Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 05:18 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,283,470 times

Advertisements

WIshing you were here- Alison Moyet - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 05:50 AM

18,052 posts, read 15,639,191 times
I lost my beloved golden retriever last year to cancer and though I surely wish I could feel her presence and spirit...and I am a sensitive and intuitive person, I never have.

Losing her was simply the saddest thing and I am still grieving. I didn't hesitate though--I made a vow to her when she was a little pup that I would give her the best life I could, the best healthcare I could and never prolong her life if she wasn't feeling well. And, 10 years later I kept my promise. But I miss her every day and sadly, I have not received any 'signs' at all.

I have a cat who I got 9 months before my golden passed, and I enjoy her company very much.

But no, there's been no visitations or signs. All I have is my memories, pictures, her ashes, and continued tears and sadness. I wish I could report otherwise....

Old 09-28-2011, 06:11 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,283,470 times
There are no words to express my deep sympathy for your loss.

Although I could be considered sensitive and intuitive as well, I now think that this experience with Saber has more to do with the being he is, I'm simply here to help him.

My reward for my service is a mutual, unending love and attachment

Old 09-28-2011, 11:14 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post
Please don't debate the validity of this reading, that's not my purpose for sharing it or the reason I started this thread, it simply offers a different perspective.
I've met many people that have had similar experiences. I'm not sure if they truly communicate with animals or just read people well. Regardless - I beleive that some people have a special connection with animals and others just don't. Who is to question how deep and these connections can become?

I think that the best vets have this sense of intuiton and communition. Some vets may be technically competant, but if they are missing that animal sense, they are truly missing something. My cats see 2 vets at the same clinic - who collaborate daily. One is super technical and OCD. The other is more sensitive. The pair of them make for a perfect animal care team.

I have had vivd dreams about previous pets I have lost. But since I handled this latest set of losses (3 in month) fairly well, I don't think I needed any visits this time around. I'm sure they are saving for a trip when I really need them.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:39 PM

17 posts, read 39,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Oh yes, they visit us and we can absolutely still communicate with them once they've crossed over! When my beloved Humphrey I. crossed the bridge, he visited me in a dream that was so vivid I knew it wasn't "just a dream". He communicated to me that he planned to come back to me, and even told me where he would be found and what he would look like. This was about 5 weeks after he'd passed. A few days later, I told a friend of mine who worked at the animal hospital (where he told me I would find him) about the dream, and she turned white as a ghost. She said a gray kitten, approximately 5 weeks old, had been dropped off there as a stray and needed a home! I went there that very night when my friend's shift started, and there he was...he jumped as soon as he saw me and started meowing like crazy...when I picked him up, he graced me with the very same nuzzle/head-butt that was his trademark move, and I knew. It was one of the happiest moments of my life! I thought maybe it was just a coincidence, but he wouldn't respond to his new name (I was going to call him "Hubert")...he would only respond to "Humphrey". Coincidence? I think not! My family thinks I'm nuts, but there's no way they could understand the VIBE of it all, how real that dream was, the timing and the chills that went from my head to my toes as soon as we looked at each other again...pure magic!
What a precious story. I'm so glad you found peace, too. It just goes to show that we should never underestimate miracles.

My sweet Morrie crossed the rainbow bridge in 2007, he was 6 months old. We had adopted him from our local Humane Society. He was pawing at me through the cage and I knew he had to leave with me. He was a part of the family from day one. Heplayed with my 7 yo orange tabby, who I might add, had always been an only child.

Soon after his adoption, I noticed that Morrie wasn't gaining weight and I took him to the vet (4 times the first month). After different foods, vitamins, every blood test under the sun, the vet didn't have a clue. He only wanted to eat treats and would never eat the dry food. He began vomiting and losing weight, so I took him back to the vet. They did an ultrasound and noticed he had fluid in his abdomen. They sent off a test, kept him over the weekend, and began IV fluids. On Monday, they told us he had Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP) and that is was fatal virus that he most likely contracted from his mother's milk and that he had had it since he was a very young kitten. I was a wreck. Did I expose my older cat to this deadly virus? Is the vet sure? Is there actually nothing I can do for this kitten I had fallen in love with? It was just awful. The vet told us it would be best to put him down. We obliged. Whenever we came to say goodbye, he stuck his little paw out of the cage when I was walking away, just as he did on day one. I couldn't leave him- he wasn't ready. I snatched him up, took him home, and quarantined the two of us in my bedroom for an entire week. This was all against our vet's advice, but it was just so hard to accept that our new family member, a tiny kitten, was sick enough to die.

Little Morrie would rest on my stomach and give me little kisses on my face. I told him how wonderful he was and how happy he had made us the past 2 months and how grateful we were for him sharing his life with us. My 75 yo neighbor, who is a lifetime cat lover, and had lost a 19 yo cat to kidney disease the summer before, would come over everyday to check on him. I would open the window and she would look in and talk to him. The whole experience was really special. Sadly, 6 days later, Morrie took his last breath. I was holding him, my husband was by my side, and my sweet neighbor was standing at the window.

It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I think we both needed those few days to say goodbye and tell each other how much we meant to one another. I don't regret a single second with him. I am so happy we could give him a good life and that he didn't have to suffer in a cage, alone, at an animal shelter. A few months later, we adopted two littermates. I tell them that without Morrie, they wouldn't be in our lives. He not only brought us happiness with his sweet life, but also with our two other cats.

My older cat is fine. He's 11 yo now and no sign of FIP. The vet said that the virus was most likely through shedding and that my other cat's immune system was probably tip-top at that age. Morrie will always have a special place in my heart and we still talk about him from time to time. Cats really do change our lives, don't they?

Old 10-05-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post
I was given a horse the year I turned 15. She had been neglected by the boys that had PRomisED their parents they would feed her and take care of her.
Why it took their parents almost 6 months to realize that the horse in THEIR backyard was STARVING to death was never answered to MY satisfaction.

I had been begging for a horse since 1st grade, with zero success and was fairly certain after 9 years that my parents were not being coy in order to surprise me in the future.

Turns out, my father had a weakness for mistreated animals, so I now had a horse!

I got Boo the week of spring break which allowed me to sleep in the barn with her and feed her all her meals. It was all very Black Stallion.

The first night I had to sleep at home, she broke out of the pasture 2 miles away, and ended up outside my bedroom window.

Boo and I bonded and were very close, but, she never "spoke" to me telepathically.

Saber does.

But the way he looked directly into my eyes those last few months, pleading with me to understand him,this time more than all the other times. I thought he was trying to show me what was making him sick, and heaven help me, I could NOT understand.

This next song just kills me.

I have a lot of music on my ipod I haven't listened to yet, so when I heard it for the first time, after Saber was gone, I KNEW for certain he had sent me these "stories" and that he was not mad at me.

No one but Saber I know everything that was said and done the night we let go. The vet that came to the house didn't intrude on our private moments.

I wanted very much for Saber to be able to go outside one more time so he could feel the air, look at the stars, smell his smells, and check his territory for intruders, be sure his borders were secure before leaving.

But it was cold that night and I was thinking it was probably better not to even though I knew we should.

When I started to explain to Saber that we wouldn't be able to go outside, the vet, bless his heart, said it was our choice, and that it wasn't THAT cold.

It was that cold, but I appreciated the cold breeze on my face, and the chance to feel anything other than grief if only for a moment.

I held him close, and explained to him one more time what to expect, and then I asked him one more time: did he want .. Saber, Kitty Bye Bye?....
... Saber, Kitty Night Night?

He Did.
This brought tears to my eyes. Such a special story. Glad you had each other.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:59 AM

<sniff>

Now I'm tearing up too.

I still tell my golden how much I love her. I just say it out loud at home at random times (I live alone). I don't know if she can hear me or where they go when they pass (or us, for that matter), but my love for her is eternal and that energy still has to go somewhere! I pray it reaches her. When she was here with me I told her every day of her life how much I loved her so I see no reason that should stop now that she's not here. I don't say it every day, but I do at least once a week. I will have her ashes either buried with me or mixed with my ashes when I go. I'm going to put that in my will and leave instructions for that to be done.

In the meantime my cat is spoiled rotten, she learned from 'her' dog how to be demanding, and is carrying on the legacy of "supreme being of the house with the human servant to wait on me."

Old 10-06-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
<sniff>

Now I'm tearing up too.

I still tell my golden how much I love her. I just say it out loud at home at random times (I live alone). I don't know if she can hear me or where they go when they pass (or us, for that matter), but my love for her is eternal and that energy still has to go somewhere! I pray it reaches her. When she was here with me I told her every day of her life how much I loved her so I see no reason that should stop now that she's not here. I don't say it every day, but I do at least once a week. I will have her ashes either buried with me or mixed with my ashes when I go. I'm going to put that in my will and leave instructions for that to be done.

In the meantime my cat is spoiled rotten, she learned from 'her' dog how to be demanding, and is carrying on the legacy of "supreme being of the house with the human servant to wait on me."
That is such a good idea. I think I will do that, too. So sweet that you still talk with her. I can't imagine loving anything more than my cats. It upsets my family when I say stuff like that, but that's just how I feel. They really do complete me. So glad I have found this forum and have people that understand.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:57 PM

Look @ that face. Hee. She was 'tolerating' the cat constantly wanting to cuddle up to her.

How can I not still love, adore and talk to my golden girl? It's been 15 months since her passing and I miss her so much, still. She was actually sick when this pic was taken, but I didn't know it yet, and wouldn't for another few months. But the cancer was there, growing deep inside.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:06 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,131,647 times
i had to put my missy pearl to sleep on 10/16/10 due to kidney disease - also my 3rd worse day of my life - two weeks after her passing i was laying in bed watching tv with my other cat miss jelly - all of a sudden i felt missy pearl laying on my feet which was a habit of hers - before i could even move my head to look at jelly, jelly was just howling at me and very upset - this continued to happen two more times during that week and then stopped - however jelly has woken me up numerous times in the middle of the night crying so i have been leaving a light on so i may see why she is crying - i never do see anything but somehow i think it maybe missy pearl visiting us-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats