Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 05:06 PM

3 posts, read 3,300 times

Advertisements

i try to keep my cat away from string it keeps eating it so we get him cat nip toys<br>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 01:19 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,897,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braidcla View Post
hahaha my cat does the same thing
How about a few pictures of your cat? We love pic's here.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:46 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,665,314 times
My kitty gets more cat toys than DD with hers... yikes.

Kitty's latest toy is a glow in the dark "firefly in a jar" sold for $14 @ Lowes... you "tap" the jar top & the firely will randomly fly, make noise w/ wingflaps, glow etc... kitty got so smart from playing with it at night she actually shows off to my DH by tapping on the jar "herself" to show DH how it works. Go figure!

She has 3 lasers, she gotten too smart to chase them around after she gets bored.
2 cat trees... she is not too into that dunno why. Maybe because she hunts outside for real & plays on the deck & porch for fun, hence cat trees are for extreme boredom when "out of play" I guess.

She has tons of mice to play with... mice that run in "crazy circles" (she has 3-4 different crazy circle kind of toys, one is like a circle/pan fishbowl), wind up mice toy, remote mice toy, those fuzzy catnip filled mice toy you throw (at least 10 of those), fish pole mice toy, Ikea stuff XL mice toy for X'mas this year... but it never really excites her like chasing a real mice / squirrel outdoors.

She gets toy "clear puzzles" w/ little beads contained within, tons of balls to play with (tennis ball, ping-pong w/ feathers, Martha Stewart "Orange crochet" dog toy, balls that glow, balls that reflects crazy lights, disco lighted balls... guess those are more to catch the attention of the person playing with her than she herself... we the clowns for her... lol!

She has 4-5 scratchers, a hang on the door wind-clock feather teaser, 3 feather wands, a pom-pom tipped fingered glove, been chasing after real fishes in fish tanks, catching cat-birds within Grandpa's blueberry patch, chasing after our feets.... and many more supercute pranks all in the name of her "high-adventures".

She is a kitty who loves to have fun.

P.S. We are so dedicated to her, she has 2 "decor" furniture she scratches on (one a side table w/ 2 woven baskets) & another a giant sunflower basket from Pier one... all bears marks of her "excitement".

Old 03-01-2012, 12:21 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,897,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
My kitty gets more cat toys than DD with hers... yikes.

Kitty's latest toy is a glow in the dark "firefly in a jar" sold for $14 @ Lowes...
Brevity snipped.

I'm so glad to hear this. Some people wouldn't spend $2 on a toy for their cat. Where are you finding all these wonderful toys? Do you have a website or what pet store were they in?

My cats have all kinds of toys but new ones as you describe may interest them. We have an assortment of cat furniture for our three cats. We have those 4' ones with platforms to large 6' tall multi level condos. We even have a three level cat tree in our RV for them.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Brevity snipped.

I'm so glad to hear this. Some people wouldn't spend $2 on a toy for their cat. Where are you finding all these wonderful toys? Do you have a website or what pet store were they in?

My cats have all kinds of toys but new ones as you describe may interest them. We have an assortment of cat furniture for our three cats. We have those 4' ones with platforms to large 6' tall multi level condos. We even have a three level cat tree in our RV for them.
I usually do my shopping at Ross, TJMaxx, Big Box stores (like Target, Lowes, Walmart etc.), Petsmart / Petco... for my kitty toys. I am usually quite drawn to the cat section... lol!

Since I deal heavily in cash, I don't have the habit to shop on-line for anything... a victim of ID theft & scams you see... I don't trust any on-line shops.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:39 PM

My cat is not a "hider" she is a very "outgoing" cat... so toys with hidey-holes like a cat tree is not much of a thrill for her. She is so comfortable with humans that she will approach all strangers, sniffing them, wanting pets etc. She also prefer to sleep on our bed, not under a bed or trying to crawl under a cat condo in the cat trees or the other 3 condo beds she has... very peculiar this cat... not very "cat-like" as my DH would often say.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:17 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,550,109 times
I guess this is the firefly toy? Petstages Nighttime Flicker & Fly Firefly Jar Cat Toy at PETCO That looks pretty interesting. I'm a sucker for the toys sometimes. Always trying to find something the cat may choose to interact with when we are not at home during the day or such, but I hadn't run across this one. Although she really doesn't appear to be that active during the day when we are home, so it probably doesn't matter.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:29 PM

^^^No, not that one.
But this one that you "tap" to make it glow... electronic firefly in a jar by thinkgeek.
ThinkGeek :: Electronic Firefly in a Jar

Old 03-01-2012, 06:21 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,326,496 times
Rotating toys is a great idea. When the cat tires of a toy putting it away for a month or two and then reintroducing it makes the kitty think it is something new in many cases. It always worked for my cats.

I once told my mother I did this for my cats and she began laughing. I asked her what was so funny. She said, "That's the same thing I used to do with you and your sisters when you were little."

Worked like a charm.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:19 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,550,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
^^^No, not that one.
But this one that you "tap" to make it glow... electronic firefly in a jar by thinkgeek.
ThinkGeek :: Electronic Firefly in a Jar
Oh cool, thanks! Yeah, that looks good too, maybe better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats