U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-20-2010, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
6,752 posts, read 8,238,192 times
Reputation: 5111

Advertisements

Thank you for doing this... and thanks for the funny story.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-21-2010, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Mountains of middle TN
5,244 posts, read 15,643,552 times
Reputation: 6119
Thanks everyone.

She's a real sweetie. Purrs the second you pick her up and snuggles right up against you. She even likes the dogs!!! That surprised me. We've got a gorgeous little Tibetan Spaniel mix foster boy that's in love with her. He lays by her kennel with his head pressed against it and she rubs her head against his. They're adorable.

Had a lady locally that lost her cat recently after a long illness and she's looking to adopt. Sent her photos of Mew and Chloe, who is the torti female that my dog nursed. Will see if she's interested in either. We love little Mew but we've got such a housefull. If we can find her a home where she doesn't need to be in a kennel or a seperate room and will get all the love that's best for her.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 02:33 PM
 
479 posts, read 1,481,196 times
Reputation: 572
Excellent story, good work!

The little guy looks just like our first when we adopted him.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 03:18 PM
 
2,455 posts, read 6,279,530 times
Reputation: 2012
What a wonderful, blessed work you are doing, helping these animals, that no one else would. God bless you!! You have my admiration and prayers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 03:52 PM
 
Location: Near Nashville TN
7,201 posts, read 13,932,983 times
Reputation: 5434
Default Avoid Nashville Craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Thanks everyone.

We love little Mew but we've got such a housefull. If we can find her a home where she doesn't need to be in a kennel or a seperate room and will get all the love that's best for her.
Please avoid using Craigslist in Nashville (or anywhere else). It's the last place to try and find a home for an animal. Even many of those who claim to be Rescues on CL aren't. I was badly stung trying to find a home for a stray cat we had vetted. Long story but she lied to me 10 ways from Sunday and cat, who I dearly loved by then, was never found.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 08:59 PM
 
Location: Mountains of middle TN
5,244 posts, read 15,643,552 times
Reputation: 6119
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Please avoid using Craigslist in Nashville (or anywhere else). It's the last place to try and find a home for an animal. Even many of those who claim to be Rescues on CL aren't. I was badly stung trying to find a home for a stray cat we had vetted. Long story but she lied to me 10 ways from Sunday and cat, who I dearly loved by then, was never found.
I've been running a pet rescue for 16 years. LOL. We have adoption events each Saturday in Petco in Murfreesboro and are listed on Petfinder, AdoptAPet, Pets911, etc. We've got a really in depth application and home visit we do before we allow adoptions. Craigslist and such are never an option. But thank you for bringing it up. Great for anyone else that stumbles upon this post and thinks of giving away a kitty they find. I forget that I'm seldom on the cat section. Most of my posts are in the dog and general pet sections.

We've named her officially BTW. Valkyrie. Norse goddesses that watched over battlefields. Figured she's gotta be pretty tough to be so tiny and starving and freezing and dehydrated and still be tough enough to survive. We're calling her Val.

Our rat terrier foster boy has adopted her. He won't let the other dogs near her when she's out of her kennel. She's in bed with me now all curled up with him. The other dogs give her kisses and he snarls at them and she just rolls around. She's just the coolest kitty!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Mountains of middle TN
5,244 posts, read 15,643,552 times
Reputation: 6119
Her pictures from tonight. Seems at home, huh??

Really thinking now that someone dumped her. She's much too domesticated to be a stray or feral kitten.





Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2010, 05:45 AM
 
Location: Philaburbia
39,256 posts, read 69,753,645 times
Reputation: 63419
Isn't she pretty! Love the name.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2010, 11:27 AM
 
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
9,353 posts, read 19,109,357 times
Reputation: 11597
she looks so peaceful and content....

is the rattie fella even keeping munchi away from her??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2010, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Near Nashville TN
7,201 posts, read 13,932,983 times
Reputation: 5434
Smile Petco in Murfreesboro!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
I've been running a pet rescue for 16 years. LOL. We have adoption events each Saturday in Petco in Murfreesboro and are listed on Petfinder, AdoptAPet, Pets911, etc. We've got a really in depth application and home visit we do before we allow adoptions.
You've got to be kidding! That's where I got Zebulon (they called him Carter) from. His nickname is now Rusty. He came from that very store. But there was no in depth application or home visit. There was no one there from a Rescue the day I adopted him. He was in one of those cages to the left of the door. They told me he came from a KY high-kill shelter. I paid $65 for him. We love him to bits. Do do remember this kitty? He has blue eyes. Here he is the day after I brought him home to be exact:



Quote:
Craigslist and such are never an option. But thank you for bringing it up. Great for anyone else that stumbles upon this post and thinks of giving away a kitty they find. I forget that I'm seldom on the cat section. Most of my posts are in the dog and general pet sections.
I wouldn't have given away BoiKatt but he didn't get along with one of my established cats and would spray all over the house after an altercation with her. Yes he was neutered. He really needed to be an only cat. I have no idea what happened to him and the so-called Rescuer wont email or call me back after he took off from her cousin's house. He was supposed to be put up for adoption at the M'boro PetsMart near I24. That never happened.

Quote:
We've named her officially BTW. Valkyrie. Norse goddesses that watched over battlefields. Figured she's gotta be pretty tough to be so tiny and starving and freezing and dehydrated and still be tough enough to survive. We're calling her Val.
I can see why. She's a real survivor.

Quote:
Our rat terrier foster boy has adopted her. He won't let the other dogs near her when she's out of her kennel. She's in bed with me now all curled up with him. The other dogs give her kisses and he snarls at them and she just rolls around. She's just the coolest kitty!
It looks like you're going to keep her.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top