U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-08-2011, 07:27 AM
 
Location: NC
1,695 posts, read 4,387,466 times
Reputation: 1865

Advertisements

First I have to tell you about Bellas (normal) personality.

She doesnt like people (including me). other than my 4 year old. She doesnt come to them, doesnt lay by them, certainly doesnt want to be petted... very standoffish and 'cold' towards people in general. Shes very beautiful and VERY prissy. She is a STRICTLY indoor only cat. She was born outside, but mama brought her inside when she was a couple of weeks old, and for the past 2 years, shes been inside.

now, the dream... I had dreamt a few nights ago that we had bought our dream house in Wilmington, which is a very large estate. Hubby and I were pulling down the driveway, and I see a large falcon/hawk type bird in the sky carrying something white. I look a little closer to figure out what he has and he circles around and i see the grey spot on bellas head! HE HAD MY CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And of course, being way up in the air, there was NOTHING i could do! I start sobbing hysterically and tell hubby to let me out, that i am not presentable enough to go (where ever it was we were going?) and get out of the car and see 2 of our other cats (outdoor cats) laying on top of a transformer box in the sun. then i wake up.

ok, whats STRANGE is bellas CURRENT behavior. Ever since I had that dream, she has been glued to my side- wanting to be petted, getting in my lap, trying to get on my laptop keyboard, coming to me when i call her...just always being near me. Which is SO NOT HER. ITs not like some of our cats, who are people friendly in general and will be by you as long as you allow it - normally if you call bella she looks at you and walks away!

I told her this morning that unless she wanted to be bird food, she better keep her prissy little self inside!!!! LOL

just found it odd the dream and then bellas total 360 in personality.
Attached Thumbnails
Bella, the Dream, and her Strange Behavior-bella.jpg  

Last edited by suedonym; 03-08-2011 at 07:53 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2011, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
4,036 posts, read 9,567,808 times
Reputation: 4969
Wow, she really is "bella." What a gorgeous girl.

Well, dreams can mean a bunch of things. Most likely, you ahve anxiety about moving. Even if it is to your "dream home," moving is still very stressful, especially if you have pets. Just like with kids, we worry how they will adapt to a new environment. We also are not familiar with that environment and, therefore, can have anxiety about how safe it is for our helpless loved ones.

I think that Bella is sensing your anxiety and, maybe even, that a move is imminent. Cats (and dogs) will stick to you like glue if they sense that you are leaving/moving, probably b/c they want to be sure that they will not be left behind.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2011, 09:40 AM
 
Location: NC
1,695 posts, read 4,387,466 times
Reputation: 1865
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Wow, she really is "bella." What a gorgeous girl.

Well, dreams can mean a bunch of things. Most likely, you ahve anxiety about moving. Even if it is to your "dream home," moving is still very stressful, especially if you have pets. Just like with kids, we worry how they will adapt to a new environment. We also are not familiar with that environment and, therefore, can have anxiety about how safe it is for our helpless loved ones.

I think that Bella is sensing your anxiety and, maybe even, that a move is imminent. Cats (and dogs) will stick to you like glue if they sense that you are leaving/moving, probably b/c they want to be sure that they will not be left behind.

Thanks! we sure think shes pretty (lol). We are making plans to move, but right now, nothing is set in concrete. Not even packing or anything yet. And i wasnt even trying to give her more lovies after my dream to make me feel better- just knowing her, she wouldnt have gone for it LOL

maybe she knows something i dont.... ??? the lotto drawing is tonight! LMAO!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
4,036 posts, read 9,567,808 times
Reputation: 4969
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post
Thanks! we sure think shes pretty (lol). We are making plans to move, but right now, nothing is set in concrete. Not even packing or anything yet. And i wasnt even trying to give her more lovies after my dream to make me feel better- just knowing her, she wouldnt have gone for it LOL

maybe she knows something i dont.... ??? the lotto drawing is tonight! LMAO!
I'm sure she does. Our pets are so sensitive to our feelings. She might even be reacting to your anxiety regarding the dream, maybe even reassuring you that she is safe (and has not been carried off by a bird-of-prey) by sticking to you.

However, it's been my experience that pets are ridiculously sensitive to moving. Even without any material evidence of a move (boxes, etc.), they will sense that a move is on the table, even if you are only thinking about it.

And hey, maybe this is good news re: the lottery (I certainly hope so; it would be wonderful if Bella anticipated a definite move before you did ).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2011, 12:11 PM
 
Location: NC
1,695 posts, read 4,387,466 times
Reputation: 1865
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
And hey, maybe this is good news re: the lottery (I certainly hope so; it would be wonderful if Bella anticipated a definite move before you did ).
She would be the golden kitty, if thats the case LOL

part of the reason WHY we havent made concrete plans yet is we are looking for a house that is large enough to accommodate the 4 of us PLUS my grandparents (and still give them privacy). And that doesnt cost in the millions... LOL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top