Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:29 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times

Advertisements

.....Get the "crazies" as soon as you turn out thelight and go to bed? Mine start zooming around the room, chasing each other, jumping on me in passing, etc.

....Get in front of the monitor the minute I sit down at the computer? I try and shove them away, at least give me a corner to see through, but noooo.

What do your cats do?

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 12:44 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,072,247 times
My 2 indoor cats are older, Bear is usually laying on the bed when I get there, Biggs usually sleeps in the armchair near the wood stove in the living room, but sometimes comes in and gets up on my shoulder in the morning.

Now Bear will, at about 5 to 6 am, start fidgeting around, his way of asking me to go let him outside (we live out in the country, he does not go near the road, I think he goes on a morning hunt).

I would guess your cats are younger?

Biggs and or Bear will usually sit in my lap while I eat breakfast or dinner. Sometimes they will take turns.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:48 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,032 times
Oh, did you make me laugh! Lights out mean OK let's play-time!

And as for the computer, if one of mine is in my computer room to which I keep the door closed, he demands my attention by jumping up on my lap and swatting at my hands, or biting at the pendant that is around my neck. There is a reason why my laptop is in a room with a closed door. I have tried to move it downstairs, but I get attacked by cats. My lap, the cursor on the screen, and one curls up in the back for heat, blocking the ventilation. LOL

One of my cats, loves to sing during the night, so we usually have concerts. I am so used to it I now sing back to him in my sleep. LOL He won't stop unless I answer him back and yes, I mimic him.

I have one, when I crawl into bed who will attack my feet and think it is time to play. And this one, believe me has sharp sharp nails. OUCH! So when she is on the bed, I very carefully get into it.

I have one, if I have forgotten, will complain, until I get back up from just about falling asleep to tuck him into his box.

I woke up about 2am this morning wondering why I couldn't move and I saw three cats totally surrounding my feet, making it impossible for me to move. I had to slip my feet out of the cat net towards my chest so that I could change positions. LOL

As for the running and playing, my cats are seriously good at night. I know they play for things are out of place the next day, but because they know I work so hard and need my sleep......no joke!....they play quietly. And I am so used to their "normal" noises that I sleep right through the racket! LOL I do have a "Mom's ear" and when I hear something out of the norm, I do wake up and go to investigate.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:25 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,675,433 times
mine have their 'kitty races' as soon as i turn off the tv in the bedroom (usually around 10).

now, they could do this in the family room and kitchen...but nooooooooooooo they start in the kids room- on the far side of the house, and tear straight through all the way to our room, jump up on the dresser, the bed, run across it to get to the other dresser, into the bathroom, in the tub (knocking down every shampoo and other bottle they can find) back out to our room, and up on the dresser, across our bed and out the door and repeat this cycle probably 6 or 7 times....

DRIVES. ME. NUTS.

now, its only 2 of them that do this (usually) the others curl up somewhere for the night like good little boys and girls... LOL

Old 02-09-2011, 01:42 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
My cat behaves himself pretty well at night. He's an old fellow, though, at 16. He'll wake me up if I don't get up to feed him when he wants it, of course.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:50 PM

1,300 posts, read 3,603,466 times
Cooper and Fritz do this too. They get the zoomies at night, sometimes even in early evening. Their eyes get big and they run as fast as they can around the house! Sometimes I reach down to pet them asking what's wrong and then I see their eyes and realize it's crazy-cat time!

Old 02-09-2011, 01:51 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
"Lights out" means "Let's jump on the bed and sprawl across their legs! What fun! And then let's make that pathetic mew when they try to shift their legs or roll over, so they'll feel sorry for us and remain in an uncomfortable position all night and wake up stiff and cranky. What fun!"

The real playtime at our house begins at 4 a.m. That's when the chasing, the staircase races, and the jumping on the bed commence. A few nights ago around that time, Checkers jumped on my chest and began to purr like a Mack truck, nuzzling my face and pawing the covers near my neck. Then Cookie jumps up, too (if she hears Checkers purring she figures she's missing out on some good nose scritches), and they start rowring and swatting each other. *sigh*

If we don't throw them out, they'll continue along those lines until we give up, get up, and feed them.

They also zip around for a couple hours when I get home from work. Showoffs.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:01 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,424,313 times
Gotta close that laptop when I walk away or Mickey will have done a search for hhhhhhhhcf..3*))))
but whats amazing is how often he manages to open up a "help" screen. At least he realizes he needs a little guidance with his computer skills.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:17 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,492,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Gotta close that laptop when I walk away or Mickey will have done a search for hhhhhhhhcf..3*))))
but whats amazing is how often he manages to open up a "help" screen. At least he realizes he needs a little guidance with his computer skills.
Enjoyed all the funny stories, but I did lol at this one!

Old 02-09-2011, 02:24 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
My two younger ones go right to sleep but the oldest, who is 14, decides that "lights out" means "now the fun begins."

I suffer in silence for a while and then I start coughing. She can't stand coughing and heads for the hills.

I'd be lost without them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats