Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:25 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,662,886 times

Advertisements

For those of us who are on the search for the truth regarding vaccinations, below is an excellent article, lengthy yes, but very informative. Please take the time to read it. In it also, reference is made to dogs, yet much valuable information is given for cats as well. If you have both cats and dogs, then you can absorb all the information contained in this article, written by Dr. Don Hamilton, DMV.

http://www.itsfortheanimals.com/Adob...miltonVacc.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 11:27 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Way too long. Who can get through all that rhetoric? And keep in mind that it is one vet's opinion only and says the same things others say with many fewer words .

It's true that the vaccination question can be a daunting decision to make. Me, I believe in vaccines, to a point. I believe Rabies by law is a good law and keeps the rabies down to a low roar. His theories about IBD and panleuk seem to make sense, but......I dunno Garden, anyone can make any theory sound good if they use enough words. I just can't buy it.

His theories about vaccines keeping animals alive that should have died....? I kind of shut down after that. This is not the "wild" where survival of the fittest prevails. This is our homes and hearts, where our beloved pets are family. We want them to live and have good quality lives, not die because they are less healthy or strong than the next animal.

<edit> Hey Garden..no offense or disrespect to you intended I hope you realize. If people can get through it perhaps it will help them make the right choices for their pets. I tend to go toward middle ground on the vaccine issue (rabies a must, other vaccines dependent on many other things) and this kind of 'all vaccines are bad' hype really bugs me.

Last edited by catsmom21; 01-07-2011 at 12:33 PM..

Old 01-07-2011, 12:33 PM

Fair enough, Catsmom21. I posted this for those who are interested. No strings.

I must point out in all fairness to me, I did state in my original post, that the article is lengthy, and then you complain. This is research my style, C21, and I don't stop no matter how long an article is from an informative source.

Also, I do believe you have taken the author's words out of context. I am not writing this to fight with you. I happen to believe this man, for I am dealing right now with an ill baby, who has NEVER been the same since her last set of vaccinations. If I had this information at my fingertips at the time, I would be getting down on my knees in gratitude. No, I cannot prove that Molly's heart problems stem from the vaccinations, but it is really coincidental, that and the fact she never seemed to bounce back.

So, take the article in stride, and for those of you with genuine interest, no matter the length of the article, I encourage you to read it. It really is enlightening.

Thank you.

Last edited by Garden of Eden; 01-07-2011 at 12:59 PM..

Old 01-07-2011, 01:09 PM

Garden, I was not complaining. I was stating my opinion of the article and my opinion of the topic of the article.

Nor am I looking for a "fight" either. Again, I was just stating my opinions on the article you posted a link to. I know they disagreed with yours, but I don't think that is any reason to not post. You know?

Last edited by catsmom21; 01-07-2011 at 01:47 PM..

Old 01-07-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Garden, I was not complaining. I was stating my opinion of the article and my opinion of the topic of the article.

Nor am I looking for a "fight" either. Again, I was just stating my opinions on the article you posted a link to. I know they disagreed with yours, but I don't think that is any reason to not post. You know?
Good no fight. I really wasn't look for posts to be truthful with you. I only wanted to give the option to people here to read it. I came upon this article in some of my research for Molly, as I try to figure out what her baseline problem is and why. So, I am just passing along an article that I believe has much value.

Yes, I know we don't see eye to eye on everything, and that is OK. You are you and I am me. Isn't it great that we are all different? How boring this world would be if it were not so.

FYI........Notice how I spelled DVM. I spelled it backwards. That should tell you volumes about me, a person who is meticulous in my spelling. Catsmom21, I am feeling really tired with all I have been through with my Molly.......I don't even know why I am saying this, but I felt led to.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Good no fight. I really wasn't look for posts to be truthful with you. I only wanted to give the option to people here to read it. I came upon this article in some of my research for Molly, as I try to figure out what her baseline problem is and why. So, I am just passing along an article that I believe has much value.

Yes, I know we don't see eye to eye on everything, and that is OK. You are you and I am me. Isn't it great that we are all different? How boring this world would be if it were not so.

FYI........Notice how I spelled DVM. I spelled it backwards. That should tell you volumes about me, a person who is meticulous in my spelling. Catsmom21, I am feeling really tired with all I have been through with my Molly.......I don't even know why I am saying this, but I felt led to.
Of course it's great people are different. That's my point. You and I have a different outlook on more than one or two things, but that doesn't stop us from being respectful to and even friendly with one another. That's the way it's supposed to be, it's the spice of life, you know?

And under it all, is our common denominator, our love and care for our beloved pets. And for some of us especially, not just our own, but all the cats.

So I will continue to speak my mind to you okay because I feel safe to do so with you. You said you you weren't looking for posts, and again, I do not mean this with any disrespect Garden, you surely know that if you post a link about a controversial subject people are going to want to discuss the subject?

(PS I hate using all these smilies, but I want to be sure to convey my friendly tone.)

Old 01-07-2011, 02:48 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
LOL! I did the SAME thing recently on another forum, said DMV instead of DVM, and boy did I get "flamed" for it...exhaustion can really do a number on us sometimes .

I'm excited to read this article (don't have time at the moment, I'm so busy I feel like my head's going to fall off because it's spinning so hard ) but I do agree that vaccinations can do more harm than good, and I think we need new studies to examine the truth in all this.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
LOL! I did the SAME thing recently on another forum, said DMV instead of DVM, and boy did I get "flamed" for it...exhaustion can really do a number on us sometimes .

I'm excited to read this article (don't have time at the moment, I'm so busy I feel like my head's going to fall off because it's spinning so hard ) but I do agree that vaccinations can do more harm than good, and I think we need new studies to examine the truth in all this.
Great post. Tried to rep but got to spread some joy around first I guess, so have to do it publicly.

<edit> PS why would any one flame you for a typo? Geesh tell 'em to get a life. LOL!

Last edited by catsmom21; 01-07-2011 at 03:03 PM..

Old 01-07-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
I do not mean this with any disrespect Garden, you surely know that if you post a link about a controversial subject people are going to want to discuss the subject?

(PS I hate using all these smilies, but I want to be sure to convey my friendly tone.)
I guess I was being naive. Or is it the spinning of the head effect as Luv described? LOL Either way, you are right, and I shall tell you.

....Making sure I too have a "friendly" voice here......

Old 01-07-2011, 03:13 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
Great article, GOE. Thanks.

In Ohio, where Jack lives, there has never been a single case of rabies acquired by by a human from a domestic cat or dog.

There have, however, been three cases of lightning strikes on humans due to the holding of a golf club or baseball bat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats