U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:12 PM

15,703 posts, read 16,198,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetRay View Post
Thank you soooooo much to all of you for your advice!!!

Already called the vet and made an appt. Hopefully they can figure it out and give her meds if needed!

That is great! I am so relieved. Now I know that Tinkerbell will no longer be suffering in silience if she does have a bladder infection.

SweetRay......now you know you have all of us caring about your Tinkerbell......so please......be sure to come back and let us all know what happened at the vets.

Sure would be nice if all it takes is a round of antibiotics to get everyone happy again.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 12:14 AM

327 posts, read 572,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola4 View Post
Glad you made an appointment with your vet. Often pottying outside the box is a medical issue, and can be a VERY serious one at that.

If Tinkerbell checks out physically. Change brands of litter. Change the litter box location and/or add another box.

Yeah I'm gonna try some new litter if this doesn't stop... The weird thing is, well to me it's weird, but she poo's (lol) in the cat box...

Old 03-11-2011, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
That is great! I am so relieved. Now I know that Tinkerbell will no longer be suffering in silience if she does have a bladder infection.

SweetRay......now you know you have all of us caring about your Tinkerbell......so please......be sure to come back and let us all know what happened at the vets.

Sure would be nice if all it takes is a round of antibiotics to get everyone happy again.

Hahaha why thank you!! I for sure will let you all know what happens at the vet.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:06 PM

741 posts, read 1,314,176 times
Good luck Sweet Ray,

My guess is that if the kitty is pooping in the box the urinating is less likely to be behavioral. My kitty had an acute infection that was diagnosed flutd. Now he does well on fluoxetine, the generic of prozac which has cut down on spraying 99%. It is inexpensive and easy to give to him.

My vet(s) have said that there is a difference in their position, squatting down to pee v spraying horizontally, although each can make puddles. Not being a vet, I am not sure what each means but I know that each time there has been an issue with this it has been asked.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:28 PM

14,030 posts, read 21,223,922 times
My cat growing up always peed on the morning paper. Then it stopped just as sudden.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:54 PM

Well just got back from the vet. He checked her bladder and said it was smaller than normal. Since he didn't have a urine sample, he said with the bladder being as small as it was and since she has been pooing in the box, that does tell him that she has a bladder infection. So he gave her a shot and then gave me some meds. I give her the liquid 2x a day and then these chewable pills once a day. Said if she won't eat them then to mush it in wet food... Got home and yeah, had to crush them :P

Thank you to all of you for all your replies and suggestions! You'e all fabulous!!

Old 03-12-2011, 01:09 PM

48,504 posts, read 93,327,773 times
Look into food that are uranary tect type to stop infections. That is what we did and no problems since.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:23 PM

13,768 posts, read 36,857,744 times
I had a cat with diabetics and she pee'd on the bed and on clothes. She also pee'd on paper. Once her blood sugar was under control she had no problem but let it go up and I would have a wet bed

Old 03-12-2011, 06:29 PM

SweetRay........I am soooo glad everything is going to be OK and Tinkerbell is going to be feeling good soon!

Thanks so much for letting all of us know what happened.

Never heard of the small bladder thing. Did the vet say she is going to always be prone to bladder infections?

At least now you know and can be on the lookout for new infections from here on out.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Look into food that are uranary tect type to stop infections. That is what we did and no problems since.
Me too tex..........one of my girl kitties got bladder stones.......the stones dissolved after a couple of months on the unrinary diet. She is on the diet for life so she doesn't get any more stones.

Thank goodness she loves her special food. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats