U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 09:16 PM

31 posts, read 116,238 times

Advertisements

Hi, one of my orange tabby is acting weird today. I found bloody discharge on my cat today, only one 1-2 drops on her vagina. She's 4 yo, spayed, healthy. What's wrong with my cat? I hope it's not major. Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 09:21 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,233,497 times
Hi, 5cats. Is this the first time today you noticed your cat acting weird? In what ways do you mean weird?

A discharge and 1-2 drops of blood are to my mind, two very different issues. But, in either case, blood for any reason around a cat's vagina is enough to bring her in to the vet. Especially seeing that you are stating that she is acting weird.

I really can't give you any other answers other then what I said here, for without actually physically seeing your cat, I just don't know, and more importantly, I am not a vet. Please take your cat in to see your vet as soon as possible.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:28 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,423,517 times
I agree, take your cat to the vet right away.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:39 AM

5,150 posts, read 10,937,342 times
I agree... best to take her to the vet. How are her litter box habits? Is she going to the litter box often and only depositing small amounts of urine? Could be a urinary tract infection?

forum rules, please read them

Old 02-25-2011, 09:45 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,035,015 times
The cat needs to see a vet ASAP!

Old 02-25-2011, 05:49 PM

6,591 posts, read 23,893,378 times
my first thought given that shes spayed and her age would be either a uti or crystals in the urine.
definatly time for a vet check.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:05 AM

I really hope 5cats comes back here to see the advice here. This cat needs to see a vet. ^^^Agree, agree, agree!

Old 02-26-2011, 10:16 PM

Hi, thank you all for the advice...I took her to the vet the next morning after I posted it up here. They took a urine test and now I am waiting for the results. It's been 2 days already and I haven't heard anything yet.They charged me $130. I left voice mail, but no response. Waiting is driving me nuts, I want to know what's going on with my baby. My mom told me not to worry about it, she came up with this crazy story that my other male cat was humping her, that's why we spotted blood on her bottom. I told her it was impossible, both of them are fixed. I am thinking of changing her food, she only eats dry food. I tried to give her can food, but she wouldn't eat it. I don't get it, she used to eat fancy feast medley until she turned 1, then she stopped eating them. My 4 other cats do eat wet food more than dry. I've been reading a lot about cat food on consumersearch and catnutrition.org, and planning on making home-made cat food in the near future. Once I move to a new place I will start making some. As of now, I will feed them commercial food. I tried to feed my other cats with Natural balance canned food, and I ended up threw 4 cans in the trash. They didn't eat it. Good thing I only bought 4. Now they are back on fancy feast medley and fancy feast fish & shrimp (it's my cat Pudge's favorite)
For dry food, what do you guys recommend? I am think of feeding her Wellness salmon, salmon meal & deboned turkey. what do you think?

Last edited by 5cats; 02-26-2011 at 10:35 PM..

Old 02-27-2011, 11:57 AM

5cats, it is not impossible that your male was "humping". My males are neutered, yet they still have the mating urge. So, this may not be anything to worry about after all. Keep phoning your vet. You should have been told the results right away! Keep bugging them until you get answers!

I won't recommend any dry food. Cats are obligate carnivores only meant to eat meat, not cereal.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:44 AM

Okay, the results came back. According to the vet, my cat has feline idiopathic cystitis and the problem should go away within 7-10 days. He said if we wanted her to feel comfortable going to the bathroom, they can give injections at the hospital to sooth the pain, or it is also available in tablet form. And if she takes them, she needs to return to the hospital to have another urinalysis to see if there's any blood in the urine and to make sure she's going back to her normal routine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats