Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 09:12 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,850,769 times

Advertisements

I'm not a big believer in spiritual things, but I will share two events that I can't explain.

When I was young we had a cat named Vasha. She was a gorgeous calico...to be honest, I don't remember much about her other than how pretty she was. I was just too young. She died young of sudden heart failure.

A few days after her death, I opened the pantry door that led down to the basement. The cats were no allowed down there, but they often tried to sneak past. I saw Vasha sitting at the bottom of the basement stairs. She started to run up the stairs to me but disappeared when she was halfway there. She just kind of faded away. That night, I felt the bed dip like it would under a cat's weight.

I can dismiss that pretty easily as a grieving child's imagination, but the next incident I really have no explanation for. Again, I was fairly young, probably between 8-10. I was playing in my room when I got the most intense feeling of pure dread. I walked down the stairs, very calmly went up to my mother and told her "an animal is about to get hurt". A few minutes later a kitten was struck by a car outside our house and killed. My mother remembers this as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 12:49 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
I don't know how to make this link but go to Wimp.com today and see the Tribute to a Dog Named Beau: Jimmy Stewart reads his poem on the Johnny Carson show.

Somebody tell me how to make links from Wimp to CD and I will be grateful.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:05 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I don't know how to make this link but go to Wimp.com today and see the Tribute to a Dog Named Beau: Jimmy Stewart reads his poem on the Johnny Carson show.

Somebody tell me how to make links from Wimp to CD and I will be grateful.
Here's the link kudzu. What a wonderful poem. You guys MUST watch it, you will be glad you did.

Bet you can't keep your eye dry: Jimmy Stewart reads a poem about his dog Beau. [VIDEO]

{I went to the site, found the video, highlighted the link's address in blue at the top of the screen, right click once, a box comes up with selections, click "Copy". Then write your post, right click once, a box comes up with selections, click "Paste", and your link will be there. That's the only way I know how to do it.}

THANKS for finding this great poem for us, kudzu!

Couldn't help thinking, Jimmy and Beau are now together again.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:03 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,285,219 times
Thank You JJ

Thank You no kudzu

Saber says, "we reach out to you too, for a pat on the head or scratch on the chin, we miss you too"

Old 12-16-2011, 10:03 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,537,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
I can dismiss that pretty easily as a grieving child's imagination, but the next incident I really have no explanation for. Again, I was fairly young, probably between 8-10. I was playing in my room when I got the most intense feeling of pure dread. I walked down the stairs, very calmly went up to my mother and told her "an animal is about to get hurt". A few minutes later a kitten was struck by a car outside our house and killed. My mother remembers this as well.
Had a similar incident myself. When I was in junior high, my Dad and I were runnin errands and talking about all kinds of odd things - like we always did. Our topic turned to how sad it would be to lose our silly cat and how we would react to it. We got home and settled in. A few hours later, a neighbor kids stopped by and told us that our girl just had been hit by a car in front of our house. Everything after that played out just as we had discussed. I always felt my Dad had a sixth sense.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:48 PM

Annie53, Thank You for helping no kudzu to post such an unassuming and powerful expression of love to Sabers' thread.

If you would ever like to reminisce about your lost loves ....

Old 12-22-2011, 09:42 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,576,938 times
I had to have my Boo put to sleep October 30, this year. Boo was 16 years old and has a rather large ugly tumor on her head that was eating her up,, Boo was a very special girl for my whole family.... she was our Mama's cat and Mama died in 1999 so we felt she was our last connection to Mama. Mama loved Boo so much and Boo was tramatized by Mama's death.

I feel like I sent Boo back to Mama and they are together again but a day don't go by that I don't cry because I miss Boo so much. I beg Boo and Mama to let me see them back together so I will know Boo found Mama, let me see them or send me a sign.... I haven't yet..

I am the "sensitive" one in the family that "sees" or "knows" things but I haven't picked up anything on Boo & Mama's reunion and I am so dissapointed..... but I will wait.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:39 PM

12 posts, read 8,496 times
Default Visitations

There was a small tabby cat in my life that didnt belong to me but lived in the same house. We had the cat for about three years. The cat was an indoor out door cat. She used to snuggle right up against my head some of the time. As I was falling asleep i could feel the gentel presuure and the feel of her fur. One day she just didnt come back. Maybe three weeks or so after i would feel that same thing, as if she was right there. I could even sense the deppresion in the pillow next to my head. This happened for two or three years after, less frequently now. I knew then and know now it is not my imagination. Some times i can even sense here walking up my blanket to my pillow.

The first three or four times it happened i was sure there realy was something there. I would open my eyes and see nothing. When My wolf dog died, several days later as i was lightly napping in my work room chair, i felt and heard the my deceased dogs toung kissing my face and the peculair noise it made when he did this. i knew it was him saying goodby to me.

Anyone that has these experiences, please dont let the ridgid dogmatic main stream science that tries to tell you just what is and what is not possible doubt what you are experiencing. You will hear all kinds of reasons as to why its not real and just in your head. The funny thing is I didnt have the strongest bond with that tabby cat, it was a 11 year old girls cat. To me, these things are comforting and make me happy. I hate to think of all the damage western thinking has done to people, making them doubt their own sanity.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn47 View Post

Anyone that has these experiences, please dont let the ridgid dogmatic main stream science that tries to tell you just what is and what is not possible doubt what you are experiencing. You will hear all kinds of reasons as to why its not real and just in your head. The funny thing is I didnt have the strongest bond with that tabby cat, it was a 11 year old girls cat. To me, these things are comforting and make me happy. I hate to think of all the damage western thinking has done to people, making them doubt their own sanity.
Thank You for sharing your experiences, even those who don't believe, have been, and will be respectful here.
We all have the common experience of losing a beloved friend, and all are friends here.

Last edited by leanansidhex; 01-13-2012 at 12:11 AM.. Reason: wording

Old 01-13-2012, 09:16 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,537,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
I am the "sensitive" one in the family that "sees" or "knows" things but I haven't picked up anything on Boo & Mama's reunion and I am so dissapointed..... but I will wait.
When you stop looking for a sign, it will appear. It's like finding a lost object, once you stop looking - it shows up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats