Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 01:39 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
........and this I say very quietly........Can we please stick to the subject of this thread which is the recovery of my Molly?

no kudzu, I was not referring to your question. OK?

Thank you and God bless you.
Amen to that!

This is a thread about the process of healing, and Molly is the star...if people would like to debate other subjects that come up along the way in greater depth, why not just start a new thread about that subject?

Old 12-26-2010, 06:54 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
Thanks for the article. Very informative. No offense was taken. Just glad our dear Molly is improving.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:12 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,665,527 times
Hmmmmmm.........my Molly.......

This morning, I had THE talk with Molly and it went something like this.....

Molly, (I said) the longer you play at being sick, the worse you will feel and the worse you will get. When you begin to think that you are doing well, which you are by the way, the better you will feel!!! No matter what Mommy and Daddy do for you to help you get better, if you insist on being scared and keep thinking you are sick, you will be.

Molly, just because your heart needs a little fixing, doesn't mean you have to act scared. Talk to your brothers and sisters and they will tell you how good you look, and you do!!! You look well! But, when I look into your eyes, I see the shadows of fear, and, Sweetie, those thoughts are the very same ones that are going to make you worse.

It is your job to get stronger and stronger, so that when Mommy and Daddy figure out the best remedies for your heart and body, you will become well. But, we need your help. If you keep thinking sick, you will be sick.....

I continued.......Every day, Molly, Mommy has to make the choice between what the MRI says I am, or that I am healthy. I choose to be healthy and act it and live it. And you know what, Molly, I am becoming healthier with each and every day! So if I can do it, so can you!!!!...........

That was the essence of my conversation with Molly because I believe, in fact, I know, that these felines understand me. Yes, when they want to and on their terms, but it seems it is getting to be more common place in my home that feline and human understand one another.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:35 AM

216 posts, read 829,823 times
Ha! I hear ya, GOE!!! And I also took your advice !
I hope Molly took your advice, there is so much truth to it!!

Old 12-26-2010, 11:19 AM

1,758 posts, read 5,492,997 times
I talk to our dogs and cats alllll the time. If nothing else, the tone of my voice definitely "reaches" them. When they talk back, I assume by THEIR tone ...what their response was.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:24 AM

I shake as I write these words.

Molly this morning, is splinting again, (shallow and rapid breathing) and I cannot hear her heart beat, which means her heart is beating too softly. In other words it is failing. I gave her an extra dose of Lasix to pull off the edema from around her heart, and I gave a short lasting homeopathy remedy to bring down her HR in order to try to stabilize her. I also cupped and clapped her. She is presently on the floor, not actually laying on it, but just crouching, trying in her own way to alleviate the pressure from off her heart and lungs.

My husband and I are so scared to make a decision on which remedy to give Molly, for there are several. If you don't give the right one, that remedy could have adverse side effects. It looks like another study day and another jump off the cliff. Oh, God, help us!!!!!

I woke up this morning in tears. This struggle I see with my Molly every day to live, is tearing me to pieces. Her eyes have the brown shadows in them, no smiles, and her eyes speak illness. Yes, I received a Miracle, but who is to say, especially me, how long that Miracle will last.

Molly's Mom is so near panic, that she had to take a pill to stay calm. And it is only 10am. She is really failing miserably to stay balanced today and would so appreciate prayers from you to help her. I speak in the third person because I just might fall apart here as I take big gulping breaths and fight to see the screen through hot tears.

Molly still has not given me the signal enough is enough. And I am scared that the limited knowledge my husband and I do have will not be enough. Oh, God help us!!! Please, I feel so helpless right now!!!

And I speak to Kitty here. Do not come here unless you have words of encouragement. Molly's Mom is ready to crumble, and she doesn't need your anger in this thread. Can you understand this????? My Molly is fighting for her LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now do you understand English???????

Old 12-27-2010, 08:31 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,003 times
I am so sorry Molly is doing so poorly today GOE. The crouching is not good, I remember that from my Archie. But I am hoping Molly will pull around again, as she has done several times already, with your help. She is in good hands with you. I'll be thinking of you both ... and hope for a miracle.

forum rules, please read them

Old 12-27-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I am so sorry Molly is doing so poorly today GOE. The crouching is not good, I remember that from my Archie. But I am hoping Molly will pull around again, as she has done several times already, with your help. She is in good hands with you. I'll be thinking of you both ... and hope for a miracle.
Thank you, Katz. We are running out of time. If Molly doesn't turn the corner soon, my husband and I will help Molly return to Spirit. Her eyes are so tired today. I put her on her right side to try to take off some of the pressure off her heart and lungs. If medicines are not working, you all know what must be done.

My cats are very quiet this morning. I'm too emotional to "tie into" their world in order to gain wisdom on where to go from here. Molly is as comfortable as she is going to get, so I am going to put my anguish into physical work. I must. It is either that or my sanity will vanish.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:52 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
I'm feeling for you both now. I don't know how you and Molly can take anymore.
Exactly what signal are you looking for? or is it one of those things you will definitely know when you see it. I'm wondering if you are so exhausted and afraid that you aren't able to read her right now. I pray you have the strength to get thru this difficult day.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:17 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,086 times
Garden of Eden I have been following this thread not because I have kitties anymore but because I love and adore all animals. I am so sorry that You and Molly are having to go through this, I know that you love Molly with all your heart and soul. Please just ignore any negativity that has been displayed it will just upset you more. No one and I mean no one knows more about what you are going through except you. Just know that somehow Molly knows her mama and papa are doing all they can to help her and you will make any decisions that will be for her benefit. Just know that there are some wonderful caring people here that are pulling for Molly. Just take a deep breath and continue doing the best you can. (((HUGS))))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats