Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2011, 03:56 AM

309 posts, read 812,001 times

Advertisements

Apologies if you have seen this before but I love it and wanted to share....

For those of you who have cats and love them, you know exactly what I am talking about. The following letter was posted very low on the refrigerator door.

Dear Cats,

The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Racing me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort.

However, cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out on the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - feline attendance is not required.

The proper order for kissing is: Kiss me first, then go smell the other cat's butt or litter pan. I cannot stress this enough.

Finally, in fairness, dear cats, I have posted the following message on the front door, so that you know I do have your comfort in mind.

TO ALL NON-CAT OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR CATS:

(1) They live here. You don't.
(2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it 'fur'-niture.
(3) I like my cats a lot better than I like most people.
(4) To you, they are animals. To me, they are adopted sons/daughters
who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.

Remember, cats are better than kids because they:
(1) eat less,
(2) don't ask for money all the time,
(3) are easier to train,
(4) normally come when called,
(5) never ask to drive the car,
(6) don't smoke or drink,
(7) don't want to wear your clothes,
(8) don't have to buy the latest fashions,
(9) don't need a gazillion dollars for college and
(10) if they get pregnant, you can sell their children
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 07:27 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,472,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily64 View Post

TO ALL NON-CAT OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR CATS:

(1) They live here. You don't.
(2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it 'fur'-niture.
(4) To you, they are animals. To me, they are adopted sons/daughters
who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.

I agree with every bit of this sentiment.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:58 AM

1,695 posts, read 4,675,433 times
ive seen this before and by far, my favorite line is

boy isnt that the truth! LOL

Old 01-16-2011, 08:41 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,861,667 times
I have kids and will admit that I love them more than Willow <gasp>, however the whole thing about cats being better than kids is pretty much true! Love it, thanks for the smile this morning.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:58 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,032 times
Thank you so much for sharing!

Old 01-16-2011, 12:34 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,003 times
I agree with everything , thanks for sharing!!!

forum rules, please read them

Old 01-16-2011, 06:42 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,492,997 times
Someone recently told me that she didn't think she could ever come to my home with us having 7 felines. I wanted to reply... "Who said you were invited?"

Old 01-18-2011, 06:23 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Add one more on why cats are better than kids...

They show gratitude. My cat appreciates me. He does not just take, and run away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats