U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 11:57 AM

7,201 posts, read 13,815,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Her pictures from tonight. Seems at home, huh??

Really thinking now that someone dumped her. She's much too domesticated to be a stray or feral kitten.

She is precious. They either dumped her or she wandered off from her home. Since the people let her out (if that's the case) she deserves a better home with you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 06:27 PM

5,244 posts, read 15,576,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
You've got to be kidding! That's where I got Zebulon (they called him Carter) from. His nickname is now Rusty. He came from that very store. But there was no in depth application or home visit. There was no one there from a Rescue the day I adopted him. He was in one of those cages to the left of the door. They told me he came from a KY high-kill shelter. I paid $65 for him. We love him to bits. Do do remember this kitty? He has blue eyes. Here he is the day after I brought him home to be exact:

Very cool!

I'm not sure - dont' remember - the name of the rescue that has the kittens there. I wish they'd turn it over to a local rescue. I've been there a few times and had to get Willie (the manager) to have someone clean their litter boxes because their volunteers didn't show. I hate that an out of town rescue runs it, because like you said, I don't think there's any oversight or application process of any kind. Makes me ill. One of the couple's that fosters for me and helps us at the events adopted one from there that was sick. They spent their money to get him through a resp virus and then adopted him out to a good home. It just made me sick and angry that they run it that way. But it's not my rescue and I guess I don't get to decide. Next time you're there after the new year on a Saturday, stop in and say hi. We're the primary rescue and I've staked out the spot right in front of those cat cages. Unless something comes up, we're there each Saturday from 11 - 5.

Thanks everyone. She's just the coolest. She came in and napped in the middle of seven dogs this morning. Got a picture of her when she woke up laying in the middle of them. She just really thinks she's a dog! LOL

Old 12-23-2010, 04:05 PM

7,201 posts, read 13,815,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Very cool!

I'm not sure - dont' remember - the name of the rescue that has the kittens there. I wish they'd turn it over to a local rescue. I've been there a few times and had to get Willie (the manager) to have someone clean their litter boxes because their volunteers didn't show.
I had to do the same thing one time. It was a weekday. A gal came out of the grooming area and cleaned the pans. I was wondering why they were so dirty that day. Most of the time they look OK. That store does get to adopt out a lot of kitties due to the constant traffic. They're saving lives of kitties that may have ended up euthanized.

Quote:
I hate that an out of town rescue runs it, because like you said, I don't think there's any oversight or application process of any kind. Makes me ill. One of the couple's that fosters for me and helps us at the events adopted one from there that was sick.
Zebulon/Rusty had a very mild URI which is so common in shelters and places where animals come in from different areas. He was fine in a few days. He was clean with no fleas, ear mites or internal parasites.

Quote:
They spent their money to get him through a resp virus and then adopted him out to a good home. It just made me sick and angry that they run it that way. But it's not my rescue and I guess I don't get to decide. Next time you're there after the new year on a Saturday, stop in and say hi. We're the primary rescue and I've staked out the spot right in front of those cat cages. Unless something comes up, we're there each Saturday from 11 - 5.
I'm sure we've already met.

Quote:
Thanks everyone. She's just the coolest. She came in and napped in the middle of seven dogs this morning. Got a picture of her when she woke up laying in the middle of them. She just really thinks she's a dog! LOL
She is just precious and looks so much like my first cat when I was about 11 yrs old.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:00 AM

455 posts, read 1,176,230 times
Aww bless you, she is gorgeous and has really landed on her paws with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats