U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 05:00 AM

2,089 posts, read 3,864,646 times

Advertisements

YouTube - ‪Tori Amos - A Sorta Fairytale (Live Söndagsöppet Swedish Tv 2002)‬‏
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 08:20 AM

I was given a horse the year I turned 15. She had been neglected by the boys that had PRomisED their parents they would feed her and take care of her.
Why it took their parents almost 6 months to realize that the horse in THEIR backyard was STARVING to death was never answered to MY satisfaction.

I had been begging for a horse since 1st grade, with zero success and was fairly certain after 9 years that my parents were not being coy in order to surprise me in the future.

Turns out, my father had a weakness for mistreated animals, so I now had a horse!

I got Boo the week of spring break which allowed me to sleep in the barn with her and feed her all her meals. It was all very Black Stallion.

The first night I had to sleep at home, she broke out of the pasture 2 miles away, and ended up outside my bedroom window.

Boo and I bonded and were very close, but, she never "spoke" to me telepathically.

Saber does.

But the way he looked directly into my eyes those last few months, pleading with me to understand him,this time more than all the other times. I thought he was trying to show me what was making him sick, and heaven help me, I could NOT understand.

This next song just kills me.

I have a lot of music on my ipod I haven't listened to yet, so when I heard it for the first time, after Saber was gone, I KNEW for certain he had sent me these "stories" and that he was not mad at me.

No one but Saber I know everything that was said and done the night we let go. The vet that came to the house didn't intrude on our private moments.

I wanted very much for Saber to be able to go outside one more time so he could feel the air, look at the stars, smell his smells, and check his territory for intruders, be sure his borders were secure before leaving.

But it was cold that night and I was thinking it was probably better not to even though I knew we should.

When I started to explain to Saber that we wouldn't be able to go outside, the vet, bless his heart, said it was our choice, and that it wasn't THAT cold.

It was that cold, but I appreciated the cold breeze on my face, and the chance to feel anything other than grief if only for a moment.

I held him close, and explained to him one more time what to expect, and then I asked him one more time: did he want .. Saber, Kitty Bye Bye?....
... Saber, Kitty Night Night?

He Did.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:22 AM

YouTube - ‪Elliott Smith - Between The Bars‬‏

Old 06-27-2011, 08:27 AM

7,329 posts, read 15,129,938 times
Saber was very lucky to have you.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:34 AM

Thank You

YouTube - ‪David Bowie - Rebel Rebel‬‏

Old 06-27-2011, 09:02 AM

If you look at the song list, there is typo? an error on the # 20 song...

I had not wanted to "share" this playlist. I was in pain and not feeling generous.

Even after he explained to me that he wanted "all the people to not feel hurt so much"

I was still reasoning/bargaining with him as I typed the post with the playlist.

If you compare my first post, I didn't even know how to make a paragraph, with this one, it looks like it was done by a different person. It was, I let him drive 'cause I figured he couldn't do any worse!

O.k. back trying to weasel out of sharing MY gift that was clearly NOT (just) mine.......

"No one else will understand it" and other uncharitable remarks that did NOT help my case.

I finished typing, previewed it, that button was easy to figure out (yeah me)

Everything was correct and in order.... I was still protesting when he pushed a paw in my back and I submitted reply under protest.

SWEET BOY...............

The #20 song .... All the Young Dudes....... is MY song.....

There was no error when I previewed the post .....

When it actually posted, he had condensed the playlist and separated MY Song from the rest.

YouTube - ‪Mott the Hoople All The Young Dudes‬‏

Old 06-27-2011, 09:48 AM

YouTube - ‪Bjork - Human Behaviour‬‏

Old 06-27-2011, 09:54 AM

YouTube - ‪Pretenders - Night in My Veins‬‏

Old 06-27-2011, 10:08 AM

I told Him his favorite story:
"When you were a little baby kitten, you were so small you could fit in one hand, and even though I didn't know you then.
I knew that I loved you.... and that I'll always love you, and there's nothing you could do that would ever make me stop loving you.

YouTube - ‪Close to you‬‏

Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 AM

YouTube - ‪Eurythmics - I Need A Man‬‏
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats