U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 07:49 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,843,474 times

Advertisements

Her "handsome" boy

My sister has given a home to many stray or abandoned cats over the years ... "My" Saber was one of those cats, a flea covered kitten ... "so small he fit in one hand" when she took him in.

TAZ was another of her rescued loves ... when his person could no longer care for him, she took him to her home, instead of to a shelter.

Nov 2 2012 ... we took TAZ to the vet because we knew he wasn't well ... we didn't know he wouldn't be coming home again

We held him as he crossed over ... his fur wet from our tears

TAZ 1998 - 2012

Last edited by leanansidhex; 02-03-2021 at 10:50 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 07:53 PM

15,715 posts, read 15,387,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post
Her "handsome" boy

My sister has given a home to many stray or abandoned cats over the years ... "My" Saber was one of those cats, a flea covered kitten ... "so small he fit in one hand" when she took him in.

TAZ was another of her rescued loves ... when his person could no longer care for him, she took him to her home, instead of to a shelter.

Nov 2 2012 ... we took TAZ to the vet because we knew he wasn't well ... we didn't know he wouldn't be coming home again

We held him as he crossed over ... his fur wet from our tears

TAZ 1998 - 2012
Awww.....please accept my condolences. Losing them is the hardest thing about loving them.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:27 AM

11,528 posts, read 12,974,542 times
I've had them visit, over the years, since they've all gone. Funny thing recently, though. My husband and I were talking about our youngest cat who passed over in August of 2010. Well, we were talking about her that day, the funny names we called her, some light conversation like we do on occasion about each of them gone, have before other times, but that night we both had dreams of her! I mean both our subconsciouses couldn't have whipped up that one same night, same channel. You can't force your subconsious to produce. So, that's another indication that they do indeed visit. I'm a proof person, need my own verifications to keep it real for myself. I think they do come. You know it in different ways. You keep finding more proof as you go along that they do survive on the other side.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:15 PM

Antony and the Johnsons If It Be Your Will - YouTube

Old 02-02-2013, 06:54 AM

7,853 posts, read 15,567,363 times
Had a visit from my sweet Red Boy the other night. He loved to play more than anything, and even if he was sound asleep, if one of the other cats got up a Game, with me, with each other, or by herself, he would get up to join in. He would wake up...s-t-r-e-t-c-h as he jumped down from chair and say "mrp?" which meant "can I play too?"

So the other night I was on the floor playing with the Girls and out of the corner of my eye I saw him do this very thing. It was...fleeting..but I knew he was there, I could feel it in my heart. I thanked him for the visit and went back to the Girls' Game. That's the second time, since he left us, that he's done that. He's visited a couple of other times too, once he saved me from re-injuring my bad foot by sitting in front of something I was about to stub the foot on. And..not as often as he used to, but he still comes to me in my mind, to rub his precious face against mine. Usually when I am missing him most. I cherish these moments. One other of my BridgeAngel's visits me too. The rest...I never see or feel them, I have no idea why. Maybe they are back out in the world giving someone else the joy and pleasure they gave me, and that's why.

Wait...once, and then twice more, I did, when thinking of my boy, get a picture put into my mind of two red boys lovingly bumping heads. It was Sweet Pea showing me that he had met up with my first Red Boy! And the other day I thought I felt my girlie that I lost in March 2005. But...it was the first and only time ever, so I wonder if I was just thinking of her, or if she was really there. Naw, it was her.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:27 PM

2,570 posts, read 7,206,594 times
Wow, I was glad to see this thread! I don't discuss this with most people because I get this look:

I know what we experienced though and it was very real.

My Sebastian had to be euthanized 8 years ago. He was 18 and had kidney failure. He was an orange tabby, and I'd had him since I was a teenager. My mom found him on the side of a country road, completely rural and isolated, when he was just six weeks old.

So when the time came, I was right there with him at the vet's office. My spouse was standing a few feet away in the doorway. Right after that moment that I knew he was gone, she later told me that she felt him rub around her ankles, twice, and she just knew it was him.

Then we started feeling him jump onto the bed at night, and we could both feel him, his presence, sleeping with us like he always had (in between the two of us), his weight could be felt just like he was in the bed and if you woke up and looked you could actually see a depression in the covers!

From time to time you would feel him weave around and through your legs as well, just like when he was alive. This continued until we moved to another place. I wish he'd followed!

Old 02-02-2013, 05:04 PM

2,263 posts, read 3,976,170 times
Default I never have had any of that

All of these posts from so many...We have had 5 dogs during our marriage and something like 15 or 18 cats (don't count) and not once did we ever have "visits" from our dear late cats and dogs.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 PM

For the past few weeks I've had the feeling that Saber was "back" I'd hear songs from his Playlist in unusual places and settings.

I found myself looking at kitten pictures, then actual kittens at Petco, and on Petfinder.

So, I spoke with Dr. Agnes Thomas, my pet psychic, yesterday. Saber IS back, and he told me how to find him. He was born in January and will be ready to come home to me in March.

Is this my Saber?

VISITATIONS and SIGNS, from deceased felines ?-img_20130211_173638.jpg

I'll let you know, when I know ... I hope to meet this little guy in the next few days.

WIshing you were here- Alison Moyet - YouTube

Last edited by leanansidhex; 02-12-2013 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: add

Old 02-13-2013, 12:47 PM

3,445 posts, read 5,554,397 times
If your cat spoke to you when you were alive and is not contacting you from the dead, get professional help.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:11 PM

29,482 posts, read 71,210,408 times
Where do you think they got the song "The Cat came back (the very next day)."?

Everyone knows they come back to visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats