Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 08:48 PM

364 posts, read 443,538 times

Advertisements

My kitties LOVE each other! Harley (Siamese Lynx Point) & Pumpkin (Calico colored)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 10:25 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,766,574 times
I feel so sorry for people with only one cat. Seeing the interaction, play or play/fight is so entertaining.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:09 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,727,668 times
TsMomma, what gorgeous felines!

Old 01-19-2011, 11:24 PM

4,881 posts, read 13,742,426 times
During the few months that "Puppy" lived with his sister "Weasie" and me, they had your typical love/hate relationship. I'll recount one favorite story for this thread. Weasie loved to climb a dresser with wooden drawer knobs, stretching from the floor to the highest drawer she could reach and then hauling herself the rest of the way up. As she started to do this one morning, Puppy happened to be sprawled on the floor nearby. He feigned disinterest until the very second when she was fully extended and grabbing for a drawer knob. Then - WHAP! He extended his right front paw and swept her hind legs out. No sooner had she collapsed to the floor than he was getting chased through the house.
But when mischief wasn't going on you never saw a cat doting on a sibling more than he would on her. Weasie had been the runt of her litter, and Puppy was probably the one who made sure she had her turn at feeding time with their mom. Before he disappeared, they would snuggle on the couch for hours at a time and he'd lavishly groom her. The very night before he vanished I found them on the bed, sound asleep, with Weasie's tummy "glued" to Puppy's back from head to tail. She yowled, wailed, and barely touched food for weeks after he was lost.
Once she got past her active grieving, Weasie turned into a feline socialite. Neighbors would report, and I saw for myself, how she'd follow other neighborhood cats around and sometimes walk side-by-side with them. "Like two housewives headed for the market!" Although her feline instincts are intact where most dogs are concerned, when people on our street who are owned by a Lhasa Apso walk him she and he will communicate silently and sometimes even touch noses. So although her brother's not been with us for nearly eighteen years she's hardly at a loss for companionship with others she can talk to.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:16 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,727,668 times
^^ 'Nother great Weasie story! Thank you so much. You could write a book, ya know?

Old 01-20-2011, 07:06 AM

41,695 posts, read 74,634,436 times
I guess Checkers really proved his love for Cookie when he brought her to us. We first saw this little tuxedo cat in the alley behind our house in August 2006 -- a tiny thing, probably 5 months old at the time. He mostly lived in the thick shrubs that divide our property from a shopping center; we'd see him over there every couple of days.

Then, because we occasionally left food out for our neighbor's roaming cat, we started seeing Checkers on our porch and in our yard (he knew a good thing when he saw it). A few weeks afterward, we saw another tuxedo kitten in the yard: Were we seeing things? No, this cat had different markings. She was emaciated, her eyes were barely open, and she was listless. Checkers moved her in under our shed, and we began to leave food out for the both of them in the backyard (our neighbor's cat still got his treats on the front porch, where he liked to nap in the afternoons). Within a few weeks, her ribs disappeared, her eyes opened, and she was romping around the yard with Checkers. A few weeks after that, we claimed them as ours and made them indoor kitties.

If Checkers had not brought Cookie to our yard and shown her the food, she would have died within a few days. He's a good brother.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:09 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,550,798 times
This thread is awesome! I love all the pics and stories...thanks so much to all who shared!
My 2 boys are best buds but they don't really snuggle together...my female (Harley) wants nothing to do with either of them, but when Humphrey I was still with us, I would always find them intertwined, looking happy and peaceful as can be. I really thought (hoped, prayed...) she would develop a strong bond with another cat, but she's a one man kind of woman...she tolerates her brothers, but won't do much more than touch noses with them every once in awhile. The little dogs are another story...at bedtime she gets a full face and ear washing by Lotus (one of my chi's) and then curls up with them (and me ) for the night, while her feline brothers run around and raise **** all night long, LOL !

Old 01-20-2011, 07:45 PM

11,183 posts, read 19,336,877 times
Those are some beautiful cat piles pictures. My four cats are all devoted to one another. They are always within site of each other, if not Piled up.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:58 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,459,442 times
I could look at kitty pictures all day.

Does anyone have an ugly cat? (Kidding)

Old 01-20-2011, 10:04 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,882,033 times
Unhappy kittie problems.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Awwwwww.....these stories and pictures are wonderful!!!! Kitty your cats look like mine in many ways how they cuddle and just adore one another........

Any more stories and/or pics?

Flkingfan, (((HUGS)))
I have loads of fresh pics on my camera I plan to download to my PC tonight.

As time passed Zephyr drew away from Phaedra and prefers to nap and do things alone now. Phaedra gives her her space. Her and Rusty play together. Rusty is becoming a problem though. He's started to harass Zephyr for no good reason at all. She's been spending more of her time in the master bedroom and it's adjoining bathroom. He's turned into quite a large cat. He wont let her out of the utility room when she goes to use the pans. If she tries to get past him he jumps all over her causing her to scream and run like mad. She wont use the pan in the sunroom where he can't trap her. So today we put a litterpan in the back bathroom so she doesn't have to deal with Rusty. It's like he just delights in tormenting her.

Rusty at about 6 months of age:

About 5 months of age:

At 4 months.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats