some money, see if the library has any other of these books.

Been wanting to learn about Bach Flower, I basically Heard about them and seen them at the store...

Oh, real quick, I have rescue remedy, have used it before for kitties.. question about the Alcohol in it?... vet said to boil it so the Alcohol taste would disappear...?
Is this important to do?
Does all the flower remedy have alcohol?

thanks again!!!

Old 12-17-2010, 04:22 AM

Need4trees, about Rescue Remedy, I put drops on my cats' ears. There is also a Pet Rescue Remedy that does not have alcohol in it, but it is very sticky.

Yes, Bach Flowers do have alcohol in them, but I only give 1-2 drops in a dilution of 5cc of water. The Flower Essences, some at least, do not have alcohol in them, but just to make sure, I dilute 10 drops to 4 ounces of water, and give 5-10 drops of that solution to my cats. I use Flower Essences MORE, much MORE, then Bach Flowers now, for I like to work with them more so then Bach's.

Here is a link for the Flower Essences I use. I trust them. And I trust the woman who makes them. I have been working with her for years, and like ALL of us here, she is still learning, so she is NOT perfect. I can ONLY recommend her Flower Essences, the petite fleurs and the combination remedies, but I will not recommend any of her other products. Either I have not used them, or I have disagreed with her regarding the ingredients. Dr. Judy Griffin's Aroma Health Texas :: Aroma Therapy, Herbal Therapy, Herbal Medicine, Healing Power of Flowers, Flower Essences

Do NOT boil the Bach or Flower Essences. We are talking DROPS here! Everything will end up evaporated, plus you will be destroying the very sensitive properties of the flowers.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:32 AM

216 posts, read 783,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4Trees View Post

Oh, real quick, I have rescue remedy, have used it before for kitties.. question about the Alcohol in it?... vet said to boil it so the Alcohol taste would disappear...?
Is this important to do?
Does all the flower remedy have alcohol?

thanks again!!!
Oh boy, when I just read this my heart almost stood still for a second...
Then I read GOE's response and was immediately relieved...
I had already grabbed the keyboard getting ready to violently hack the words "'DO NOT BOIL THE FLOWER ESSENCES !!!"

No offense here need4trees , this was an honest and thoughtful question you asked.
My anger goes towards the VETS, and I am slowly wondering what in the world do they learn AT ALL in vet school and whether I should ever again risk to take ANY cat or other animal to a vet's office.
I am just more and more confirmed that I should never ever believe what a vet tells me, just use them in case of broken leg or gigantic bite wound or anything else that requires major surgery and anesthesia.
And btw, boiling alcohol does NOT get rid of it, unless you boil it for long hours/days.
For eliminating the information and healing effects of flower essences it actually only takes storing them too warm, leaving them open, storing next to heavy odors (coffee, herbs, etc.), using with metal, and the list goes on...
But BOILING ...????

Old 12-17-2010, 12:38 PM

7,201 posts, read 13,812,076 times
Default Websites....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
There have been some of you who have expressed to me in DM's the need to know what resources hubs and I use. Since the list is quite extensive, I am writing this thread for whoever wants to know.......I am not listing any websites we learn from, for those are only for advanced students and geared in language for the veterinarian.
The only homeopathic websites I ever found were commercial sites looking to sell their products. No true learning sites geared for advanced students or veterinarians or even rank beginners. Any site for veterinarians would include double-blind studies and where they were conducted. I found no double blind-studies to back the products they're selling, just the usual testimonials. I'm looking for answers myself since I don't trust 95% of the veterinarians out there as you know. I saw what goes on since I worked in two animal hospitals in NYC in the past. Like organized religion today, it's a business. It all comes down to the bottom line. That's why they're still declawing cats here in the USA and pushing yearly vaccinations. There's a lot of profit in both, especially vaccinations. But no sensible person would take testimonials seriously, especially when the person/site/practitioner is selling something. I'll do some more online searching for double-blind studies.

Remember Hulda Clark and her magic zapper?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.